Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Than why didn't he just wait for the executioner to kill him?

That's the problem I have with that explanation. It makes Alduin look like a complete idiot. And there is nothing I hate more than a stupid villain.

Necromis

reality, he didn't know who was there, he just wanted dead bodies to feed on the souls of.

Docta Corvina

Re:the Alduin discussion

I always assumed that he sorta tumbled out of the time rift thing at or in proximity to Helgen. And consequently went on a rampage upon doing so. I agree with others who say that it was very much a chance occurrence overall.

Vinz

How is it that Falmer are such good shots if they can't see?

I have always wondered the same and the answer I get is they have other heightened senses, particularly better hearing. Honestly, I don't buy that they can shoot so well by normal hearing. Maybe they can echolocate like bats?

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Re:the Alduin discussion

I always assumed that he sorta tumbled out of the time rift thing at or in proximity to Helgen. And consequently went on a rampage upon doing so. I agree with others who say that it was very much a chance occurrence overall.

Yeah. All things considered, Helgen isn't that far away from the Throat of the World, and if the ancient Nord heroes happened to banish Alduin from time in Helgen's direction, it's entirely possible he tumbles out of the Time-Wound even closer to Helgen, and is all "WHERE ARE MY SLAVES?" and attacks, inadvertently saving the Dragonborn's life.

---

Why is the "Pale Pass" nowhere near the Pale?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member

bulbaquil

Why does Faendal look perpetually angry?

Because it's obvious she'd still rather have Sven... or you.

Why does accidentally picking something up in a store count as stealing even if you divest yourself of it before leaving the store?

Neriad13

Premium Member
Because it's obvious she'd still rather have Sven... or you.

Why does accidentally picking something up in a store count as stealing even if you divest yourself of it before leaving the store?

Aha, indeed neither Sven or Faendal handed her a shiny golden trinket.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member

Because you dared to lay your heathen hands upon their precious goods, which in the mind of a shopkeeper is an affront against all mankind...:p

angry_half-ling

Nerevar, God Killer
If Talos worship is illegal in Skyrim, why hasn't Heimskr gotten killed by Thalmor or taken prisoner?

bulbaquil

If Talos worship is illegal in Skyrim, why hasn't Heimskr gotten killed by Thalmor or taken prisoner?

He has been taken prisoner. He just bribed the right jailors. All indications are Balgruuf doesn't care at the present time, and the Thalmor probably don't want to infiltrate Whiterun for fear that doing so would push Balgruuf solidly into the Stormcloak camp which may be detrimental to their goals.

(i.e.: The Thalmor likely benefit short-term from Balgruuf's neutrality. Why Heimskr's still around if you defend Whiterun siding with the Empire, I don't know.)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
He has been taken prisoner. He just bribed the right jailors. All indications are Balgruuf doesn't care at the present time, and the Thalmor probably don't want to infiltrate Whiterun for fear that doing so would push Balgruuf solidly into the Stormcloak camp which may be detrimental to their goals.

(i.e.: The Thalmor likely benefit short-term from Balgruuf's neutrality. Why Heimskr's still around if you defend Whiterun siding with the Empire, I don't know.)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Thalmor are just bidding their time until Balgruuf chooses a side in the war. Once he waves his Empire flag, they'll sweep into Whiterun and nail Heimskr. Except in my Skyrim, 'cause he's already dead. I not-so-accidentally shot him... :p

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Since there is an option to destroy the Dark Brotherhood, why isn't there a corresponding storyline for the Thieves Guild? Not that I don't enjoy being the Guild Master, but it might be fun to create a crusader-type character that wants to rid the world of thieves and cutthroats.
Because the Guild is involved in several other questlines.