• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Idk if you are serious but they are invisible chests that have really valuable loot in them. You can get them straight out of helgen so you can 700 gold even before going to whiterun if you want, as well as potions, lockpicks, weapons and armors.

... soul gems, animal hides, ebony ingots, moon sugar, house building materials...

:)

Yep and its a great way to get your enchanting up because of all of the soul gems and random gear.

Of course im serious! I dont usually just stumble along invisible chests full of useful items...
im so there :D

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
... soul gems, animal hides, ebony ingots, moon sugar, house building materials...

:)

Yep and its a great way to get your enchanting up because of all of the soul gems and random gear.

Of course im serious! I dont usually just stumble along invisible chests full of useful items...
im so there :D

If you hit the one outside Markarth, don't worry if the khajiit at the campsite are watching you. They don't seem to care.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I don't think the Dawnstar chest is a glitch, more like an easteregg. If it was a glitch, wouldn't they have fixed it in one of their patches?
I don't like to use glitches, so much so that I have no idea what you are talking about when you say the Restoration glitch. My new character, I am trying to play as authentic as I can, basic leather armour, imperial bow with steel arrows and no follower, all on Master difficulty. Hurts like a SOAB but it's challenging and fun and frustrating all at once.
Personally I think glitches ruin the game. But I'm not going to tell anyone how they should play it, that's what is so awesome about TES.

TJ0331

Nords forever
It isn't a glitch it's more of an exploit.

Manmangler

Well once I'll try
- fortify alchemy enhacnment
- Use those
- Made fortify enhacnment potions
- Drink potion
- Start again
etc....
At last made fortify smithing and made some armor and weapons

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
i personally don't have a problem with it if thats how the person likes to play and think its selfish to trash talk somebody just for not playing "like you do", its "their" gaming experience and i'd be lying if i said i didn't experiment with exploits a time or two, depending on your play style it can also be very fun, i've heard lots of people claim that if it weren't for all the potion glitches and stuff they never would have gotten into the game so perhaps its a good thing that they exist, maybe the devs were also aware of this and thats why most were never taken out the game.. i may not use the exploits with health or stamina but i'll admit that before i learned how to "legitly" gain unlimited magicka i always used glitched enchants for inf magicka cause i didn't see it as cheating as you're certainly not op'ed with just an unending magicka pool.

Fighter X

I really don't have a problem with glitching, I have done it before in single player games. I didn't do it in Skyrim because I never bothered to find any out. And yeah, I totally agree with you about console versions, there's such a limited amount you can do with a console version compared to the PC version.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I don't think the Dawnstar chest is a glitch, more like an easteregg. If it was a glitch, wouldn't they have fixed it in one of their patches?
I don't like to use glitches, so much so that I have no idea what you are talking about when you say the Restoration glitch. My new character, I am trying to play as authentic as I can, basic leather armour, imperial bow with steel arrows and no follower, all on Master difficulty. Hurts like a SOAB but it's challenging and fun and frustrating all at once.
Personally I think glitches ruin the game. But I'm not going to tell anyone how they should play it, that's what is so awesome about TES.
yea i LUV that hidden chest in dawnstar.. lol one of the first tricks i ever learned on the game, gotta luv youtube! :D and yea i've often considered it more of an easter egg than a glitch.. whatever the case its very useful and the first place i go after escaping helghan just to hit up that chest, free gold, armor, ignots, potions, and soul gems all without killing a single bandit, good stuff.. ;)

xsneakyxsimx

Quick note: if you have the Unofficial Patch, it 'fixes' the Dawnstar invisible chest... and maybe the Markarth one, but I've never used it so I don't know...

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
...and don't forgot the third Khajiit chest just outside Solitude.

I always wondered about all 3 of them because, despite all the official patches, Bethesda never bothered to move them down a bit further so that they couldn't be accessed. It's almost like they did indeed leave them as easter eggs.

With a real stretch, you could RP that the chests are where the crafty Khajiit caravans hide their valuables and inventory when they have moved onto the next town. You could then RP your character spying on them as they hide their inventory, and sneaking down and filching some things once they've left the area.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
...and don't forgot the third Khajiit chest just outside Solitude.

I always wondered about all 3 of them because, despite all the official patches, Bethesda never bothered to move them down a bit further so that they couldn't be accessed. It's almost like they did indeed leave them as easter eggs.

With a real stretch, you could RP that the chests are where the crafty Khajiit caravans hide their valuables and inventory when they have moved onto the next town. You could then RP your character spying on them as they hide their inventory, and sneaking down and filching some things once they've left the area.

Considering that whenever you come upon them on the road they are carrying nothing on them :) good idea.

Fedpol2

It's your game so enjoy it. I recently glitched out the shouts and had some fun with slow time and unrelenting force juggling bandits up into the air. Game breaking stuff for sure but you can create some insane items and ridiculous armor. Plus you're not playing it online against other players so your actions only affect your game and your experience. Having fun is what is all about.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
It's your game so enjoy it. I recently glitched out the shouts and had some fun with slow time and unrelenting force juggling bandits up into the air. Game breaking stuff for sure but you can create some insane items and ridiculous armor. Plus you're not playing it online against other players so your actions only affect your game and your experience. Having fun is what is all about.
exactly man.. thats why i don't understand why some people get so butthurt over anyone using exploits on this game, some people literally get downright pissed at others for it, i've read some flame war comments on youtube skyrim vids which started all over somebody using exploits and you wouldn't believe some of the hateful things that were said, you'd think these people just had their unborn children murdered! its insane! i don't understand why they get so irate about it..

Ten Foot Bunny

I ♥ Harry Nilsson
Thanks for all of your opinions! :) I definitely agree with those of you who don't see a problem with using glitches, especially those that were left in the game after all of the official patches (maybe they WERE easter eggs?).

As for what I'm doing, I don't feel like I'm exploiting a glitch at all, simply using the glitch to get what I want stylistically but not gaining any advantage. I LOVE the look of the forsworn armor but I should be wearing more advanced armor for my level (46). My smithing level is 100 and I have the glass armor perk, and so I don't see any problem with using this glitch to upgrade the forsworn armor to the armor rating of upgraded glass. After all, I DID earn the ability to obtain that armor rating through non-glitched play. :D In fact, I'm kind of worse off because the forsworn armor weighs more than glass does. Such is the price of fashion!

I might glitch the crap out of my second playthrough, but I'll definitely enjoy this first one as the devs intended.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Thanks for all of your opinions! :) I definitely agree with those of you who don't see a problem with using glitches, especially those that were left in the game after all of the official patches (maybe they WERE easter eggs?).

As for what I'm doing, I don't feel like I'm exploiting a glitch at all, simply using the glitch to get what I want stylistically but not gaining any advantage. I LOVE the look of the forsworn armor but I should be wearing more advanced armor for my level (46). My smithing level is 100 and I have the glass armor perk, and so I don't see any problem with using this glitch to upgrade the forsworn armor to the armor rating of upgraded glass. After all, I DID earn the ability to obtain that armor rating through non-glitched play. :D In fact, I'm kind of worse off because the forsworn armor weighs more than glass does. Such is the price of fashion!

I might glitch the crap out of my second playthrough, but I'll definitely enjoy this first one as the devs intended.

Iv done that b4. The things we do for fashion ay :D
if you like the look of the forsworn, you may like the savious hide? It looks good on a female char (my wife wears it at my sincere request!).

Manmangler

Why on earth I should have a problem if someone else using glitch in his/hers own singleplayer. They can even use cheats, as long they keep those out of multiplayer. Those peoples that saying how others should play singleplayer, must have very boring. Actually, many games has unlock backs to savetime, even in multiplayer.

I would love to see their face when playing Oldshcool FPS in multiplayer and other players were movin bunnyhopping or holding knife in while running. Oh those days (Old relic has some memories from jurassic era of FPS)

Singleplayer game are for fun, not competion, so why anyody should get angry when I install community uncapper to MY SKYRIM.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Personally I never use the exploits or glitches (even though now I know how per Dagmar :)), but, if that's your thing, go for it. I just never felt the need.

I have a habit of constantly legendizing enchanting so I can usually perk up real quick. I guess I'd rather grind than exploit.

Just me maybe.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Y'all talk about hidden and invisible chests. I have no idea what you're talking about. I'll occassionally run across a chest someplace I never expected it, but I wouldn't even know where to start looking for something that's invisible. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts