• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wildroses

In Riften over the weekend and every last guard (at least the ones that roam about and stand about in the public areas) is floating over the canals, a few feet from where they usually stand and making their usual snarky comments.

My favorites were "No lolligagging" from the chick floating 20 feet above the canal water across from Mara's temple and "Hands to yourself sneak thief" from the guy floating above the entrance to the Ratway. My thoughts were "Lolligagging? What do you think you're doing now? and "Dude, I'm not suicidal, and I can't fly so I don't think you've got a problem.

Those soldiers are a funny lot. I had one say to me something to the affect.. "Damn this peace treaty with the Stormcloaks. Give them two weeks and they will be killing us in our sleep". THAT came from a Stormcloak soldier..lol.

You've reminded me of a guard story I was once told. It didn't happen to me, someone else told me about it.

This guy hates the Markarth Guards and had just gotten 100 in Pickpocketing, so he was cheerfully going along pickpocketing everything the Markarth Guards had equipped. All those uniforms and weapons soon put him over his carry weight limit, so he was using Whirlwind Shout to get around. Eventually he ended up in the canal near the smelter and decided to drop everything. As soon as he did so a guard ran up to him... and asked him to stop shouting because it was making people nervous. He took the: "Won't happen again" dialogue option and the guard said: "Good. Glad we straightened that out." Then this guard walked away completely naked as every single thing he owned floated away down the canal.

It was a pretty WTF LOL moment for that guy.

Jake Johnson

When I first began playing Skyrim, I released the dragons almost immediately (mistake); I fought a Dragon at Shearpoint and got double-teamed by Krosis!

The first time I thought I was tougher than a giant and got One-Hit Killed (OHK'd.)

Also, getting ragdolled by the Gauldur Brothers the first time - I thought they OHK'd me!

My first encounter with the Falmer; I realized they must be blind before even reading it on the loading screens.

Finally, there is the first time I contracted Sanguinare Vampiris (I believe that is what it is called) - I noticed it improved my stealth skills, so I left it; I soon figured out that was why sunlight was killing me! However, I left it in place - later in Whiterun, I heard "Hey mister, what's wrong," right as stage 4 kicked in...

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
When I came out of the keep in Markarth,a guard randomly falls to his death from the ledge near the temple of Dibella.

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Himintelgja - Heaven Scraper
These two are probably known by a lot of people but anyways:

1. I went up to a target during an assassination quest after completing the DB and Nazir's contracts-it was in a Hall of the Dead, first of all, then the lady was like "I could just lay down right here and never get up again!" and so I took out my fire enchanted superior Ebony War Axes and obliged her!

2. Outside Markarth I was getting the dog, and I asked a dude something about the city. His reply: "don't fall."

Other than that:

3. Lydia was let out of the house, and while bandit hunting, got incapacitated by a Giant, so i continued firing and running, firing and running. The Giant has barely any health left, and I glance over and see Lydia winding up a shot: she hits the Giant right in the knee for the kill.

She got my praise for a little while, but then it was back in the kit...Breezehome for her.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Running along the road towards Sleeping Tree Camp I see a giant ahead of me. I take out my Dragonbone bow and fire off a shot. It lands sluggishly a couple of metres before me... WTH?
Fire off another shot and the same happens.. Why is my bow not working? GAH! What's happened to my precious bow?
Quickly look in my inventory and I have Reikling spears equipped.:rolleyes:
DOH!

xsneakyxsimx

Running along the road towards Sleeping Tree Camp I see a giant ahead of me. I take out my Dragonbone bow and fire off a shot. It lands sluggishly a couple of metres before me... WTH?
Fire off another shot and the same happens.. Why is my bow not working? GAH! What's happened to my precious bow?
DOH!

Hehehe... don't worry, I'm laughing with you. Actually, no, I'm laughing at you. :p

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
DOH!

Hehehe... don't worry, I'm laughing with you. Actually, no, I'm laughing at you. :p

Your good wishes paid off. Got a call today and we got the house we wanted! YAY!:)

Chadonraz

When I came out of the keep in Markarth,a guard randomly falls to his death from the ledge near the temple of Dibella.

I had the same thing happen when I exited the Silver-Blood Inn. The guard up at the guard tower decided to commit suicide. And again when I exited the Shrine of Talos. o_O

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
When I first began playing Skyrim, I released the dragons almost immediately (mistake); I fought a Dragon at Shearpoint and got double-teamed by Krosis!

I read through the skyrim guide on shearpoint before going there and when i went i actually turned the tables on krosis.
when i arrived the dragon began attacking as usual. my original plan was to get the shout and then high-tail it outta there.
That infernal guide didnt say krosis was right next to the wall!
with the two of them ready to kill me, i quickly ran through my inventory and found BEND WILL!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
To put things simple, krosis couldent get back in his coffin quick enough and got rag-dolled by the dragons claws. the poor guy lich disintigrated before he hit the ground...

