• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Just playing the default (normal?) tho I'll have to check now that you mentioned it!

I also have a funny glitch that happened... I came home to lakeview manor to discover that bandits had kidnapped my wife (Jordis the swordmaiden). So I went to rescue her. As soon as I killed the last bandit, it said "mission completed: rescue Jordis", but I hadn't let her out of the cage yet. So I opened the door, which swung inwards, and she kind of got stuck behind it, but was trying to walk through it. So I left the cave and fast-travelled home. Jordis was there, but now she constantly shuffles in place, like she was in the cage! It never stops, and I occasionally see her walking backwards around the house. If I take her as a follower, she doesn't follow me. If I go through a door that requires a load screen, she will be there, but again, just shuffles in place! So now I can't use her as a follower anymore. It is funny to watch, though...
Apparently she's suffering more trauma from the kidnapping than she initially let on! Get thee to a Psychiatrist! STAT! (that's the one that prescribes drugs, right?) :)

Zanaif

I was doing the Main Quest where you go into the Thalmor invested ratway to find Esbern and came upon two of the snobby bastards and promptly used some good old fashioned illusion to make them fight to the death. As the two former compatriates were fighting I heard one of them shout "Now you will learn why elves are superior!!!!" at the other. Apparently frenzy spells do more to their victim's minds than previously thought. hehehehe

Daelon DuLac

I was doing the Main Quest where you go into the Thalmor invested ratway to find Esbern and came upon two of the snobby bastards and promptly used some good old fashioned illusion to make them fight to the death. As the two former compatriates were fighting I heard one of them shout "Now you will learn why elves are superior!!!!" at the other. Apparently frenzy spells do more to their victim's minds than previously thought. hehehehe
My I ask how y'all get your illusion spells to work so well? No one seem suceptible to mine. I suppose I should probably invest in some perks, eh?

Tryn

Premium Member
Gotta love the occasional dragon, cow, corpse falling out of the sky.

Serena loves to revive things to fight. I got a good laugh when a chicken went racing past me on the attack!

Zanaif

My I ask how y'all get your illusion spells to work so well? No one seem suceptible to mine. I suppose I should probably invest in some perks, eh?

Yes, investing heavily into the illusion tree along with being a vampire makes dual casted illusion spells usable on pretty much anything short of dragons and bosses.

Daelon DuLac

Yes, investing heavily into the illusion tree along with being a vampire makes dual casted illusion spells usable on pretty much anything short of dragons and bosses.
Do you invest in anything else? Magicka perk investments are intensive so I'd have to skip enchanting or smithing to get there if I still want to be able to melee. I'm about to max out Dragonscale armor and weapons and then take both enchanting and smithing to legendary giving me 15-16 perk points. I need a couple on melee and on Destruction so would it be wise to invest in Illusion as well? New to being a vamp and have been doing both TG & DB without illusion but willing to give it a shot. Been spamming muffle mostly to raise illusion.

Zanaif

Do you invest in anything else? Magicka perk investments are intensive so I'd have to skip enchanting or smithing to get there if I still want to be able to melee. I'm about to max out Dragonscale armor and weapons and then take both enchanting and smithing to legendary giving me 15-16 perk points. I need a couple on melee and on Destruction so would it be wise to invest in Illusion as well? New to being a vamp and have been doing both TG & DB without illusion but willing to give it a shot. Been spamming muffle mostly to raise illusion.

its really up to you, Illusion + sneak by itself is powerful enough that you don't even need any smithing, the only real challenge is actually building up illusion, because untill you have pretty much every single perk in the tree its nearly useless, but if you raised your illusion to 100 first and then legendaried smithing and enchanting you would probably have enough perk points to fully invest in it. My only warning is that it is extremely overpowered if you have patience and enjoy that sort of playstyle.

Daelon DuLac

its really up to you, Illusion + sneak by itself is powerful enough that you don't even need any smithing, the only real challenge is actually building up illusion, because untill you have pretty much every single perk in the tree its nearly useless, but if you raised your illusion to 100 first and then legendaried smithing and enchanting you would probably have enough perk points to fully invest in it. My only warning is that it is extremely overpowered if you have patience and enjoy that sort of playstyle.
Interesting. I don't care about the OP thing, I can always bump up the difficulty, but I don't have the patience to keep spamming Muffle long enough to get Illusion to 100 (it's the only one that's any good in my opinion - Fear, Frenzy, Fury, etc... just don't work on 90% of the population (and that includes animals)). Thanks for the info though.

Wildroses

If I want illusion to work reliably, I've found need to invest in perks. Lots of them. I just successfully put an illusion mage through the Embassy without killing anyone except those in the torture chamber (partly because I judged the character would be pissed at the torture and partly because frigging Malborn wouldn't stop running past me to re-aggro my newly pacified Thalmor guards with his fists).

I found calming all the Thalmor to be much more satisfying than killing them because once they have been successfully calmed every single one of them put away their weapon and sneered: "Well that was pathetic. It didn't even do anything!" and just wandered off, benignly watching me searching all the containers for the torture chamber key because I forgot to get Malborn to smuggle in lockpicks.

I just love imagining them being mortified a few hours later when I'm gone and they realise what I did to them, and also them trying to explain to Elenwen why they let me stroll around the embassy stealing all their books and food before embarking on a bloody jailbreak mission. "Well ma'am, it seemed like a really good idea at the time..."

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
So Im doing the Dawnguard questline again. Nice and slowly this time. Anyways I just got the Moth Priest back to Fort Dawnguard and we all had a chat about prophecies and bows.

I decided to do a bit of smithing and I also talked to Sorine who told me about recruting another member (the Arkay priest). She said to talk to Isran about it. It was late at night and so I wasnt surprised to see Isran in bed. I let him sleep and I went back downstairs to sleep in front of the fire. Next morning I wake up, walk upstairs to find Isran just getting out of his double bed... next to him, fast asleep.... the Moth Priest :eek::eek::eek:

We decided not to even discuss that he was just in bed with another man... who he just met.... and who happens to be a katana wielding priest...

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I ran into a group of revelers out "enjoying this fine day." It was dark and overcast while rain poured down and thunder boomed. o_O

chizzbot

Last night, before I fixed the "moonwalking spouse" bug, I went upstairs to find my wife (Jordis) and Lydia drinking and carrying on in my bedroom. (my bard was playing "Ragnar the Red") Jordis was standing on the bed. When the song was done, Jordis looked at me, and moonwalked backwards off the bed & through the wall, and Lydia just walked the other way.

So I took Jordis to a nice picnic on the island that the Lover stone is on, and kicked the crap out of her. She's fixed now. I fast travelled to Winterhold, fast travelled back home, and she was pleased as punch to see me. "Hello, my love. Back from some adventure, I assume..."

yep. I just went to the Isle of Smackawench.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Last night, before I fixed the "moonwalking spouse" bug, I went upstairs to find my wife (Jordis) and Lydia drinking and carrying on in my bedroom. (my bard was playing "Ragnar the Red") Jordis was standing on the bed. When the song was done, Jordis looked at me, and moonwalked backwards off the bed & through the wall, and Lydia just walked the other way.

So I took Jordis to a nice picnic on the island that the Lover stone is on, and kicked the crap out of her. She's fixed now. I fast travelled to Winterhold, fast travelled back home, and she was pleased as punch to see me. "Hello, my love. Back from some adventure, I assume..."

:eek:

You smacked her around for dancing... drunk... on your bed... with another drunk, attractive woman that was dancing with her...

You do know that moonwalking is a real dance move right o_O

Lucid

:eek:

You smacked her around for dancing... drunk... on your bed... with another drunk, attractive woman that was dancing with her...

You do know that moonwalking is a real dance move right o_O

You forgot to mention that he took her to the Lovers Stone to mete out the smackin'. For shame.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
The other day, I was coming out of a cave, (the one with Clavicus Vile's axe...forgot the name) and I saw a wolf. I snuck up to it to stab it, and did. Then I saw 3 Imperial guards running up the road towards me, and they ran right past. (I wasn't sneaking any more) 2 seconds later, I see sparks in the distance, so I fired an arrow at the source. (it was dark) An enemy life bar shows up and it's a master lightning mage. I thought, '"cool, I'll go take him on!" Next thing I know, he one-shots me from about 20 meters away, and I'm dead. Level 49, all legendary elven armor with +59 health enchantment, and wearing The Gauldur amulet for another +30 health, stamina & magicka. If I hadn't had my bow equipped, I would have had the shield "Spellbreaker", but I don't think I would have even had time to raise it.

I let dragons beat on me a bit, to raise my light armor skill! Crazy to get killed like that.
Uhm... what difficulty are you playing on? Insane Level! Good gravy. One shotted by a Storm Mage? Now that's amazing!
It would have ignored his armour rating. Happens to me all the time...

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Next morning I wake up, walk upstairs to find Isran just getting out of his double bed... next to him, fast asleep.... the Moth Priest :eek::eek::eek:
If I had a dime for every time I got really really drunk and woke up the next morning next to a moth priest.

Now to get that out of my mind, here's an idiot dancing on a table.

Tabledance_fall.gif

Chadonraz

I lured a dragon to Markarth stables (because I had no fire resistance and would've stood no chance), and all throughout the battle there was this random horse flying around in the background.

It was the "noble glitch", as I've dubbed it; horse and rider inexplicably take off into the air and speed around for a random amount of time.

I thought it was hilarious seeing that going on in the distance while the guards and I fought the dragon. :D

Zanaif

The other day, I was coming out of a cave, (the one with Clavicus Vile's axe...forgot the name) and I saw a wolf. I snuck up to it to stab it, and did. Then I saw 3 Imperial guards running up the road towards me, and they ran right past. (I wasn't sneaking any more) 2 seconds later, I see sparks in the distance, so I fired an arrow at the source. (it was dark) An enemy life bar shows up and it's a master lightning mage. I thought, '"cool, I'll go take him on!" Next thing I know, he one-shots me from about 20 meters away, and I'm dead. Level 49, all legendary elven armor with +59 health enchantment, and wearing The Gauldur amulet for another +30 health, stamina & magicka. If I hadn't had my bow equipped, I would have had the shield "Spellbreaker", but I don't think I would have even had time to raise it.

I let dragons beat on me a bit, to raise my light armor skill! Crazy to get killed like that.

and that's why I hate mages.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts