• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Yea but a greatsword ain't to GREAT when your laying on the ground crawling lmao:rolleyes:

{)xxxxc(]):::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

That's his problem. I have no idea how the game handles NPC movement when I'm not in the same cell. He'll probably be fine as long as I'm not nearby and enemies don't seem to attack when they're on their knees anyway.

600th post!

EDIT: 600th reply to this thread with my 600th post!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
TESV2014-02-1121-39-47-40.png

Weird, wouda thought that would have been larger.

Chadonraz

No WTF element in this one, but I simply can't stop laughing at my "strategy":

I decided to give Requiem (an overhaul mod) a try, and on my way to warn the Jarl of Whiterun I of course ran into Companions vs. Giant. However, the Giant was the only one standing - so I decided to be suicidal and attack it.

I knew I had to get out of its reach, so I ran and jumped in the cow pen. Stupid Giant couldn't get there (gate was closed), so I could slooooooowly draw my bow to shoot arrow after arrow. The poor cow was running back and forth, terrified.
That was one unforgettable fight. :D

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
No WTF element in this one, but I simply can't stop laughing at my "strategy":

I decided to give Requiem (an overhaul mod) a try, and on my way to warn the Jarl of Whiterun I of course ran into Companions vs. Giant. However, the Giant was the only one standing - so I decided to be suicidal and attack it.

I knew I had to get out of its reach, so I ran and jumped in the cow pen. Stupid Giant couldn't get there (gate was closed), so I could slooooooowly draw my bow to shoot arrow after arrow. The poor cow was running back and forth, terrified.
That was one unforgettable fight. :D
Especially for the cow. Poor thing will be giving sour milk for life.

chizzbot

Here's a little WTF... Only my 2nd char build, (since the day it came out) first time went imperial, this time picked the cloaks. Did Whiterun, got both quests after (lib Falkreath, free prisoners Ft Neugard). I went home to check up on the Wife at Lakeview, and since it was so close, I decided to go to Falkreath. (not realizing you had to do them in the other order) so I walked around, talked to the snotty Jarl...etc whatever, F/T to Neugard. Freed the prisoners, and Galmar said "we have to take Falkreath". Then it said "completed: Liberate Falkreath...Completed: Help the people of Falkreath 3/3" 'speak to the Jarl of Falkreath"

I had been working on becoming a thane there, and had done 2/3. The Last one was The Bloodlet Throne (?) and I attempted it earlier, and had contracted Vampirism, so I quit and loaded an earlier save.

So now it seems I miss the chance of slaying Imperial dogs in Falkreath...maybe just because I visited it out of order. Oh well. Plenty more where they came from.;)

Torok

Telrav, the bandit who tricks you into an ambush in the Rift, has a different hair style. I installed no mod for that. I don't know how his hair went from short and black to long and blonde.
I actually looked up a pic of him to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Wildroses

Recently some mods I adore called Realistic Needs and Diseases and Realistic Room Rental abruptly stopped working, I suspect because they were taken off Steam. As usual, that crappy piece of software misery called the Nexus Mod Manager was no help, refusing to let me log on insisting it couldn't connect to the server.

Played with some different disease and needs mods on Steam for three weeks, but didn't like them much and became determined to get the old ones back. So I googled my problem and suspected I may not have the latest version of the NMM. Couldn't find an update button, so I just reloaded the whole thing, which seemed to work at first.

I then found the mods, got the NMM to download them and unsubscribed from the Steam ones to avoid clashes. But when I tried playing, things were not well and there were plenty of CTDs. Eventually I realised that all attempts to open containers I'd stored food inside, buy food or cook were the trigger. After some experiments and unsuccessful fixes, I decided I'd better confirm that the beloved realistic needs mod was causing them, so I went into NMM and deactivated it, then fired up Skyrim again.

When I started playing, I could still press N to check basic needs, eat, drink, the storekeepers had all the food and ingredients this mod adds and the mod configuration still had a section for it. The mod was still there. But I wasn't crashing to desktop every time I tried to interact with something involving food.

I've still got no fluffing idea what is going on, which is pretty typical whenever that lousy software is involved. Fingers crossed the mod doesn't abruptly realise it is deactivated overnight.

heatherelectra

Premium Member
I had an interesting one last night... I fast travel to Whiterun, and as soon as the loading screen clears, I see Belethor falling from the sky, dying as he hit the ground. I looted his body, then went down the street, thinking I could stock up at his shop. Sigurd still says he works for Belethor, but when I get in the shop, Ysolda is running the place!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Recently some mods I adore called Realistic Needs and Diseases and Realistic Room Rental abruptly stopped working, I suspect because they were taken off Steam. As usual, that crappy piece of software misery called the Nexus Mod Manager was no help, refusing to let me log on insisting it couldn't connect to the server.

Played with some different disease and needs mods on Steam for three weeks, but didn't like them much and became determined to get the old ones back. So I googled my problem and suspected I may not have the latest version of the NMM. Couldn't find an update button, so I just reloaded the whole thing, which seemed to work at first.

