• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brianthelionz

Before the title dawn guard was released there was a rumor on about snow elves and cross bows now it's alot of speculation
According to Bethesda they are making a full preview at e3 the first week of June so I'm hoping it will be out by July
Now the fun part speculate on price as immense as skyrim is I can see dlc going for 20$ not that I Agree with that price but shivering isles is still20$

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Crossover time... be warned!

ohnoooocopy.jpg
Good God, shoot me now. . . .

Vspin101

Some have speculated that it might involve Meridia, because her sword's name dawnbreaker and it have the same glow as the dovahkiins eyes. Personally, i hope it's not another daedra driven storyline

Shadowbane

Premium Member

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Fair enough! here are the links I found, the lands are speculation because of what PC users found using the unclip code in the console commands, this link has photos and a video showing it all

Accessible Morrowind, Cyrodiil part of Skyrim DLC? • News • Eurogamer.net

Dragon riders of Hammrfell

Skyrim: DLC info leaked <- this one does updates on speculated DLC, but it seams legit for the most part, also talks about horse armor and war waging with the thalmor

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooh no no no no no....

You ever hear that saying "Don't Believe everything you read on the internet?" ...Well these articles are the Poster-boys for that saying.

There might be some of this stuff in the future.... BUT the subjects of those articles have NO IDEA whats really going on. They are just making crap up to get your attention.. For Realz!

Shadowbane

Premium Member
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooh no no no no no....

You ever hear that saying "Don't Believe everything you read on the internet?" ...Well these articles are the Poster-boys for that saying.

There might be some of this stuff in the future.... BUT the subjects of those articles have NO IDEA whats really going on. They are just making crap up to get your attention.. For Realz!
Im not saying its proof, there are a lot of sites regarding this info and this seems to be the most speculated because it seems to be what most people want it to be, the title dawngaurd could lead to the Mythic Dawn Cult being in Hammerfell, gaurd as in redgaurd? or not. It's all a guess. but those are the sites I found listing any info. As far as the new lands go, Its more than likly to be in a DLC, heres the video again for thouse who had trouble with the youtube link
. that part I Believe.

Hunfar

Not sure if it has to do with Dawnguard but, if you go outside the map you can see a low-res White Gold Tower in Cyrodiil... Bethesda did say that the DLC's would be beefier in terms of content this time around.

perkecet

people really still think this has anything to do with the mythic dawn? really? a mythic "dawnguard" is not a thing. there were just people in the mythic dawn, who's job it was to guard their shrine. some have been acting like it's a proper name or something it was just a "mythic dawn guard", a guard for the mythic dawn.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Just for a bit of fun. Spitballing here. Dawnguard. Dawn as in the time each morning at which daylight first begins. And guard, to protect from harm by or as if by watching over. Vampires, unable to really defend themselves during the day. Thus Dawnguard. DLC about vampires. Yeah, it's a bit late and I should be sleeping instead of posting. Sorry if this post is a bit silly. Mostly just playing off the name and just one example of what it could mean. Yeah.

Hargood

Im not saying its proof, there are a lot of sites regarding this info and this seems to be the most speculated because it seems to be what most people want it to be, the title dawngaurd could lead to the
Mythic Dawn
cult being in hammerfell, gaurd as in redgaurd? or not. Its all a guess. but those are the sites i found lising the info. as far as the new lands go, its more than likely to be in a DLC, heres the video again
. that part I Believe.

I do want to say this about the "Land Masses around Skyrim" that people have placed these speculations on: (Ive said this before somewhere.. not sure where)

If you get a chance to look at it, they are not to any kind of Playable scale at all. If you wanted the whole of Cyrodill to be the size of Whiterun + 1/2 of Riverwood.. then sure. Other than that, they are way too small to be playable.

It has to be asked "Why would they put it in there if it is way too small" ..IF it is a playable land one day?

The answer is This. They Need that so when someone climbs a really really tall mountain and look over it, they can see the lands on the other side. It would be horrible if you did that and couldn't see anything there.
(This could support a Flying Mechanic in the future btw) Bethesda is KEY at trying to project the better graphics coming down the road to render their game, so they want to be prepared for their games to be played in such a high quality that we don't even know about yet. That is always how they were.... (Morrowind was awesome, but was even more awesome 3 years after it's release with new Graphic tech, etc)

Now if they make Cyrodill, Morrowind, or Hammerfell in a DLC.. All that land graphic that people make the speculations about would have to be deleted. It would have to go because it is way to small to develope playable content on and it would need to make way for the REAL stuff. I'd love one of these Provinces to be put in as well, but this is not the "Oh OH I Found Something" content that proves it. I understand not everyone can think like the Developers do, but I wish they would just "Think" before they put this crap out on the internet.

And Im not blaming you in that. You are just a Resourcefull dude looking up anything you can find. Those guys posting this stuff to mislead you piss me off sometimes.

Oh and OH... Dragons of Hammerfell? Good God. I wish Some of the idiots might actually play a TES game outside of Skyrim before spamming the internet with stupid crap.. lol good lord, There are Lore Books all over every Game.. I would hope one of the "Internet Scoop-Snoops" Would actually read one before floods the web with dumb smuck lol.

Shadowbane

Premium Member
The dev's could be using as a refrance model for a later release, not to mention half of those thing shown in the video didn't look like it was shown from from the spot that was blocked off from the boundary, it looked more like they had to go further in to see some of the stuff they did, the lake couldn't be seen from the cliped boundary shown in the video. Why would the dev's go to all the trouble to make a huge landmass for us to view if its blocked off? also if it was filler like your saying, then why would they try to replicate the land so closely to the actual Provence? they could have just filled it with a bunch of trees or rocks so we couldn't see past it. I suppose its possible that they could be putting a huge effort to be realistic, but lets just agree to disagree. but I really hope we get more lands it would be like 4 TES games in one :D

Hargood

The dev's could be using as a refrance model for a later release, not to mention half of those thing shown in the video didn't look like it was shown from from the spot that was blocked off from the boundary, it looked more like they had to go further in to see some of the stuff they did, the lake couldn't be seen from the cliped boundary shown in the video. Why would the dev's go to all the trouble to make a huge landmass for us to view if its blocked off? also if it was filler like your saying, then why would they try to replicate the land so closely to the actual Provence? they could have just filled it with a bunch of trees or rocks so we couldn't see past it. I suppose its possible that they could be putting a huge effort to be realistic, but lets just agree to disagree. but I really hope we get more lands it would be like 3 TES games in one :D

I'll agree to disagree with you.. But know that Im on a PC and I've cliped..while removing the Blocks to go out and see the stuff myself. (you can do it in the Creation Kit as well) If they put them there for actual use in the future.. look foward to playing in the Emperial City as a little lego land under your Characters feet. Thats all Im saying.

Derpo

Bethesda Y U NO GIVE US INFO LIKE PROMISE!?

Dallas-Arbiter

Who knows what it's going to be about, but given Bethesda's track record, I imagine whatever dawnguard is, it'll be a linear, fairly short three quest affair.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
I don't care what it's about I just need it noooooooooooooooooow right now not later now please pleaseeeee *sigh*

Derpo

Who knows what it's going to be about, but given Bethesda's track record, I imagine whatever dawnguard is, it'll be a linear, fairly short three quest affair.
i HIGHLY doubt dawnguard is going to be some plopsty 2 hour dlc like mehrunes razor DLC for oblivion. first off they made a banner for it. its been MONTHS after the previous release of the game. they are going so far as forsaking patches to get this DLC out and even then its still taking forever. not to mention they also said DLCs will be more "beefy" and be more like an expansion. besides, you know how flaming pissed off fans will be if this dlc is just some 2 hour quest?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
That article was made less than 2 weeks after launch, many alternative explanations have been offered as to the existence of those areas, and the author openly admits that it may have absolutely nothing to do with any DLC and offers one of the most popular explanations as to why it's there which has nothing to do with any possible DLC. As for dragon riding that attribution is made by a random commenter on the Youtube page for the video who cites a GameStop store clerk as the authoritative source. FFS really?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts