Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
Then what is your point? Because I see this is going nowhere. First it looks girly, then too inefficient, next was that it's too heavy, now it's to bulky? My interest in this debate is fading.

It looks girly because the "kilt" is likely actually a belt, and the leather parts were a lot smaller. It is inefficient when compared to other armors of the same category, there are much better choices out there overall. It is bulky when compared to actual roman heavy armor (the lorica Segementata I believe was the inspiration for Imperial heavy armor).
The Imperial armor does look bulky, as the Lorica Segmentata does not have a whole lot of "ridges" and it looks more evenly distributed.
When it all comes down to it. I'm sure everyone is asking "Why does it matter?"

Imperial armor is good for RPing as an imperial soldier, but as a Knight or any other character, there are better choices.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Imperial armor is good for RPing as an imperial soldier, but as a Knight or any other character, there are better choices.[/QUOTE]
Ah, we're back to Rp'ing? This isn't the place for Role-Playing. We are all looking for facts that can sway one person to another faction, not Role-Playing advice. Do you know what I've learned from these 951 pages Jeremius? Every time you post an argument, it all boils down to either "your opinion" or "Role-Playing". I'm done debating with you if that is going to be the case.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Do not get me wrong, Imperial Armor is good. It is just that there are much better armors out there except as an imperial soldier.

Correct. It would have been nice if Imperial armor were separated by rank. Yes, there's the diff helmets however I think that wasn't enough. Of course, I'm the type of person who would ask for more anyways. Because the Stormcloaks have that Officer Armor as well as Nord Steel armor varieties to choose from.

They should have expanded more on the factions and what was possible with their gear. Then it would make better sense for Gen Tully to reward Legion Centurion / Praetorian armor towards the end of the Civil War quest. And his outfit wasn't all that great either.

I salute all the dev out there in the comm who have worked tirelessly to dev weap / armor alternatives for the factions of Skyrim, esp for the Empire.

Jurgarik Greycloak

whatever. The discussion was pointless to the issue of the topic in the first place. Just because I do not like Imperial armor, does not mean I do not like the Empire. You all argued over a pointless post, because pointless is nothing.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
whatever. The discussion was pointless to the issue of the topic in the first place. Just because I do not like Imperial armor, does not mean I do not like the Empire. You all argued over a pointless post, because pointless is nothing.

The differences in armor 'characterize' each faction.

Like the thing Galmar was saying about 'being dressed like a Stormcloak'.

While wearing Heavy / Light Armor doesn't auto make you part of either faction, the armor the factions use are part of their culture. That is not pointless. Rather, that is what the Civil War is all about. Minus that damned Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric and the fact the Emperor who signed away Talos worship wears a Talos amulet. But that is a different story.

General Charles Xander

Fair enough.

General Charles Xander

The differences in armor 'characterize' each faction.

Like the thing Galmar was saying about 'being dressed like a Stormcloak'.

While wearing Heavy / Light Armor doesn't auto make you part of either faction, the armor the factions use are part of their culture. That is not pointless. Rather, that is what the Civil War is all about. Minus that damned Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric and the fact the Emperor who signed away Talos worship wears a Talos amulet. But that is a different story.
THIS.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Fair enough.

In fact, Opinion is everything really. Lore/facts does not tell which faction is better. I prefer knightly armors. that does not mean it is not good, it just means that it is not as good as a knightly suits for the kinds of characters I play. Want to play an Imperial soldier? That is fine to use Imperial armor on.

Last edited:

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Fair enough.

In fact, Opinion is everything really. IF someone has an opinion, facts are used to back them up. The lore of the empire is not that important if I decided that Stormcloaks will win the Civil War. SO the fact that the Imperial armor is good is not important if my character is not designed after the Imperial soldiers.

If you have decided this, then yes this is your opinion however the Stormcloaks can have no Victory without defeating someone and vsv. As a Stormcloak, as a rebel, seeing how you do not have the resources of the Empire what you had BETTER HAVE is information.

Which is another reason I still proudly serve the Empire ;)

General Charles Xander

Fair enough.

In fact, Opinion is everything really. IF someone has an opinion, facts are used to back them up. The lore of the empire is not that important if I decided that Stormcloaks will win the Civil War. SO the fact that the Imperial armor is good is not important if my character is not designed after the Imperial soldiers.
The problem is that you are misinterpreting your own opinions WITH facts.

General Charles Xander

Jurgarik Greycloak

Fair enough.

Then here is the truth. Imperial armor is not for me, because I do not play legion characters. End of story and discussion.

General Charles Xander

Then here is the truth. Imperial armor is not for me, because I do not play legion characters. End of story and discussion.
Not to be rude, but this is literally exactly how all of your debates end. o_O

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
View attachment 37331 It would be cool if the legion used this instead..

I *believe* Talos did back in the day when Ebony was much more plentiful throughout Tamriel. Mage would know more about this.
Mage! I choose YOU!.......Did it work?

hah

Actually my top two are Dragon Knight and Templar. Though oddly enough prob the best all around magic wielding class in ESO is Templar.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

Well at least he's being honest ;)

A General question for the Stormcloaks here willing to step back in the ring...

Question: If Bruma was under some kind of siege, ah say from the Thalmor and you knew that Bruma was still an Imperial hold. Assuming the Stormcloaks won in Skyrim, would you be willing to save Bruma or to let her fall...?

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim
My point is that why would you need to change something that is easy to acquire and defensive?

If you go back a page or two. Past all the bs about it being unrealistic, unable to handle climate, unable to defend against attack and all that crap.

You will see the real reason he is against it is "Too girly"

Wait so everyone's arguing about the uniforms not because of, effectiveness or realism but aesthetics?

I'm a Stormcloak through and through but I love the look of the Legion armor. Can you imagine a Legion of the faceless, machine like legionaires like in General Xander's picture marching toward you? That's not including concept art and all that looks really epic as well.

The Stormcloak armor is kinda dull, the officer armor is also kinda over the top, I never wear the bear head, but I guess it represents the Stormcloaks well. I've seen some mods though that mix the regular and officer armor with steel, steel plate or banded iron which isn't out of the question and looks pretty nice.

General Charles Xander

My point is that why would you need to change something that is easy to acquire and defensive?

If you go back a page or two. Past all the bs about it being unrealistic, unable to handle climate, unable to defend against attack and all that crap.

You will see the real reason he is against it is "Too girly"

Wait so everyone's arguing about the uniforms not because of, effectiveness or realism but aesthetics?

I'm a Stormcloak through and through but I love the look of the Legion armor. Can you imagine a Legion of the faceless, machine like legionaires like in General Xander's picture marching toward you? That's not including concept art and all that looks really epic as well.

The Stormcloak armor is kinda dull, the officer armor is also kinda over the top, I never wear the bear head, but I guess it represents the Stormcloaks well. I've seen some mods though that mix the regular and officer armor with steel, steel plate or banded iron which isn't out of the question and looks pretty nice.
I like the Stormcloak officer armor, but it doesn't seem like something to wear into battle. :/

General Charles Xander

Well at least he's being honest ;)

A General question for the Stormcloaks here willing to step back in the ring...

Question: If Bruma was under some kind of siege, ah say from the Thalmor and you knew that Bruma was still an Imperial hold. Assuming the Stormcloaks won in Skyrim, would you be willing to save Bruma or to let her fall...?
To be honest, I don't believe the Stormcloaks would be capable of taking it back. They need to march pretty far and their numbers are slimmer than before. If they could barely hold a stalemate with an Auxiliary Legion, how would they assault the Thalmor head on? They have three outcomes.

1. Be killed by the Thalmor.
2. Be killed by the Empire.
3. Not even go because by the time they get there, it would be finished.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts