• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

justinhj

I spent pretty much all evening beating Valthume. It ended with an epic battle that took about 30 minutes. When I emerged from there victorious I was confronted with a dark sky and purple aurora borealis. I mounted my horse and rode off into the night. It was quite awesome.

Ruissu

To me was when I finished the quest where you have to hunt this guy who is a werewolf, so when i'm outside I hear a dragon. At first I couldn't see it cause there was a big rock in the way. So after moving to the side to see if I could spot the dragon and to my surprise I spot Alduin right there in front of me hovering reviving a dragon. I was shocked to find out that was something that could happen randomly.

Vanheille

Reading this thread brings to my attention some awesome things I have to look forward to. I totally thought the level cap was 50, glad to hear you can max all the skills.

For me a fun experience was running into my first dragon priest (Krosis) who absolutely pwned me with fireballs, which I didn't even know the spell existed at the time and was like WTF how is his fire doing AoE damage?

I head to town to try and enchant some fire resist gear, at this point I clue in (duh) that I was a vampire (-75 fire resist) as townfolk attacked on sight. I then had to feed for the first time which was cool and frustrating to actually find an accessible sleeping npc. Went back and cleansed Krosis and quite glad to have his loot.

Pushback from killing with spells is fun to see baddies go flying from chain lightning.

Unlocking the +100 lb carry pickpocket talent was sweet. Speaking of which, I never get sick of getting caught for pickpocketing...bribing guard.....pickpocket guard and get gold back :)

Kinochu

My first "wow" moment would have to be this one time I was climbing a mountain. Mind you, I have already killed the first dragon to trigger random dragons to appear. Anyway. I was going up a mountain side all willy-nilly at about lvl five. It was a very small path so I had trouble keeping on it. Well dispite my luck I heard a terrible screech and took a look back and out of nowhere a dragon breaths fire into my face. I naturally panic and ran the opposite direction. My wow moment was when I turned a corner and there was a ice troll sitting right in front of me. So I got bang raped by an ice troll and a dragon. The moral of this story is that ice trolls and dragons are a bad mix up.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
When I first played Skyrim, 10 minutes after getting it.

I_I_Z_I_I

I had decided not to be a weakling in the story quest so I set off in a crusade for power, I went to the Winterhold college and decided to do Conjuration, I had an awesome time getting it to hundred and getting the dremora lords and plops. I hadn't done any main-story quest's beside Bleak falls barrow and hadn't meet any trolls, I had read online that they should be awfully hard to deal with so I had saved my dremora lords for him (stupid I know). and as soon as I saw the frost troll I spat out two dremora lords (The perk twin souls allows you to summon two) that swung their swords and nearly one-hitted them. I felt a sense of accomplishment that the hours of conjuration training I had done paid off.

Also the time I took down 2 giants and then hunted down their mammoths.

( I'm a level 32 Altmer mage - 100 conjuration - close to 100 illusion and 100 speech. )

Luis

My wow moment starts at the end of a quest in which I had to clear a ruin. I am running extremely heavy, out of all potions and mentally worn out from all the twist and turns in the maze which made up the ruin in which I was in. The night was clear and the stars were spectacular, so I decided not to fast travel to a safe destination. I see a "dragon head" on my compass and decide to rock climb the mountain in front of me. After a painful long time I make it to the top and start sneaking towards a wall. I realized that it was one of them "words" I need. Just then a dragon shows up. So I make a break for the wall. Halfway to obtaining the word power the dragon has landed behind me and it's scorching me with fire. I manage to get the word and I can hear my heartbeat through the surround sound. Luckily the dragon ran out of breath just long enough to allow me to sprint by it. Now I have a pissed off dragon chasing me. I have no life to spare, no potions and a low level of restoration. I am healing with both hands and trying to manage my stamina so as not to run out too quickly.

I did a control fall down the side of the mountain and headed for the open country. I sprinted passed a few bandits along the way and from my couch I yelled "the dragon is coming". I sprinted passed a big cat who decided to join in the chase. I was looking for anyway I could to survive. I had the word of power and was not going to give it up without a fight. By now my health is back to full. In the distance I see some mammoth which means giants, so I ran towards them and decided to make my stand there. Between the mammoth, the giants and myself attacking the dragon at once he lasted less then 2 minutes. It took my heart rate 10 times that long to get back to normal. Got the soul, unlocked the word power and fast traveled to a safe location. Damn I need a beer! ;)

Uday Kanth

My first WOW moment was the Aurora in the sky! I just couldn't leave without taking a screenshot. And then, I was passing a guard when he said something me being smart for choosing light armor!! And then, just yesterday, I sat down in the Bannered Mare at Whiterun and decided to start a chat with the person next me. He challenged me for a drinking contest, which I accepted and which led to a very interesting quest!! It's just things like these which make Skyrim feel like a real place.

Jamie

(possible spoilers!)

I was riding Shadowmere, teleported, then when the game placed my Shadowmere was gone and I was riding an invisible horse with my body 25% under ground. I had infinite gallop, so I looked hilarious, but shoot, got to places fast!

Another thing is for some reason I turned into a werewolf and the game stopped me mid-way, so I was this lopsided hairy, dwarfen... creature that could do the werewolf sprint, LOL. It was awesome. Didn't run out, had to reload.

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
i fought my first frost dragon and upon getting its hp low enough to force it to land(mind you the dragon was atop a mountain) and its crash landed onto the platue from the shear cliff side, and it left a freaking TRENCH!!!!

Stephanie

I've played Oblivion like a mad woman for years, and then put it down when I started getting more and more back into cosplay. When I finally bought Skyrim, it was like picking up an old friend. All of the things I loved from Morrowind and Oblivion were still there, and there was a whole new place for me to spend endless hours playing in the dirt. I absolutely love the series for it's visual elements alone, and picking this one up was a real treat, indeed. I've been known to spend hours wandering around and accomplishing nothing.

I'm only about 10 hours in, but my "wow" moment was climbing the mountain to the Greybeards. I spent more time stopping to look out over the incredible vistas than I did actually walking up the path. :)

Umbranar

Off Topic: Mortsith outfit! (or however it is spelled i had the audio version of the books)

On topic: Playing my new Khajiit Monk and seeing the 'killing blow' animations smashin my armored fist into some bandits face.

brandon

The physics of a flowing river in this game are great. When I seen my first river I felt like it would just push me across the map but just thought it was all for looks, but then I jumped in and loved how i had to fight to go up stream.
ha ha i loved it too but i went white water swimming instead took me all the way to whiterun. even felt like it was gonna take my feet out from under me. i love it. but you have to be carefull. one spot has two waterfalls side by side. you die on one side cause of jagged rocks. even at lvl 40. i keep trying to see how badass i get. but i always die.

mika

One very subtle but huge wow moment for me was when I noticed I was being followed in a city. I tried different maneuvers and zig zagging through alleys to confirm the suspicious activity, and she kept trailing on my tail at a distant. I then decided (having never killed a citizen before yet), to kill this person. I turned a corner, drew my huge axe, and waited for her to turn and *HACK* landed my axe right in her skull.

Searching her body and finding an assassination order made me WOW.

brandon

another thing that i always find awe inspiring is when im walking in the wild i always sneek. but just watching how animals interact with each other is amazing. like if you spook a deer they raise thier heads and when they run they always lift theyre tails if threatend to alert any nearby deer. and i was on the side of a mountain and watched 5 wolves try to take on a bear. three wolves were destroyed. the other two turned tail and ran. but the way they attacked it was awesome. one would distract the bear while two would try to flank it and get behind the bear. it was almost like watching the discovery channel.

P_SparQs

311026_10150488768434305_521754304_10556419_495641294_n.jpg

They are beautiful!

You captured the Aurora very well Kasha. Great job.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts