Bands/Groups do you listen to as you play Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metal or Rap as you play Skyrim?

• Metal!

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Rap! Chyeaaaaa

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Both

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • None of those, I listen to another Genre.

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer

Whole album is amazing. I remember listening to WDT in 1999, and I was awestruck. At a complete loss for words. Some how this song (which was never one of my favorites; I mean I liked it but it wasn't Push-It or anything...haha) has been stuck in my head for a couple hours now! Only way for me to get it out is to play it over and over and over and over and OVER! :D

I love Static X and Industrial Metal, as goes for Punk for Diazm7, I enjoy it as well.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Tankard
Death
Opeth
Nevermore
Tool
Primus
Nevermore, Primus and Tool are excellent, what threw me off of Opeth is that one time I went to a concert and they happend to be there, sat 20 minutes, over a song while the guitar guy went through 4 different guitars as the singer just sat there and made the same 2 noises for 15 minutes straight

SeaDog

None actually. Skyrim is the first game that I can honestly say that I don't turn the music off. Its soothing.

Just another part of what makes Skyrim great.

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
I love Static X and Industrial Metal, as goes for Punk for Diazm7, I enjoy it as well.
Check out "whole wheat bread" they're from jacksonville florida. They're pretty good

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I like the skyrim music as well, I don't feel the need to listen to other music.

Metallipath

Premium Member
When I play I listen to the game soundtrack, but outside I listen to a big variety of music.

Sigh, Windir, Enslaved, Dissection and Emperor for Black Metal. Death, and Cynic for Death Metal. Aesop Rock, Atmosphere and Death Grips for Hip Hop. Fever Ray, iamamiwhoami, and Ladytron for Electro.

Well anyway, the list goes on for far too long to continue.

LordTalos

I don't listen to music? I guess people read the subtitles.... sometimes the sounds in game can make you aware of certain things and help.

LordTalos

but if you are intrested in my music tastes anything classic death metal or classic hiphop
maybe some older dubstep when it was grimey and fresh

brandon

I usually don't listen to music when I game. But when I do, it's gotta be Classic Rock. I always go to band like AC/DC, Def Leppard, Nirvanna, The Who, Night Ranger, Journey, and alot more. That or some Dubstep. ;)
damn i must be old if nirvana is now considered classic rock. ive always thought of hendrix skynrd acdc zepp journey. you know stuff from late sixties to mid-late seventies to be classic. music from the eighties to mid ninties are not classic rock. im sorry bro but you cant put pantera nirvana alice in chains and other bands from that era in the classic rock category. but as to what i listen to. other then alice in chains the rooster and skynrds give me three steps and hank jrs country boy can survive. i listen to the soundtrack. its pretty epic to hear the music change as the shadow passes over you. and yes its those songs in that order. its a ritual i started my first time in iraq. cant break tradition. i play them before i even load the game up.

brandon

I thought the same thing when I saw Nirvana and Def Leppard in a "classic rock" listing. Whew.
im still shy of 30. but i keep forgeting we might have kids on here too that might not have even owned a walkman or the cd version for that matter.

Beigarth the Horrible

Destroyer of Worlds
The soundtrack and the game sounds to Skyrim are one of my favorite features to the game. The growls of the dragons...the creepy sounds of the caves...the sudden drum blasts when something crazy is about to happen....the beautiful melodic scores that erupt as you traverse the lands. Music....for me at least....would detract from the game experience.

demujin

Whole album is amazing. I remember listening to WDT in 1999, and I was awestruck. At a complete loss for words. Some how this song (which was never one of my favorites; I mean I liked it but it wasn't Push-It or anything...haha) has been stuck in my head for a couple hours now! Only way for me to get it out is to play it over and over and over and over and OVER! :D
Oh man I remember this album! I don't think I've listened to it since last millennium, lol. I just youtubed 'Push It.

demujin

Nevermore, Primus and Tool are excellent, what threw me off of Opeth is that one time I went to a concert and they happend to be there, sat 20 minutes, over a song while the guitar guy went through 4 different guitars as the singer just sat there and made the same 2 noises for 15 minutes straight
That sucks. I've seen Opeth twice in concert. the first time was on the Deliverance and Damnation tour. The second time was on their Ghost Reveries tour. Really really great. The opened with 'Ghost of Perdition, Epically awesome song! I haven't cared much for the latest two albums, however. They also lost a great drummer.

Oh yeah, Nevermore Primus and Tool are all excellent, I agree. I you like Les Claypool you might like Colonol Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade. Or possibly Oysterhead; a side project he did with Trey Anastasio from Phish (i don't like Phish, but Anastasio is a very good guitarist) and Stewart Copeland from the Police.

Drachen

-sublime
-rammstein (saw in concert recently, amazing)
-all that remains
-nightwish
-within temptation
-rehab
-in this moment
-soundgarden
-the offspring

This would go on for a long time and going across a lot of genres! lol