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
[quote"Wildroses, post: 355289, member: 16125"]Even though everybody else has already experienced this, there is still something very special about your first screw gravity moment with a horse [quote/]

happened to me too but on solstheim. i believe the last thing i ever said on that horse was 'i can climb that mushroom!'
now what else was there...
  • having mammoth corpses following me into whiterun. one blast of the ritual stone and a few whacks to the leg led me to looking like this being charged through the plain district... (except with a mammoth) ^
homer rhino.png
  • getting chased by a sabercat into winterhold. hid in the inn and bought a room. sabercat comes into the inn and massacres people, and leaves me trapped in a room, shutting the door again and again so the wildcat couldent get in. this went on for almost half an hour until i remembered i had the kyne's peace shout.
  • traveling from sea of ghosts coast to solitude with obnoxious horkers in "hot pursuit".
  • glitching out at fort frostmouth so the half-a-dozen ash spawn patrols spawn after i get to the center of the fort. not to mention my rouge arrow that seemed to hit a netch in the behind.
  • fighting morag tong assasins when the game wont let me open a bar door, had to fire arrows into a room for over an hour. finally kill them all and i turn to see a lever.
  • killed a cow in iverstead and ran until i lost the guard's. later i was doing throat of the world quest and they followed me up the mountain. Killed that frost troll (i know, quite surprising) walked through high hrothgar without a 'how do you do?' and chased me right to the peak. to put it simply, paathurnax had his biggest meal in centuries.

BoundBowMan

WTF: When my game randomly changed the difficulty down to novice just before I fought alduin. Most disappointing boss battle ever.

LOL: When tolfdir threw himself off the college of winterhold bridge fighting magical anomalies :D

-Gabe

Wildroses

So, I decided that I really ought to get around to doing Dragonborn as it has been nearly seven months since it came out. I have a special character I made for Dawnguard I decided to use for Dragonborn as well. She hadn't done the main quest yet, so I went off to visit the Greybeards, Serana following.

It was a disaster.

Serana, please do not kneel and meditate there, I'm trying to learn 'balance' in that exact spot.

Seranabalance_zpsdda8a59f.png

She actually did get up and walk away to sit on a bench while I was being gifted knowledge of Ro and demonstrating the shout. But then she decided it would be a good idea to come back and meditate right where I was demonstrating Fus Ro.

Seranademonstrate_zpsf1e2aba4.png

I don't think she realised Arngeir was talking to me, not her. So then we all went outside, where I learnt Whirlwind sprint. Unfortunately, Arngeir wasn't impressed with my first effort to get through the gate...

Seranaintheway_zps1993adab.png

...which was completely unfair as the only reason I failed to get through that gate was Serana decided to meditate in an inconvenient spot for the third time in a row!

Eventually Arngeir sent me off to fetch the Horn of Jurien Windcaller, so naturally I straight to Windhelm so I could be attacked by the cultists and get to Solstheim efficiently. I decided to take Serana with me to give her a chance to redeem herself, which thus far she has failed to do. I thought nothing would ever top the occasion she resurrected a chicken to help us fight some Forsworn and a dragon, but no. Look at what she did in the Temple of Miraak!

Seranaashpile_zps7cc9fa4a.png

See that ash pile? She resurrected a skeleton in a hanging cage with no door. Sheesh, Serana, I begin to understand why your mother locked you in a coffin underground for hundreds of years!

Chadonraz

I was doing Bleak Falls Barrow yet again, and this time Arvel the Swift surprised me. He somehow got himself out of the cobwebs, and helped me kill the spider. It may have had something to do with the Fury spell I aimed at the spider when it first descended from its hideyhole; maybe I hit Arvel instead.

Anyway, after the spider was taken care of, the stupid thief acted is if he was still tangled in the webs, demanding I help him. o_O
I let the Draugr ahead kill him, and then raised him to fight the first Restless Draugr. :D

---

When I got to the first swinging blades of doom, I decided to level my Restoration. I died once (lol), but eventually got to the point I wanted to reach. By then I had contracted Ataxia, Bone Break Fever, Brain Rot and Witbane. :D

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I was doing Bleak Falls Barrow yet again, and this time Arvel the Swift surprised me. He somehow got himself out of the cobwebs, and helped me kill the spider. It may have had something to do with the Fury spell I aimed at the spider when it first descended from its hideyhole; maybe I hit Arvel instead.

Anyway, after the spider was taken care of, the stupid thief acted is if he was still tangled in the webs, demanding I help him. o_O
I let the Draugr ahead kill him, and then raised him to fight the first Restless Draugr. :D

---

When I got to the first swinging blades of doom, I decided to level my Restoration. I died once (lol), but eventually got to the point I wanted to reach. By then I had contracted Ataxia, Bone Break Fever, Brain Rot and Witbane. :D

That's a plopsload of diseases!

Chadonraz

Okay, this character's main quest dungeons just love acting weird. You know the final room in Ustengrav, with Windcaller's tomb... and those eagle head shaped stone pillar things that rise from the water. This time they were already up, and when I opened the gate, they started sliding towards me while the water bubbled like it always does.
The pillars had also become incorporeal and simply continued sliding literally through the stairs and the previous room. o_O
I didn't care to see how far they ended up getting, but probably quite a long distance away from their initial location. The water never stopped bubbling.

I wonder what Alftand will be like, when I go there in the distant future... :D

Annageckos

I just had a WTF moment. I just started The Dragonborn (DLC) quest line and I am in Solstheim for the first time. I just came across those cool mushroom houses. I entered the house with the blue light lift that floats you up to the top, so I get up to the top and Kharjo pushes me off the ledge and I fall and die... Really Kharjo? Thanks a lot pal...

Annageckos

I'm doing the quest, 'The Temple Of Miraak' and walking though this barrow/crypt. Pretty typical with draugr popping out of sarcophagus. But a few of them pop out and then immediately die, just fall over dead... or deader. The first one that it happened to I just stared at thinking, 'WTF just happened??? Did it have a heart attack?'

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts