• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
My funniest moment was probably was when I went dungeon delving (forgot where, it had some pretty good items laying around), and I had to lighten my carry weight. I dropped a couple things, and started to keep going, when I see a guy, in underwear, walking around. When he comes closer, he talks to me, and his name is "Bandit Outlaw". (By this time, I was completely in shock.) He told me to not leave things laying around, and gave me back one of the items I dropped before. Then we commenced into epic battle (started by me.)...
And that was a HUGE "wow" moment for me...

Luthiel

Harbinger
I've had a quite few "Wow!" moments all throughout the game but the one that stood out most was when I did the A Night to Remember quest. Seriously I was totally not expecting something that was like a medieval version of the "Hangover". Quests like that remind me why I love playing Skyrim so much.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Not strictly a Skyrim wow moment, but I was playing Oblivion and heard some people talk about "a syndicate of wizards in Summerset Isle boycotting Imperial goods" and suddenly realized "They're the precursors to the resurrected Aldmeri Dominion, which starts back up only a few decades after this game."

And now I'm wondering if there are little snippets like that in Skyrim that may hint at TES VI.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
I once killed a dragon on top of a mountain and it's body slipped off the side and fell all the way down.

And all I could think about then was when Gandalf said "Until at last I threw down my enemy and smout his ruin upon the mountain side."

Purely an epic dragon kill.

Linamina

I played my assassin whom I had just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline on and decided to get started on the main questline. Was on the quest where you first get to actually fight a dragon. (I forget it's name...Muliminir?) and i was mostly shooting him with arrows.

About halfway through the fight I had lost sight of him for a moment until he suddenly flew through some columns of smoke from the tower's debris and landed right in front of my face. I drew my daggers and it was -ON-.

xGamerGirlx

My wow moments where when i was riding throuh the riften woods while the sun setted over the lake. another time when i was in a cliff watching the lights in the sky during the knight. ( forgot the name) .

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 17
  • images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 19

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Got Skyrim for PC and a new laptop and installed some mods. After the first dragon fight, I started making my way up to High Hrothgar, and my first unscripted dragon battle ends up being against three dragon-things from one of the mods. Fuuu.

At least I got some good screenshots out of it like this one.

Attachments

• ScreenShot84.png
    ScreenShot84.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 18

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I was walking to Riverwood at night, and everything was really relaxed and peaceful, and the sky was black with yellow-orange auroras, and it was so beautiful :') ... first time I've been really immersed in a while. I know that because I physically jerked when two wolves jumped me!

And A Night To Remember. The first time I ever played that quest I think the game glitched and actually put half of my stuff in Breezehome, which I thought was actually part of the quest. xD

ProxyKnight

Imperial Regulator
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMG my first run in with a Daedra lord, and it was friggin' terrifying! Not gonna spoil it for you, but I suddenly felt like I was in a HORROR game, rather than a fantasy one. The wows, they just keep coming!

Are you talking about the haunted house in Markarth? Yeah, that was a bit creepier than you average RPG. One surprise for me the first time was another Daedra quest- A man's best friend. With all the recycled Swedish voices, I really wasn't expecting a 1940's New York Accent.

Midge

I had one tonight - Alvor the Blacksmith in Riverwood had died (I hate it when NPCs try to fight dragons on their own... Just leave them to me, please, so you can be alive to sell me stuff!), and his body was laying out in the street.

I was getting annoyed with Sven and his mother wandering out on their porch and being like "What happened here?!" every few seconds, so I dragged his body back onto his little blacksmithing balcony area. All of a sudden, there were all these guards around me going "Do you know anything about this?" and "Stand back! If you have any information about this, please come forward!"

It's at times like this when I wish you could actually interact with the guards at random.

Torok

The Jarl of Falkreath got a bit too friendly with my male Khajiit...
He was sleeping on a bedroll by the throne, Kharjo was sitting in the throne. The Jarl comes up to my character and lays on him. My character slids off the bedroll and gets up.
Geez, the Jarl took things WAY too seriously when I told him he's cute...

Lizardking1

When I first walked into Blackreach I didn't even move. I just stood there realizing I couldn't see all the way through it. And that inner sun... What basked me the most there wasn't just the size and all, but the questions unanswered it raised, like "how the hell did a Giant get here?" or "what's the story with that underground dragon?".
And then I walked into the Soul Cairn. Although not as beautiful as Blackreach, I'm pretty sure it's bigger and has the same, if not more, attention to detail. Plus instead of importing content already in the game, it created a lot of new stuff just for that area. Oh and the Soul Cairn needs a good map. Like now.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Everytime Serana and I are just strolling down the road, then those beautiful auroras come out. I just stare at the sky and say "Wow". It's like it was meant just for us.

Another "Wow" moment would be when we just arrived at Karthspire, and there was a 3-way battle between; The Forsworn, 2 dragons, and us (Me, Serana, Delphine, and Esbern). We fought them all like a boss, I just wish there were more large-scale battles like this in Skyrim.

Daaaah Whoosh

Article Writer
I remember the execution at Solitude. It was a moment for me when I realized my place in video games, and my place in the world. Because until that moment, I always thought that in the generic 'potentially innocent man about to be executed' scene, I would always be the one to fly in and save the day. But Skyrim taught me that there are rules to life, rules that I cannot forsee the consequences of breaking. In this case, I wanted to be allowed back in Solitude, I wanted to remain living, and I didn't want to mess with what looked like a heavily scripted event. And so I let a man die for helping an innocent man escape, for doing the very thing I was afraid to. I felt horrible for it, but I learned a lot about myself in the process.

Hannah

A gamer from World of Warcraft, my first wow moment was when other npcs started helping me kill something. Its lame but I was surprised.

Panzerjoust

I remember the execution at Solitude. It was a moment for me when I realized my place in video games, and my place in the world. Because until that moment, I always thought that in the generic 'potentially innocent man about to be executed' scene, I would always be the one to fly in and save the day. But Skyrim taught me that there are rules to life, rules that I cannot forsee the consequences of breaking. In this case, I wanted to be allowed back in Solitude, I wanted to remain living, and I didn't want to mess with what looked like a heavily scripted event. And so I let a man die for helping an innocent man escape, for doing the very thing I was afraid to. I felt horrible for it, but I learned a lot about myself in the process.

Dude, you need to get rid of that soul of yours. Get a bit more evil. How else are you going to massacre the whole of Riverwood with a conscience as big as that?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts