• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Which one-shot quest is the one you said "Really! That's it! That's all I get for doing this?"

Olsthepols

Fus Ro Dah
I agree with you, thats why I tried to kill my
getting married, I get nothing out of it except 100 coins a day and some stupid meal.
wife but she didnt die so now im stuck with her

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
Retrieving a Helmet for someone in Solitude in a Miscellanious quest. I had to walk to a cave somewhere around Solitude and kill some bandits who stole that Helmet. I gave the Helmet back to that person and he gave me 100 coins for it. I might sound like some spoiled brat but I had various of other quests which were the same thing and they paid me a lot more instead of 100 coins. Oh well, at least I could raid some bandits and loot them and their treasures. :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Getting to High Hrothgar, I thought seven thousand steps was like some saying they had. That was a bitch of a hike. Then I realized I could use a horse to go up the side of the mountain.

Bards College

Yeah I didn't even get the point of the bards college. You couldn't even play an instrument, it was just fetch this and it was over. I didn't even realize it was over until they wouldn't give me quests to fetch crap.

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
For me i hate all the quests that ask me to go fetch something and get very few coin for it. For instance, i go to some cave to fetch a shield for the Jarl in Markarth and all i get is thane? Meh. Give me gold and i'd be pleased. I think the quest i hated the most was recovering the journals for Calcemo from the dead students or whatever.

Cazimir

I hate trying to deliver Jarl Balgruff's axe to Ulfric. It really makes me feel like an errand boy, because of course he refuses it and I have to take it back to Whiterun.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Undoubtedly The Way of the Voice. I despise the 7000 steps. It's actually 748 steps, but I imagine it's from a real world perspective.

Zernor2618

Any quest that involves me going into a Drauger infested cave just to get an item. I mean really...It's quite repetitive, I just wish they had some more back stories to the quest...Such as an explanation as to how it got their...The golden claw was a quest I could deal with as it revealed why the claw was down their. I just wish their were more variations on the quests for once...I mean their is only so many times I can fight Drauger before I begin throwing myself off the throat of the world out of spite for the simplicity of the quests...I said it before and i'll say it again...Oblivion got it right, they had reasons to go to certain places...Such as caves and the monsters had some variation, such as Goblins, rats and mummies. I just feel that Oblivion's quests are much better in comparison....Not that i'm complaining. >.>

Baelor

Which one-shot quest is the one you said "Really! That's it! That's all I get for doing this?"

Although the reward is pretty sweet, the 'Book of Love' quest absolutely sucks. So much so that I used console commands to bypass it and get the reward in my most recent and final playthrough.

Voodoo_uk2

My First Real Contract killing for the Dark Brotherhood all i could afford with the hit money was a few Nord Meads and an Orc Maiden for the night who i wasnt even sure was a Maiden as she beat me 3 times in an ArmWrestle

Voodoo_uk2

Retrieving a Helmet for someone in Solitude in a Miscellanious quest. I had to walk to a cave somewhere around Solitude and kill some bandits who stole that Helmet. I gave the Helmet back to that person and he gave me 100 coins for it. I might sound like some spoiled brat but I had various of other quests which were the same thing and they paid me a lot more instead of 100 coins. Oh well, at least I could raid some bandits and loot them and their treasures. :)
You know you have been Stitched right up when the Looteng is much better than the pay i hate dat

doc108

Reall
Any quest that involves me going into a Drauger infested cave just to get an item. I mean really...It's quite repetitive, I just wish they had some more back stories to the quest...Such as an explanation as to how it got their...The golden claw was a quest I could deal with as it revealed why the claw was down their. I just wish their were more variations on the quests for once...I mean their is only so many times I can fight Drauger before I begin throwing myself off the throat of the world out of spite for the simplicity of the quests...I said it before and i'll say it again...Oblivion got it right, they had reasons to go to certain places...Such as caves and the monsters had some variation, such as Goblins, rats and mummies. I just feel that Oblivion's quests are much better in comparison....Not that i'm complaining. >.>
Really, not all or even most of Skyrims dungeons have back stories but many do. The quests did not give a reason but I felt dungeons in Skyrim were much more interesting.

My First Real Contract killing for the Dark Brotherhood all i could afford with the hit money was a few Nord Meads and an Orc Maiden for the night who i wasnt even sure was a Maiden as she beat me 3 times in an ArmWrestle
That defines an Orc maiden. its when they can't beat you that they stop being maidens!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
The quest to obtain sanguines rose was so degrading I can never bring myself to even start it.

Miraak was much weaker than a main storyline boss should be, but then again so is alduin.

The College of Winterhold questline. You're Archmage now! Go you! So now what?

Civil War questline. You just effectively soloed the enemy army and executed their leader, securing your factions dominance! Awesome! What do we do now?

Edit: Let's not forgot the total lack of any kind of romance in marriage, and the fact no one's personality exceeds that of a rock. "Life is short" is no excuse for that bull crap. "But we gave you an achievement!" No. F!@# no.

Saozig

Hippy
I have grown to really like the 7000 steps (apparently there were 7000, or close to it, in ancient times, hence the big gaps where the steps have worn away). I had my new character run up there--and back--just for the heck of it even though she isn't doing the main quest.

I personally dislike the bounty quests. If I wanted to go clear out some bandit camp, I'll just go do it. It's not worth the trouble to report back to the jarl or steward to collect the 100 gold and then find that "Collect bounty from so-and-so" is stuck in my misc list. Forever. :mad:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I have grown to really like the 7000 steps (apparently there were 7000, or close to it, in ancient times, hence the big gaps where the steps have worn away). I had my new character run up there--and back--just for the heck of it even though she isn't doing the main quest.

I personally dislike the bounty quests. If I wanted to go clear out some bandit camp, I'll just go do it. It's not worth the trouble to report back to the jarl or steward to collect the 100 gold and then find that "Collect bounty from so-and-so" is stuck in my misc list. Forever. :mad:
Thats what you get for making it personal.

Voodoo_uk2

The quest to obtain sanguines rose was so degrading I can never bring myself to even start it.

Miraak was much weaker than a main storyline boss should be, but then again so is alduin.

The College of Winterhold questline. You're Archmage now! Go you! So now what?

Civil War questline. You just effectively soloed the enemy army and executed their leader, securing your factions dominance! Awesome! What do we do now?

Edit: Let's not forgot the total lack of any kind of romance in marriage, and the fact no one's personality exceeds that of a rock. "Life is short" is no excuse for that bull crap. "But we gave you an achievement!" No. F!@# no.

This may be a case of turn your gameplay setting to MASTER and if you have already try INVERTING your controls or do both at the same time

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts