• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I'm pretty sure we all have had our strange experiences while playing Skyrim. So I'll just start off and share my recent strange experience.

While I was traveling on foot to a hold, I was randomly attacked by two Vigilants of Stendarr. Since it made sense to defend myself, I conjured up my Dremora Lord and killed one of them off. After doing so, I was charged with a bounty of 1000 gold.

I have to say, it's one of the odder encounters I've had.

Vercintorix

I usually have strange experiences but this one is kind of funny, sad and Strange

Well Today when I was in Solitude. It was night time about 9 pm Fredas a Frost Dragon hovering above town. I use my Dragonrend shout to bring him down but I miss two Times he lands on top of Castle Dour and Frost all the guards there. So next door is the Bards college and Jorn is taking is night stroll to get a drink at the Skeever. I manage to land the Dragon and Jorn is right there when he lands. Unfortunate the Dragons is killed along with 4 Guards and Sadly Jorn did with them too...

I didn't discover Jorn's body til Next Day due to selling some wares and sleeping at the inn. I wandered out of the Skeever with 3 Guard rushing in front of Bits and Pieces with a few People, Three of them from the Bards College gasping. I go over there and Bam! Jorn's Body.

deanj832

I went inside an Inn (not sure what it was called I remember there was an orc outside at the side of a river) while I was on my way to Winterhold when I got inside there was a bear attatcking people which Is strange and to make it that bit stranger it was floating

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I was near the hot springs when I came across 2 mammoths. I was in need of a mammoth tusk for one of the merchants in Riften (part of a quest), so I attacked them. Next thing I knew, a dragon enters the scene, flying above the mountains behind me.. or should I say flying right through the mountaintops, clipping into the terrain. And then the mammoths got buggy: one of them teleported up in the air, causing me to miss when I was swinging at it. In the end I didn't need to kill it as gravity did the job for me.. the beast came crashing down and died upon impact. Finally when I got to Riften, the lake water started appearing and disappearing. I managed to narrow down the list of suspects and restored a certain ini parameter to its original form. That did the trick, no more incorporeal dragons or flying mammoths!

Sps Drake

I was hit by a giant, flew up in the air, hit the ground... and got back up? The giant looked pretty confuse too.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I usually have strange experiences but this one is kind of funny, sad and Strange

Well Today when I was in Solitude. It was night time about 9 pm Fredas a Frost Dragon hovering above town. I use my Dragonrend shout to bring him down but I miss two Times he lands on top of Castle Dour and Frost all the guards there. So next door is the Bards college and Jorn is taking is night stroll to get a drink at the Skeever. I manage to land the Dragon and Jorn is right there when he lands. Unfortunate the Dragons is killed along with 4 Guards and Sadly Jorn did with them too...

I didn't discover Jorn's body til Next Day due to selling some wares and sleeping at the inn. I wandered out of the Skeever with 3 Guard rushing in front of Bits and Pieces with a few People, Three of them from the Bards College gasping. I go over there and Bam! Jorn's Body.
I've experienced something similar to this. I was just minding my own business in Whiterun when a Blood Dragon made a grand entrance. Belethor and Adrienne Avenicci decided they were awesome dragon slayers. Long story short, I can't sell miscellaneous items in Whiterun anymore, unless I decide to take perks in Speech.

Evina

A dragon attacked a chicken at Riverwood. And the chicken survived.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Last night I went into a cave with 2 bears in it. After skewering a bear and viewing my spectacular kill animation near the entrance to the cave I somehow found myself UNDER the floor. I could see the walls of the cave and my follower apparently standing on thin air looking down at me. I was able to search and loot but not jump up where I would normally be standing.

The ground I was on was flat and clipped with nothing but sky around me. I was able to walk to the edge of it near the entrance to where you can see the "exit to Skyrim" message appear but if I kept walking it looked like I would fall to my doom. In a burst of inspiration I tried to Whirlwind Sprint at the exit, hoping it would carry me through and allow me to leave. The screen went black and I found myself at the mouth of the cave inside as though nothing had happened.

Dovakiin98

I was fiighting the mages at Fellglow Keep when a dragon attacked.I killed the dragon and went to loot it but the giant hit me from behind and killed me.:sadface:The strange thing is I never hit him.

Nameless1

I was trying to rob Mistveil Keep, got caught, was running away and when I decidedF8ck it I am not above murder, and turned around to kill tha guards, all but one disappeared, after I killed him he fell, stood back up, and was in Brawling stance with his fists up moonwalking nowhere. I looted his body and he stayed there. I watched for a few minutes and finally decided to leave.

Ordo

Professional Hammer-er
*spoilers*

I was in Riften after finishing the Civil War storyline on the side for the Imperials. I wanted to decorate my mannequin in Honeyside with some Imperial Armor, so I walked up to an Imperial soldier and shot him in the face with my bow. He proceeded to stand there as if nothing happened and let me kill him. I proceeded to do the same to every guard in the city, with not one person becoming hostile. I tried the same on the Imperial troops in Winterhold, Dawnstar, Windhelm, and Solitude, but they became hostile after attack.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
This one time I saw a helpless wooden cart on the side of the road.

I said "Hey little cart, you must be awfully lonely out here with no one to take you places. Well you're a cute little guy aren't you, why don't I just hop up here and.."

*BAM*

Cart flips around at 100MPH and one hit kills me. The end/coolstory.

XbSuper

This one time I saw a helpless wooden cart on the side of the road.

I said "Hey little cart, you must be awfully lonely out here with no one to take you places. Well you're a cute little guy aren't you, why don't I just hop up here and.."

*BAM*

Cart flips around at 100MPH and one hit kills me. The end/coolstory.

I hate it when this crap happens, I always take damage whenever I walk over bone piles. It's an annoying glitch, but I've never died from it, so it doesn't bother me that much.

NightWolf

NightWolf,

It's a tie between:

I was walking out of a cave after besting the Glenmoril Witches and claiming there faces as prizes! I had seen the lifeless, and naked bodies of some Imperials and had wondered what had happened here. I started on my way back to Whiterun to tell tale of my adventure, when not to far from the dead Imperials I had found a group of Orcs in Imperial armour.

I had approached them to be confronted by the leader. He had told me that they were Imperials, and that that area was off limits.

I then left the area with three extra Imperial outfits. I hope the Orc stronghold doesn't hear about that.

and,

I was heading toward the College of Winterhold. I took my test and I had past with flying colors. I then proceded down the narrow bridge that makes you wish that these people didn't build the college there. Then, out of nowhere, a Blood Dragon appears and all the mages suddenly gang beat that dragon, and it fell off the college into the water below never to be seen again.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
While in werewolf form I was charging at a bandit who was at a bridge the bandit stopped me and asked me for a toll.

Halkin

pzzzztt
NightWolf,

It's a tie between:

I was walking out of a cave after besting the Glenmoril Witches and claiming there faces as prizes! I had seen the lifeless, and naked bodies of some Imperials and had wondered what had happened here. I started on my way back to Whiterun to tell tale of my adventure, when not to far from the dead Imperials I had found a group of Orcs in Imperial armour.

I had approached them to be confronted by the leader. He had told me that they were Imperials, and that that area was off limits.

I then left the area with three extra Imperial outfits. I hope the Orc stronghold doesn't hear about that.

and,

I was heading toward the College of Winterhold. I took my test and I had past with flying colors. I then proceded down the narrow bridge that makes you wish that these people didn't build the college there. Then, out of nowhere, a Blood Dragon appears and all the mages suddenly gang beat that dragon, and it fell off the college into the water below never to be seen again.
as much as i appreciate individual style, when you get to my age the eyes dont work so well :sadface:

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I had an Aesop's fable-type of moment just outside Riften, y'know those animal fables like the one with the cock, ass and ram.. and no I'm not using bad language, one of the fables actually has that name. :D

It all began when wily brother fox was chasing a cowardly chicken, eventually catching and killing it. Then two cunning wolves came out of the bushes and one of them chased wily brother fox, eventually killing it. The other cunning wolf chased a second chicken, but failed to kill it because I barbequed them both with the flame shout (I was aiming at the wolf only but the chicken got into my line of fire). What is the moral of this fable, you ask? I'm afraid I haven't figured it out yet. :)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I'm pretty sure we all have had our strange experiences while playing Skyrim. So I'll just start off and share my recent strange experience.

While I was traveling on foot to a hold, I was randomly attacked by two Vigilants of Stendarr. Since it made sense to defend myself, I conjured up my Dremora Lord and killed one of them off. After doing so, I was charged with a bounty of 1000 gold.

I have to say, it's one of the odder encounters I've had.

Happened to me recently, one of those I hate this game moments.... Maybe it has to do with you doing the bidding of Daedras and they somehow know. Maybe having a daedric artifact in your possession triggers them?

They are Anti-Daedra fanatics, quite clearly based on medieval Jesuits or other hardcore Christian warrior monks.

I was near the hot springs when I came across 2 mammoths. I was in need of a mammoth tusk for one of the merchants in Riften (part of a quest), so I attacked them. Next thing I knew, a dragon enters the scene, flying above the mountains behind me.. or should I say flying right through the mountaintops, clipping into the terrain. And then the mammoths got buggy: one of them teleported up in the air, causing me to miss when I was swinging at it. In the end I didn't need to kill it as gravity did the job for me.. the beast came crashing down and died upon impact. Finally when I got to Riften, the lake water started appearing and disappearing. I managed to narrow down the list of suspects and restored a certain ini parameter to its original form. That did the trick, no more incorporeal dragons or flying mammoths!
THat is probably what was happening when I saw mammoths playing leapfrog!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts