Your Skyrim experience so far

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

P_SparQs

Here's mine, as of 12:19 am today my life changed...for the better. I don't want to get into the richly deserved accolades this game deserves but I will say this: I am now playing the best, most beautiful, most immersive, deepest and content rich game I have ever played in my life. Thank you Bethesda. I am going to love being an addict of this game for the next few years. SO you Skyrim Forums denizens are now my new family. Hi :-)

In Oblivion, I pretty much ran through everything(fast), this time around, I'm savoring every pixel, resisting every attempt at adventure the game has thrown at me so far (and it's relentless LoL), it took me almost 2 hrs to tweak my character's physical features. My very first character is a young level 2, fur hunting Dark Elf who is a lumber jacks by day. I love placing animal fur on the Tanning Bed and making shields Armor and studded gear and so on. I've been collecting alchemical ingredients but haven't found any alchemical components to start that skill yet. I really do want to start making poisons and so on because from what I've seen so far in this game, poison-tipped swords and arrows has been the undoing of the few unfortunate souls and beasts this very young level 2 hunter has faced. Right now I'm staying around the RIVERWOOD area to raise my funds before traveling and level up.

Well back to the wonderful world of Skyrim I go new friends and family. Back to my new addiction that I now lovingly and affectionately call CRACKRIM.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
It truly is amazing. The beautiful ambience sealed it for me. Seriously, the sounds are amazing! They seem to have worked very hard on this.

The graphics look beautiful especially the water and the gameplay and story is just great. I'm only up to Riverwood as well and, at this rate, it will probably take me like a year to finish everything!

Tusck

See my blog post.

I've basically just been running around stealing everything. Good times. I actually enjoy not having the think too much about leveling, like I did in Oblvion. So far it has been a great experience. I got my kid a copy too so I spent some time teaching her the finer points to stealth and pickpocketing.

That's high quality parenting right there.

Lioncash

My experience was wonderful until I realised Bethesda is still as useless as ever at removing bugs and game-breaking glitches from their games.

I.E. I play for 7 hours, go do a bounty quest to kill a bandit chieftan to be told I have to kill the same god damn guy for the companions thus breaking their entire quest chain. Game's going back to the damn store.

bradavis

as heartbreaking of a scenario as it may be. Try a new game file, it's not worth bringing back!!! Give it another chance!!

Anna

Premium Member
My experience was wonderful until I realised Bethesda is still as useless as ever at removing bugs and game-breaking glitches from their games.

I.E. I play for 7 hours, go do a bounty quest to kill a bandit chieftan to be told I have to kill the same god damn guy for the companions thus breaking their entire quest chain. Game's going back to the damn store.

Ether that or send it to me. Screw taking it back.

sins

My experience has been amazing I havent felt this about a game for a very long time as well as exploring one of my best experiences was when I foughta dragon 1 on 1 and after the victory I was too busy celebrating not paying attention and as I turned around a giant smacked me across the forrest lol

P_SparQs

OMG! IT'S BOOKS! Books are now my obsession within this game. I will crawl every dungeon, slit any throat in the dark or lay inside the bunker next to who the guard on the wall thinks is his mate as I read the books in his bag, his friends bag and whoever he was watching's bags. HAHAHAHAHA!!! My sneak skills are getting so impeccable. And my character is so young at level 4. The skills set in this game is amazing.

I'm a night lurker. I walk among the living in the day a short distance, scoping out my area. Take a nap and wake up in the dark and the climb through windows in the dark and do my magic...searching for BOOKS!

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
So yeah, Mr Stormcloak offers me a house in his city due to the great services i have done for him. He goes 'go talk to my steward'. I go talk to the guy and he goes 'yeah 12k please'. Turns out Mr Stormcloak is just offering me an opportunity to live in his city bastard!!!!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Pasted from another thead: I'm absolutely in love with this game, and the only thing I dislike is that "sub" skills (in my mind, such as lockpicking, pickpocketing, alchemy, basically anything that doesn't add directly to your offensive or defensive ability) are in the same point system as your offensive and defensive skills. I always love the alchemy of TES games, as well as lockpicking, and now to "buff" them, I have to take precious points away from my offensive and defensive choices. Quick calculations show me being able to max 3 skills and having some left over in a fouth. So I can chose to max sneak, archery, and one of alchemy, lockpicking, or heavy armor, and the rest in to the two left over, which won't be many points. Just a bummer is all, but doesn't keep me from giving this game 10/10.

P_SparQs, I'm in total agreement. I gank every book I can get my grubby little fingers on. I remember one point where I was being chased by two hill giants and at least two if not three woolly mammoths as I ran through someone's pup tent and campfire, and happened to notice a yellow-wrapped tome sitting next to a barrel.... I paused, turned around, snagged that book and hightailed it to the closest safe spot to hide and read my new find. :D So fun. Also glad these forums are here, since I can't play Skyrim at work.... >:/

EDIT: PS Can I get some more freakin' bookshelves in my house!?! TWO?! I have Two 2-shelf bookshelves full, and have started filling up a chest... a chest of books... like a heathen... IS THIS HOW I'M TO LIVE!?!?

P_SparQs

P_SparQs, I'm in total agreement. I gank every book I can get my grubby little fingers on. I remember one point where I was being chased by two hill giants and at least two if not three woolly mammoths as I ran through someone's pup tent and campfire, and happened to notice a yellow-wrapped tome sitting next to a barrel.... I paused, turned around, snagged that book and hightailed it to the closest safe spot to hide and read my new find. :D So fun. Also glad these forums are here, since I can't play Skyrim at work.... >:/

EDIT: PS Can I get some more freakin' bookshelves in my house!?! TWO?! I have Two 2-shelf bookshelves full, and have started filling up a chest... a chest of books... like a heathen... IS THIS HOW I'M TO LIVE!?!?

Hey Dead, so happy to see another book ganker like me out there...LoL! I'm writing a blog about it here: http://mafoombeyalu.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=Y4QnnDMBAAA.KhnMtrN38TE6PaUUYTIcgw.ETlZUJGDiKI26TVisFohYA&postId=124828273673506538&type=POST I would love to compare notes. What story lines are you following if any?

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Ooooh. Hard to say, honestly because I'm quite forgetful (allows for GREAT replayability in RPGs... hahaha). I basically read everything that comes my way, but the classics are my fave. I remember a set that I've read in Skyrim that I swear was in Oblivion... if not it was similar in title, and the content felt familiar... bah I don't know. Hard to say while I'm at work and can't look at my collection. Haha. I like to take all my books off both bookselves and all out of the chest so that they are all on me, then go through them, refreshing my memory, then put them in sets (if there is sets) out on the bookselves, then the remainder go in the chest. Fun stuff. =)

EDIT: Here is a better link http://mafoombeyalu.blogspot.com/ for your blog; your link returned an "invalid security token" error, just fyi.

Conan

I live, I love, I slay, and I am content...
I know this sounds stupid but Im a huge Conan fan and have always wanted a game where I could play Conan in an open world environment. Skyrim is the ONLY game where I can do that. I did the "Age of Hyboria" online thing but that sucked. I loved Red Dead and wished I could get a Conan game that played like that and in Skyrim I can be a Nord AKA Cimmerian, be a barbarian and be battle born. So Skyrim fit the bill perfectly...so really, the whole game is my best experience cuz I CAN play it the way I want...

3pic3raser

My character is kind of a thief/assassin, I only use magic that veils myself or angers enemies and makes them fight each other. I don't have high strength, but my other stats are pretty high. As of now I'm a level 27. Anyone else play the game similarly too me?

Onyx

Been playing for about 20 hours now and am totally hooked! I am playing a Dark Elf Spellsword, blasting enemies with magic at range before charging in and hacking them with my 1h Sword (or hiding behind Lydia and blasting them with magic if they are too tough!). Am level 11 at the moment focusing on Destruction, Heavy Armor and 1h while dabbling in smithing (really enjoy it just do not have the perks to spare at the moment). Fought 3 dragons so far (1 quest, w random) and by far the most fun was the first Random Dragon!

There I am, walking along (hopeless lost) trying to find Riften when I happen upon a guy by the road who proceeds to tell me that he has had his camp ransacked by bandits and if I might lend him a hand. I agree, suspecting a trap but greed overcoming my senses. We then proceed accross a bridge towards the camp when suddenly the bridge erupts in flame! I am like wtf just happened! Only when the flames subside I see the shadow and look up to see a dragon circling ahead and coming in for another pass! Luckily some bandits in the ruins ahead start shooting at distract it so we can get accross and we all join forces to bring the beast down. Even though I am sure we would normally have killed each other in normal circumstances, once it was dead we where all kinda just standing around, dazed, not sure what to do, but kinda congratulating ourselves at the accomplishment. At that point I decided not to ruin the moment so casually strolled off into the sunset with my packmu...I mean companion in tow.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts