Why do the Dawnguard use Huskies?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
This is very reminiscent of a STFU Parents blog entry...

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
What you said earlier was quoted from wikipedia which is not exactly accurate information. I'm going on from personal experience and from other husky owners. And breeders warn potential buyers that they are not guard dogs. They have strong predatory insticts so they would go for small animals/rodents but thats it. If you want a guard dog, go for a Rottweiler or German Shepherd

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Im going on from personal experiences too, while not owning one myself, I have been in the presence of some and while they are not aggressive, they do guard/hunt and fight well.

And either way, you are only thinking on your dog and dogs you have seen, have any of us seen a pure bred husky from way back, more over a reason why skyrim has them.

higgi07

Im going on from personal experiences too, while not owning one myself, I have been in the presence of some and while they are not aggressive, they do guard/hunt and fight well.

And either way, you are only thinking on your dog and dogs you have seen, have any of us seen a pure bred husky from way back, more over a reason why skyrim has them.
They are terrible guard dogs, any Husky breeders, experts or owners will confirm this. They would greet any stangers with licks and affection. They do hunt small animals like birds as that is in their nature.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
when I was in basic school about 7 years old, I had a friend who had 2 husky's and a white german shepherd.

The first time I would come over at her house, she told me to watch out for the husky's. not because they were aggressive or something. So I wondered why I should watch out.

Well I found out. As I set foot in the house, I could hear the two of them running, they came in jumping at me, pushing me over and almost licked my face off xD

they were the sweetest dogs I've ever met. As she was my best friend in school, we spend much time together and with the dogs. at a point one of the 2 would listen better to me than to her!

sadly she had to move far away when I got 12 years old..

so, my experience tells me that they aren't very good guard dogs...

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
They are terrible guard dogs, any Husky breeders, experts or owners will confirm this. They would greet any stangers with licks and affection. They do hunt small animals like birds as that is in their nature.

Well Im pretty sure that what I saw myself was a husky, and I never go by breeders or experts, it's how you train them yourself. tsk . tsk .

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
They probably just needed any type of dog to oppose the vampires death hounds.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
Speaking of pets I have a Bearded Dragon named Alduin I'm going to buy some toy Dragon Wings for him to wear! Then I can play Skyrim in real life!
My bearded dragon is named Thorn from the Eragon books.

Panthera

Don Gato
My favorite kind (I prefer all dogs who are wolflike)!

I didn't have Husky or any dog but my friend did. He got his Husky pup for birthday. So we went to do some research and found out they are really stubborn dogs hard to teach (not that they are stupid only they are very playful so their attention is very short). So basically you need to work with them a lot. If you want to teach them first thing you need to do is make them workout... so after workout they will have better concentration, the attention you need. And I found that kind quite aggressive, I mean from my experience.

My friend's father has also dog... American Stafford. And most of the people would find that dog intimidating with that huge muscular jaw... funny thing is, I've never met such a friendly dog in my life. For example if I just hold Husky's tail he would start biting but if I hold Stafford's tail, even a little pull, nothing, he would continue to be all-friendly dog.

If you ask me I wouldn't mind if they changed all dogs to Husky kind. :)

The Laoch

I found something interesting.

The huskies in Dawnguard are actually named after two celtic hounds that a celtic warlord had. It would almost make more since to have them be Irish Wolfhound instead of huskies. I still think they look cool, since I love huskies.

The Laoch

Awesome! Aren't Bearded Dragons awesome? I would recommend them for anyone wanting a Reptile I was going to get an Iguana but they get too big and mean.
Yea he is sweet, I can walk around with him on my shoulder. Im going to give him to my High school biology teacher, because my dad doesn't want to take care of him when I go to college. At least I know he will bring joy to other kids in school instead of sitting in a pet store. I'll miss him though.

Yea he is sweet, I can walk around with him on my shoulder. Im going to give him to my High school biology teacher, because my dad doesn't want to take care of him when I go to college. At least I know he will bring joy to other kids in school instead of sitting in a pet store. I'll miss him though.
Aww thats sad :sadface: at least he'll be in good hands though. We had a Chameleon in my biology class as a classroom pet it ended up dieing at the end of the school year because we weren't giving it the proper care it needed. I guess Chameleons need more advanced care to survive where as a Bearded Dragon is more suitable for beginners.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts