• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Derpo

Seriously, If there are sparkly, broody, vampires in this DLC I am doing a Buffy build.
fluff that im going van helsing up in this mother fluffer. werewolf and repeating crossbow and all.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I really doubt it will have new provinces to explore since that would kinda defeat the whole purpose of having a new province in each Elder Scroll game. But I do think it may have something to do with vampires as I remember doing some quest about a vampire trying to take over the town of dawn star or maybe that was in a different town I'm not sure.

Wuunferth's Balls

473 In-Game Hours and Counting!
Just saw the trailer for dawnguard on xbox live, and i'm thinking Molag-Bal's quest to rule the world and stuff like that, but what im excited about is the whole crossbow thing theyre adding. but anyway, its gonna be cool

Wuunferth's Balls

473 In-Game Hours and Counting!
Personally, i hope it's not another daedra driven storyline

Vspin101 Sadly it is because there's like demons in the trailer and the altar from the Daedric quest The House of Horrors, just like the one from the basement in the house, and the dude on the trailer had a cape pinned to his armor with a pin that had molag bal's face on it. Another thing is Molag Bal is the Lord of corruption, and thepicture for the dlc shows dohvakiin's eyes corrupted, (my profile pic). In the trailer, if you side with molag, you become a demon and eat people's sould and become darkness blah,blah,blah. Oh well i'm still paying 20 bucks for it.

Grogmar Ghrobash

these are vampires, not 'demons'

Vampires are demons. Well unless your counting the twilight vampires those are just pixies.

Vspin101

Vspin101 Sadly it is because there's like demons in the trailer and the altar from the Daedric quest The House of Horrors, just like the one from the basement in the house, and the dude on the trailer had a cape pinned to his armor with a pin that had molag bal's face on it. Another thing is Molag Bal is the Lord of corruption, and thepicture for the dlc shows dohvakiin's eyes corrupted, (my profile pic). In the trailer, if you side with molag, you become a demon and eat people's sould and become darkness blah,blah,blah. Oh well i'm still paying 20 bucks for it.
Yeah figured that out too when i saw Molag Bal's altar and according to lore he is the one who created vampires, of course im still gonna buy it , it looks like there are alot of new and cool features.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
The story revolves around Molag Bal

stagnant94

I am hoping, it will let you become the Jarl (after a long and hard quest line) of Dawnstar! I hope that if you can do this it will let you make Dawnstar an awesome place by purchasing things like in the Dark Brotherhood quests
i made this thread a long, long time ago, its got a list of things you should be able to do as well as options and quests so here you go!
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could become jarl? | Skyrim Forums
tell me what you think. i can always add things to it or take things away

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Vampires are demons...
No they aren't. In the Elder Scrolls the pedigree of all Vampires is that they are Undead and the mechanics of the game recognizes this distinction, e.g. spells that specifically affect Daedra don't affect Undead and vice versa.

All Vampires owe their existence to Molag Bal so it's no surprise that a Vampire might wear broach with Molag Bal's sigil on it or that a Vampire lair might have an altar to Molag Bal. While it's not conclusive evidence that Molag Bal himself will figure prominently in Dawnguard it's a likely probability.

Epic Keith

No they aren't. In the Elder Scrolls the pedigree of all Vampires is that they are Undead and the mechanics of the game recognizes this distinction, e.g. spells that specifically affect Daedra don't affect Undead and vice versa.

All Vampires owe their existence to Molag Bal so it's no surprise that a Vampire might wear broach with Molag Bal's sigil on it or that a Vampire lair might have an altar to Molag Bal. While it's not conclusive evidence that Molag Bal himself will figure prominently in Dawnguard it's a likely probability.
Vampires are linked with Molag Bal. And I'd like to add to the part that vampires are undead. The Dawnbreaker also affects vampires in it's explosion effect

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The Dawnbreaker also affects vampires in it's explosion effect
I can see how it could become the favored weapon of many players who didn't use it much before. If I end up playing Dawnguard you can bet I'll be tempering it to a fine edge....muahaha.

Grogmar Ghrobash

I never said anything about the Elder Scrolls. Vampire fiction in general states them as being soulless demons who are also undead.

Epic Keith

I can see how it could become the favored weapon of many players who didn't use it much before. If I end up playing Dawnguard you can bet I'll be tempering it to a fine edge....muahaha.
EVIIRRRUUU!

Grogmar Ghrobash

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts