What will you do on International Apocalypse Day (Dec.21, 2012)?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I should fly down to Sedona just to see this nut job plummet to his death. Might even bring a lawn chair and some popcorn.

Gersten writes, "On the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 UT a cosmic portal will open in Sedona Arizona and a leap of faith - from the top of Bell Rock - will propel me through its opening.... My two principal beliefs are: 1) that our reality is an intelligently designed cosmic holographic program and 2) that on the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 UT – a Trans-Dimensional Event (T-DE) will occur... an article on my web site discussing the Mayan calendar end-date states that: There is no reason not to take a leap of faith imagining what may be in store (10). So by now you must have an idea of what I plan to do on the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 while on the top of Bell Rock – a place only a few miles from my home.... Most of you will think that I am delusional and that my insane act will certainly result in my death. Death is inevitable - at least nowadays - and 100 years from now it won't matter whether I died in 2012 or 2013 or even 2020. But I believe that some type of cosmic portal will be opening at that time and place and that an opportunity will present itself. I fully expect that it will either lead to the next level of this cosmic program; freedom from an imprisoning time-loop; a magical Martian-like bubble; or something equally as exotic. In March 2012 I will reach 70 years of age and nine months later we arrive at the cosmic coordinate. I think it will then be time for me to move on - in one form or another. I'd like to see what else our Cosmic Computer has to offer." (http://www.pagenews.info/commentary/wintersolstice2012.php )

Dat guy is so cray-cray it makes me type weird.

Dallas-Arbiter

Well, the area I live in is a disaster waiting to happen. If you look at Fallout maps of North eastern Arkansas, you'll notice it's in an extremely high fallout risk, partly due to the old SAC wing stationed nearby. It's not there now, it's a US mail depot now. But I visited that base once when I was a kid, I saw rows and rows of B-52 bombers. Fully loaded with H-bombs, just waiting to bomb the Soviet Union into the Stone Age.

Then there's the New Madrid Fault line. (It's pronounced Mad-rid or even Mad-Drid) During 1811-1812 there were over 2,000 quakes here. The biggest ones made the Mississippi River flow backwards for hours, created Reelfoot lake. There's upside down trees sticking up out of the water there, then there's sand gysers. Look at google earth of this area, you'll see farms that have big dead spots, it's not because of bad farming, that was caused by the sand blows as they're called, imagine a gyser about 200 foot tall, made completely of sand.

Then there was that mass death of birds not far from here in Beebe a couple years back. They still don't know what caused that, they even did a show about it on the Science Channel or something.

And of course, this is Tornado alley.

I ain't skerred, and I'll be at work.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Well, the area I live in is a disaster waiting to happen. If you look at Fallout maps of North eastern Arkansas, you'll notice it's in an extremely high fallout risk, partly due to the old SAC wing stationed nearby. It's not there now, it's a US mail depot now. But I visited that base once when I was a kid, I saw rows and rows of B-52 bombers. Fully loaded with H-bombs, just waiting to bomb the Soviet Union into the Stone Age.

Then there's the New Madrid Fault line. (It's pronounced Mad-rid or even Mad-Drid) During 1811-1812 there were over 2,000 quakes here. The biggest ones made the Mississippi River flow backwards for hours, created Reelfoot lake. There's upside down trees sticking up out of the water there, then there's sand gysers. Look at google earth of this area, you'll see farms that have big dead spots, it's not because of bad farming, that was caused by the sand blows as they're called, imagine a gyser about 200 foot tall, made completely of sand.

Then there was that mass death of birds not far from here in Beebe a couple years back. They still don't know what caused that, they even did a show about it on the Science Channel or something.

And of course, this is Tornado alley.

I ain't skerred, and I'll be at work.

I watched a programe last night by some religious nut job using the Beebe 2010 birds falling out the sky and the dead fish as a reason why the world will end. That looked like some messed up plops did they ever figure out what happend.

Dallas-Arbiter

I watched a programe last night by some religious nut job using the Beebe 2010 birds falling out the sky and the dead fish as a reason why the world will end. That looked like some messed up pl*** did they ever figure out what happend.

As far as I know, they still don't know what caused it.

Junkie

My Dishonored was delivered yesterday, so I'll be playing that, depending on the time. If the world ends before 4pm I'll be at work

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Ok, new plan...I'll be digging myself out from 10" of snow. Good news is, the blizzard should deter any zombies....right?

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Ok, new plan...I'll be digging myself out from 10" of snow. Good news is, the blizzard should deter any zombies....right?

In theory they at least move slower...maybe

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
What I will be doing on the supposed "end of days" will be sitting at home drinking from box of Woodstock, Ordering pizzas and chilling with my family to watch a cheerful kids movie. Maybe the Lion King or The sword in the stone.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I hate to rain on anybody's parade, but it's just past midnight here in Finland, and absolutely nothing remarkable is happening. No planet X, no lizard people coming out of the woodwork, no nothin'. Then again, this is Finland, a country where precious little ever happens that could be considered remarkable, so maybe you Americans will have a more eventful apocalypse :p

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I hate to rain on anybody's parade, but it's just past midnight here in Finland, and absolutely nothing remarkable is happening. No planet X, no lizard people coming out of the woodwork, no nothin'. Then again, this is Finland, a country where precious little ever happens that could be considered remarkable, so maybe you Americans will have a more eventful apocalypse :p

Or perhaps Monolith, the apocalypse causes the world to become like Finland, and because you're Finnish you haven't noticed!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

I'm still holding fast to the predestination paradox apocalypse (the actions of people thinking the apocalypse will happen is what causes it). Finland has 5 million people. America has 311 million. Just wait for it to be the 21st in America.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Or perhaps Monolith, the apocalypse causes the world to become like Finland, and because you're Finnish you haven't noticed!

I'd rather see the lizard people return with Elvis as their leader than have your scenario come to pass! Finland isn't the worst place in the world to live in, but I need to get out of here at least once a year. If the whole world were just like Finland, I'd be doomed :O

And Chowder.. mayhaps you're right. The self-fulfilling prophecy scenario.. I could see that happening in the States.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I'd rather see the lizard people return with Elvis as their leader than have your scenario come to pass! Finland isn't the worst place in the world to live in, but I need to get out of here at least once a year. If the whole world were just like Finland, I'd be doomed :O

And Chowder.. mayhaps you're right. The self-fulfilling prophecy scenario.. I could see that happening in the States.

By the way, it's meant to end on 11:11 a.m. UCT time (-6 hours). Which means that the world hasn't ended until you Americans say it has. I figured this out easily cuz Mayans lived in that timezone. So the world won't end until 17:11 GMT.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts