Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Why are is the Vigil of Stendarr so bad at what they do? No matter how many daedric quests I do, or how mush daedric armor I wear they never attack.

Lyt

Why can't I become a champion of Stendarr? I want to be a paladin, and I want to destroy all deadra, and thieves and assassins too.

Docta Corvina

Hmm, this may have been asked before but screw it...

Why does the guy who works for Belethor have such painfully limited dialogue? I mean, yeah, not every NPC gets a full-on dialogue window's worth of lines. But surely he has more rattling around in his mind than working for Belethor and telling you to come on down to Belethor's shop...especially when you're already there as he's telling you this. I also know that he's paid to say it. But really? I'd even appreciate him tossing me a question about how often I get to the Cloud District. Just, enough already with the 24/7 vocal advertisements, man!

My characters suspect - albeit anachronistically - that he is actually some sort of automaton. Then again, maybe not so anachronistically. His component parts could be Dwemer-built.

fry.png

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Heres some:

Why does Nezzem always ask "Do you get to the Cloud District very often?" every time I'm walking down the steps from Dragonreach?

How come so many guards have taken arrows to the knee? Why not to the elbow, or buttocks?

Farengar says "Come to Dragonsreach to discuss the hostilities, like the rest of the 'Great Warriors'?" when I'm rolling a Mage, quite clearly wearing mage robes, buying his plops off of him?

Why does Irileth always say "I'm watching you" at the end of every conversation? Does she have the hots for me?... Well, you know what they say about Dunmer women...;)

Why does Olfrid Battle-Born introduce himself like you give a damn? Oooooh the great clan Battle-Born, a name you're sure I know well... Err no, your clan is actually a bunch of Milk-suckers, sucking from the Imperial teat.

Why does Avenicci get away with saying 'Nord Nonsence'? Seriously if anyone would to dismiss Churchill's heroic speeches during WWII as 'English Nonsensce', I'd beat seven shades of plops out of them.

Why is Larrs Battle-Born such a wimp?... Oh yeah, just done that one :D

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Hmm, this may have been asked before but screw it...

Why does the guy who works for Belethor have such painfully limited dialogue? I mean, yeah, not every NPC gets a full-on dialogue window's worth of lines. But surely he has more rattling around in his mind than working for Belethor and telling you to come on down to Belethor's shop...especially when you're already there as he's telling you this. I also know that he's paid to say it. But really? I'd even appreciate him tossing me a question about how often I get to the Cloud District. Just, enough already with the 24/7 vocal advertisements, man!

My characters suspect - albeit anachronistically - that he is actually some sort of automaton. Then again, maybe not so anachronistically. His component parts could be Dwemer-built.

Yes. Sigurd is a robot, built by the Dwemer and reprogrammed by Belethor. It all makes sense.

Why does Olfrid Battle-Born introduce himself like you give a damn? Oooooh the great clan Battle-Born, a name you're sure I know well... Err no, your clan is actually a bunch of Milk-suckers, sucking from the Imperial teat.

Because he is a Battle-Born and, with the exception of Jon, they seem largely to have inflated egos of themselves and their importance. "And the braggart did swagger as he brandished his name and he told of bold Battle-Borns and the gold they had made..."

Why does Avenicci get away with saying 'Nord Nonsence'? Seriously if anyone would to dismiss Churchill's heroic speeches during WWII as 'English Nonsensce', I'd beat seven shades of pl*** out of them.

He probably doesn't - Hrongar in particular was like " 'Nord nonsense'?!", but it would be rather poor hospitality on Balgruuf's part to go disciplining his steward in front of guests.

Why is Larrs Battle-Born such a wimp?... Oh yeah, just done that one :D

Because the older Battle-Borns are too busy in self-aggrandizement (and, in Jon's case, poetry) to teach him to fight properly.

---

Why the heck has nobody had a long talk with Amren and Saffir about the behavior of their daughter Braith? I could see plenty of sellsword/mercenary types not putting up with that from a child. For that matter, how has Braith not drawn the guards' ire yet?

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
why do the companions throw those new to the circle out into whiterun when they first become a werewolf, do they not care if the new guy kills the whole city

Templar of Talos

Because he is a Battle-Born and, with the exception of Jon, they seem largely to have inflated egos of themselves and their importance. "And the braggart did swagger as he brandished his name and he told of bold Battle-Borns and the gold they had made..."

Oh yeah, Jon was alright, reminds me of me in relation to my family, whilst I love them dearly sometimes they drive me mad

He probably doesn't - Hrongar in particular was like " 'Nord nonsense'?!", but it would be rather poor hospitality on Balgruuf's part to go disciplining his steward in front of guests.

In a house full of Nords, Born warriors, who have just heard their traditions and customs dismissed as Nonsense by a quill pushing Imperial steward? If I were in Balgruf's position I'd have said "Hrongar, Take Mr Avenicci out the back and share some of our Nord Nonsense with him"

Because the older Battle-Borns are too busy in self-aggrandizement (and, in Jon's case, poetry) to teach him to fight properly."

Again in Jon's defence. He doesn't like Mikael because he a poncy Bard who sings for money and the attention of women. And I quote, "Bards were Warrior Poets". I'd have thought Jon at least would have taught him how to fight.

Why the heck has nobody had a long talk with Amren and Saffir about the behavior of their daughter Braith? I could see plenty of sellsword/mercenary types not putting up with that from a child. For that matter, how has Braith not drawn the guards' ire yet?

I'll have you right on this one, she needs a slap.... LYDIA!!!! Slap that Child, Bethesda won't let me :D

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
But Balgruuf isn't a tyrant so why would he have a poor imperial who knows nothing of nords ( or at least not much) beaten for 1 comment?

Templar of Talos

But Balgruuf isn't a tyrant so why would he have a poor imperial who knows nothing of nords ( or at least not much) beaten for 1 comment?

Okay, beaten is a little harsh. But maybe a stern talking to out of sight. Or punishment by having him work with Farengar for a day... I really hate that Mage

bulbaquil

Again in Jon's defence. He doesn't like Mikael because he a poncy Bard who sings for money and the attention of women. And I quote, "Bards were Warrior Poets". I'd have thought Jon at least would have taught him how to fight.

Right, which in turn raises the question - why doesn't he?

Templar of Talos

Right, which in turn raises the question - why doesn't he?

Good point, I guess you were right in your first answer. I'm guessing if he were Larrs Grey-Mane he'd have learned to stand up for himself. Still we all know why she (Braith) bullies him. Because she likes him.

bulbaquil

Braith a grey-mane? I always wondered

No, she's Amren and Saffir's daughter. (Yeah, I know she doesn't look like a Redguard, but...)

Why doesn't Braith look like a Redguard?