Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ancano

High Justiciar
Well then, my dear, perhaps the next time the Dominion makes a request or offers a suggestion, everyone will be in a mood to listen. That stick btw was purchased from Kynesgrove.
Oh gods stop! You're making my proud Nord heart ache in pain and contempt

Stop honoring Talos publicly and slaying anyone who looks at you the wrong way then you will find peace.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Stop honoring Talos publicly and slaying anyone who looks at you the wrong way then you will find peace.
Pfft, yeah right, that's like an Elven thing, lame

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Apparently it's yours as well. Your Emperor and your High King Istlad agreed to these terms, signed the WGC and gave us your word in exchange for your freedom.
Those men are no more Nords than you, witchelf bastard

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The "Old Mary" hehe that's good. Yeah maybe they're alright, it's just hard to believe that there's a large ethnic group in Cyrodiil thats extremely talented in the art of warfare. All right that's all well and good but I bet they can't hold their mead! I've yet to find a race as strong liveried as us!

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/lore/forum/topics/the-imperial-divide-colovian-and-nibenese

And this is why they are winning....:p

Thalmor are indeed winning, for the moment.

Last edited:

Rimfaxe96

Shouldn't have edited your post Mage, the timeline is pretty much a real horror show for people who like freedom and stuff. Big political and territorial developements in just 2 centuries.

Last edited:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Hell with it.

4E 10 — Potentate Ocato is assassinated, likely by Thalmor agents, initiating the Stormcrown Interregnum. For the next seven years, the Elder Council is fractured by petty infighting over the Ruby Throne, further weakening Imperial power in the provinces.

With the Empire submerged in this mayhem, the Thalmor were quick to act. They overthrew the rightful Kings and Queens of the Altmer. I remember the revulsion and horror that took hold when word reached me - that this dementia had gripped my homeland. Once so proud and majestic, many of our great race actually embraced this insanity!

Then the first of many pogroms descended on Summerset Isle. They slaughtered any who were not "of the blood of the Aldmer". A fine excuse to purge the dissidents, as well - the Thalmor have never been ones to waste such an opportunity.

--

4E 22 — The Thalmor seize total control of Summerset Isle and rename it Alinor.

4E 29 — The Aldmeri Dominion is recreated after Alinor and Valenwood proclaim a union, and all contact is severed with the Empire.

With the Empire stabilizing under the auspicious efforts Emperor Titus Mede, I resumed my efforts to warn them of the Thalmor threat. Again, the Thalmor remained a step ahead. Before my efforts could come to fruition, the Thalmor struck: another coup, this time in Valenwood. The Empire was not prepared for the Thalmor's subterfuge and stratagem.

There are those who claim the combined Altmer and Bosmer forces greatly out-matched the Empire, but this is a farce. This short, savage campaign was won by the Thalmor even before first blood was drawn. They waited and watched their enemy, they chose where and when they would attack. The Thalmor were able to bring the full fury of their small contingent of Altmer and Bosmer to any of several Imperial strongholds.

Contrary to the posturing of the Empire's generals, the Thalmor did not command greater numbers. They had better spies and greater mobility, and knew how best to use them. This is the menace that the Thalmor represent! They are cruel and merciless, but they are no fools! They are devious and subtle, and so very patient.

In one fell stroke, the Thalmor took a strategic foothold on the mainland of Tamriel and prevented any significant attempt the Empire could have made to invade Summerset Isle and depose the tyranny of the Thalmor. At the same time, they took a better vantage to continue to watch the Empire and wait.

--

“Thalmor agents continue to harass the refugee communities in Sentinel and Balfiera—there has been a series of murders in the latter we can pretty confidently assign to them. The pattern is typical—the victims were all of mixed blood or had associations considered by the Aldmeri Dominion to be unclean. It’s much worse in Valenwood—our supplies are no longer reliably getting to the rebels there. Sixty were caught and executed last week, along with four of our own men. There’s a leak we [the Penitus Oculatus] don’t know about, someplace. They know too much about our movements. ..."

It is believed that the Natives (and possibly other insurgent groups) are funded by the Thalmor. p/154

The Thalmor harass refugees from the Summerset Isles and Valenwood, and are somehow involved in Elsweyr as well. p.154

4E 42 — The Night of Green Fire occurs in Sentinel. Altmer dissidents who have fled to Sentinel from the Thalmor in Summerset Isle are attacked by Thalmor operatives. Their efforts to fight back against the Thalmor are in vain, and by the time Imperial Legion soldiers arrive, the entire refugee district of the city has been destroyed. The event comes to be known as 'The Night of Green Fire' due to the destructive magic attacks employed by both sides during the battle.

4E 115 — The Elsweyr Confederacy becomes the two kingdoms of Anequina and Pelletine, which the Aldmeri Dominion accepts as client states.

--

4E 171 — The Great War begins with armies from the Aldmeri Dominion invading the Imperial provinces of Hammerfell and Cyrodiil. The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every Blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood. And so began the Great War which would consume the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion for the next five years.

"For a century or more, the Thalmor had been picking away at the Empire. Valenwood was the first, then the province of Elsweyr. But even the Blades didn't see the Great War coming. We underestimated the Thalmor, and they destroyed us."

4E 175 — The Great War ends with the White-Gold Concordat. Although victorious, the Imperial armies were in no shape to continue the war.

4E 175 — Hammerfell leaves the Empire after rejecting the White-Gold Concordat. The Redguards, understandably, looked on this as a betrayal. In this, the Thalmor certainly achieved one of their long-term goals by sowing lasting bitterness between Hammerfell and the Empire.

--

4E 201 — The Nords of Skyrim engage in a civil war.

Emperor Titus Mede saved his Empire at a very high price. A price that included the Blades. The Nords didn't like the peace treaty much either. Thirty years later, the Empire ends up with the Stormcloak rebellion on its hands. No doubt exactly as the Thalmor intended."

"The Thalmor. They stirred up trouble here. Forced us to divert needed resources and throw away good soldiers quelling this rebellion."

"I've heard disturbing rumors that they're marshalling their strength."

---

"No, you can't ever be too paranoid where the Thalmor is concerned"

Ancano

High Justiciar
Hahaha

Thalmor have overthrown their oppressors and liberated their lands. We have reminded the Empire who they are dealing with.

Don't like it, then stay the @$!# out of our affairs next time. Keep your soldiers home and opinions out of our ears.

We have a list too, a list of all the offensess your Talos carried out against us. And as you well know, that list is significantly longer.

As for freedom, what can I say, charity begins at home. Deal with it.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Well. So much just to end all creation. Thalmor motives, pfeh.

Rimfaxe96

Well. So much just to end all creation. Thalmor motives, pfeh.

Little quote from Kirkbride;

They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

Can't say Bethesda will go the Thalmor-destroy-everything route lorewise but the first sentence sounds reasonable.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You know, I've always wondered how people call the Empire bad because they killed the thief who tried to steal a horse during a time of war and he did run.

But, it is perfectly fine for the Nords to arrest the Honeybrew Mead guy and sentence him to life in prison over a plops tasting drink. That in itself is a death sentence, a slow one at that, given the poor condition of prisons in Tamriel. At least the Thief died quick.

Rimfaxe96

You know, I've always wondered how people call the Empire bad because they killed the thief who tried to steal a horse during a time of war and he did run.

People either have no clue about medieval times or haven't read the Elder Scrolls novels to even consider the value of a horse. In Lord of Souls a whole village is entirely dependant on merely 6 horses. And not even a Jarl owns a Porsche.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Little quote from Kirkbride;

They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

Can't say Bethesda will go the Thalmor-destroy-everything route lorewise but the first sentence sounds reasonable.

Well... Yes. Although Elves were quite something else before the ages of man and creation, immortal and all that. Some of them would do everything to revert things back before creation. Ancano was really close to that.
Many answers can be found below Tamriel's surface and some of those answers tell you that the Thalmor's goal will be reached, in the end. May be long dead before witnessing it though.

Last edited:

Rimfaxe96

Well... Yes. Although Elves were quite something else before the ages of man and creation, immortal and all that. Some of them would do everything to revert things back before creation. Ancano was really close to that.
Many answers can be found below Tamriel's surface and some of those answers tell you that the Thalmor's goal will be reached, in the end. May be long dead before witnessing it though.

Well, MK also wrote that "they will win in the end". Perhaps mankind should just pull off another few exterminations until all Elven races are gone. Then make an apocalypse scenario and link the TES universe to Fallout. #masterplottwist

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim

But, it is perfectly fine for the Nords to arrest the Honeybrew Mead guy and sentence him to life in prison over a pl*** tasting drink. That in itself is a death sentence, a slow one at that, given the poor condition of prisons in Tamriel. At least the Thief died quick.

(Unless of course the Stormcloaks have taken Whiterun) it's actually an Imperial that arrests him.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
(Unless of course the Stormcloaks have taken Whiterun) it's actually an Imperial that arrests him.

Imperial race doesn't mean anything. It is still under the Nord system, and not the Legion. The Stormcloaks do it, same as Whiterun.
It's very much a non Stormcloak institution, even if it isn't the Empire. It is simply a Skyrim institution, under Jarl Balgruuf, who begins as neutral.