I then found the mods, got the NMM to download them and unsubscribed from the Steam ones to avoid clashes. But when I tried playing, things were not well and there were plenty of CTDs. Eventually I realised that all attempts to open containers I'd stored food inside, buy food or cook were the trigger. After some experiments and unsuccessful fixes, I decided I'd better confirm that the beloved realistic needs mod was causing them, so I went into NMM and deactivated it, then fired up Skyrim again.

When I started playing, I could still press N to check basic needs, eat, drink, the storekeepers had all the food and ingredients this mod adds and the mod configuration still had a section for it. The mod was still there. But I wasn't crashing to desktop every time I tried to interact with something involving food.

I've still got no fluffing idea what is going on, which is pretty typical whenever that lousy software is involved. Fingers crossed the mod doesn't abruptly realise it is deactivated overnight.
As much stuff as that mod changes and adds your issue is likely load order related. It also seems to have a somewhat involved uninstall process.

Wildroses

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'somewhat involved uninstall process' had something to do with it seeing as I never asked it to uninstall, it just abruptly stopped working and I couldn't find it anywhere on Steam when I looked. But as it happens, my modded Skyrim is still working fine several days later, so I'm not going to touch anything in case it all comes falling apart.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
So I went to Morthal and into the Jarl's house, and some hired thugs teleported in after me. Once they were dead, I checked the contract and found they were sent by Lucia... so I guess she used the coins I gave to her to send magic teleporting thugs after me, what a brat :mad:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I've had some really weird world encounters lately. For the first time ever I was attacked by Werewolf Vargrs. They came out of no-where and scared the crap out of me. But that wasn't the crazy part, they themselves were being attacked by a Revered Dragon, who then turned to me, and of course it was a fire breathing SOAB. But it doesn't end there. A Elder dragon decided to get in on the action as well, and yep, it was a fire breather as well.. my poor flammable nord didn't stand a chance on Master level.

Undeterred I made my way back to the word wall I wanted to get to, cue the dragons again, and my nord dying. At least this time, not two Weres', only one that said "Farmer" when my crosshairs went on it.

So I set out to the word wall for the third time and I summon Ol' Durny to help me out. He is flying around looking for something to fight, I get to the wall, and the Elder Dragon is there, taking a dirt nap. It's whole head is stuck in the ground. I loose arrows at it and it just growls at me, doesn't take off, or blast me with fire. I put my bow away and calmly walk past it to the word wall.

But dammit, I can't just let it glitched out like that, because now I can't fast travel, or wait, no matter how far away I run from it. So I have to re-load.

For the forth time (You'd think I would have given up by now but I am stubborn) I run to the wall, and there are still the two dragons. The Elder is a fire dragon but the other is now just a plain old frosty. I can deal with him later, so I slay the Elder and then the frosty, they both die within meters of each other. (I didn't have my camera on me to take a pic). So after all that, I finally get to the word wall!

On another unrelated quest I was walking through a narrow ravine and I could hear a dragon somewhere, suddenly something falls down right in front of me and my heart just about gave out it scared me so much. I look down and it's a bloody dead horse! WTH?

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
On another unrelated quest I was walking through a narrow ravine and I could hear a dragon somewhere, suddenly something falls down right in front of me and my heart just about gave out it scared me so much. I look down and it's a bloody dead horse! WTH?

Can you remember where you were when that happened? I usually get the dead horse on the path by Fort Kastav. One time I was running a touring carriage mod and the horse landed in the carriage with me. :p

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Can you remember where you were when that happened? I usually get the dead horse on the path by Fort Kastav. One time I was running a touring carriage mod and the horse landed in the carriage with me. :p

YES! I was on my way to the Dragon site Mount Anthor, so I probably was around Fort Karstav. I was coming from the direction of the Shrine of Azura though. That's funny :D

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
TESV 2014-02-23 01-01-09-91.png
TESV 2014-02-23 00-58-26-93.pngTESV 2014-02-23 00-58-34-67.png

Torok

I have never had the bullseye perk on archery before, but man is it fun! I will never shun 15 or 30% again! I shot this spriggen and she glitched all over the place as she was paralyzed, she was getting knocked around until she finally spun out of control and flew away. Bears sometimes do cartwheels whenever the bullseye perk gets them. It is so satisfying to watch. Bethesda made animals the most annoying thing on the planet, will not attack unless provoked.....

Chadonraz

I have never had the bullseye perk on archery before, but man is it fun! I will never shun 15 or 30% again! I shot this spriggen and she glitched all over the place as she was paralyzed, she was getting knocked around until she finally spun out of control and flew away. Bears sometimes do cartwheels whenever the bullseye perk gets them. It is so satisfying to watch. Bethesda made animals the most annoying thing on the planet, will not attack unless provoked.....

I once had the utter misfortune to run into a high-level bandit who had that perk. Paralyzed me with his bow (a crappy one, too)! :eek:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I don't know, really... I just don't know

TESV 2014-02-23 00-03-40-11.png