• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
When I first discovered mammoth's. Which I actually have a video of
fast forward to 16:56

Oh my fluffing god your voice is beautiful.

A

Apollyon Yagami

standalone

I barely made out alive after this screen shot.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Last night. I was standing on a mountainside looking out over Solitude. Both moons were out and the Northern Lights(Aurora Borealis). Then a dragon flew over. Gave me goosebumps.

I actually felt like I was standing on another world.

Something new for me. Earlier, I had killed a dragon on the road just below Kolskegger mine. Later that day I am walking back down the road and the dragon skeleton is crawling along the road toward me. I stand there and it finally stops and becomes inert.

the_joe

Last night i finished skyrim. it`s the first elders scroll game i have ever bought and played.
the wow! moment for me is: why didnt i play morrowind and oblivion when i had the chance to buy them!
i played fallout for years and hadnt expected the elders scrolls series to be so epic!

The Nonchalant Thief

Bunny shall die!
I know others have said my examples before.. but...

I remember the first time I played this game..
After traveling from Riverwood to Whiterun, I decided to do a little bit of exploring around the lands to the west of Whiterun... A bit deserted with nothing really there... After a little while, I saw something large in the distance. IRL I was like "Oh, cool! A mammoth!" as I enthusiastically ran my level-2 character towards it.. Then, all of a sudden, (which scared me almost to death because I was really in the moment), the giant chased after me, and hit me high, high up into the air...where I could see everything... Whiterun, the mountains, the nearby tower... all of it.............before dying. =w=
Love that glitch.

-One night, I was in Windhelm. I usually do fast travel since I am one to get lost for a hour otherwise, yet this time, I decided to go on a little adventure.. And as the loading screen from walking outside Windhelm closed... I stared in complete awe at the beautiful sky above.
Dark mountains, reticent within fog along the background.... An aurora below the cast of a large moon... the beautiful array of calm colors as they snake through the darkness of the sky, the edges dwinding, fading off to reveal blazing stars...

I wish I had taken a screenshot, I had tried but I think this was on my desktop, where snapshots disappear into Oblivion. (...the place, not the game, haha).. but yea.. could you imagine what it would feel like to have actually been there when things like that happen? --the chill of the night air of winter.. the breeze shifting through you hair.... surely, you would forget all worries.. even if you were poisoned or about to die from lack of blood...
The sky is what truly sets this game above the rest.

DragonSlayer798

A Blade In The Shadows
my wow moment is when i climbed a random outain when i reached the top there were three other taller moutains and i looked forward and i saw the stone hedge not kidding i went towards it and then a frost dragon come out of there and blew me off that place ive never been able to find it again all i know its either near the forest or plain parts of skyrim

Cpt Ace Rimmer

My first really awesome moment was when I noticed a bandit walking across a high stone bridge from a distance. I drew my bow and zoomed in, trying to work out how far to aim in front of him factoring in distance and speed he was traveling at. The arrow penetrates his neck and i witness his lifeless body slump over the side and face down into the river below. That brought an evil grin to my face :D

For this game its probably gotta be the first time I turned into a werewolf. But the best moment in ES history for me was when I first exited the sewers in Oblivion to see the landscape of Tamriel the first time, took my breath away how pretty it was.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I got fus ro dah-ed clear across a room by a deathlord and slammed into a wall. It went into a slow-mo cutscene when it happened and I flipped out, having never experienced that before after all this time and thinking that I'd just been killed by a word. That was definitely one of the most exciting fights I've been in. :)

Reaching the inner sanctum of Ancestor Glade - everything was so beautiful and peaceful, unearthly so. The colors of the place completely changed with the rising of the sun. It must be one of the only places in Skyrim where I feel well and truly safe. And in the end, it was the glade itself that protected me from the onslaught of the vampires that had tracked me there. >8D

sticky runes

I had a little wow moment when I was fighting a dragon that was attacking one of the small villages. There were guards fighting is as well, and one of them was attacking the dragon up close with his sword. I managed to soften the dragon with my arrows, and it was the guard who finished it off by jumping on its head and hacking at it until it went down. I've seen my own character do that several times, but I didn't know NPCs could have fancy animation victories as well, so I was like "holy sh..."

mdarkpoet

Parabola
Became "thane" to Solitude, have my own house there, have my "house carl", and also outside the Dragon Bridge area came across a random dog in a cabin that now resides in my house. Just a "wow" moment to be able to build up in a game like that.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
Another one of my wow moments was yesterday...
I got my first Kill Cam... Slow motion arrow..
I shot a goat. The first time I got an epic kill cam thing, and it was for a GOAT.
Bah.. :mad:

Neriad13

Premium Member
Another one of my wow moments was yesterday...
I got my first Kill Cam... Slow motion arrow..
I shot a goat. The first time I got an epic kill cam thing, and it was for a GOAT.
Bah.. :mad:

Hey, at least it wasn't a flaming skeever-butt rocket. :D

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
Id say one of my favorite moments in Skyrim is this: Was on top of a cliffside (literally a flat cliff, someoneknows the spot i mean ;) ) Was doing one of those radiant "go here, kill this" quests, when i noticed a sleeping dragon waaaaaaaay at the bottom. I sat an thought (How can I make this really epic and not die? I decided to throw on Become Etheral, and sneak jump off the cliff. I landed on its back, dual axes in hand and started slashing away at its neck and head, and jumped off right before it took flight. The battle turned out to be pretty nice, ending with a swift summoned arrow in its jaw bone. Plopped to thr ground, rwcieved my word of power and soul, and turned around to 4 farmers/miners ust standing there weapons drawn with this "holy....pl*ps..." look on their faces. 'Twas aqesome.

xReese

My wow moment, [I guess you can call it a awkward moment ]
was when I first started playing skyrim, and I decided to wander around outside of whiterun, when I see a mammoth on top of another mammoth, while a giant was just standing there watching like a perv.

Kydilee

I've just started playing.. maybe 10 hours in.. so far I'm a lvl 4 mage. I'm just amazed at the whole thing. I don't have a great screen, and maybe this is lame, ..but.. the first time I played was at a friends place. They brought up the perks screen, and right there I decided I wanted this game.. It was so beautiful.. the colours.. the whole astrology/astronomy theme.. I'm still learning a lot of what's possible... I'm just amazed at what I'm reading on here, and some small things in the game. I just love the vastness! I love collecting ingredients, that you can eat things to discover properties, I'm so excited to play with enchanting, cooking and what not. I love that you can work, and make money. I love the books too! I just can't get over how vast it all seems.. and from what I'm reading.. it's much much bigger content wise that I even started to guess!!
I don't know how to get/use them yet, but I've read enough to know runes exsit.. I love that! There's just so many aspects. Just blown away!
Love it all!

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Today I went on a sweep job for the Thieves Guild. My target was Addvar's house. It was daytime, so the house wasn't locked. I went in and started stealing, and meanwhile Addvar is giving a lecture to Svari about how stealing is wrong (She had stolen an apple from a cart). Oh the irony...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts