What weapons would you like to see included in future?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lycan

Forest Crawler
How about some ninja stars? I mean there ARE assassins in the games. Would be awesome if they could have enchantments as well. Who wouldnt be afraid of a ninja star on fire flying at you?!
If I recall correctly, ninja stars were included in Morrowind

livingdeath62

flails have never been in video games for one main reason. they can't be coded to handle well with the game environment. especially in RPGs like TES, where they'd have to set up each links movement to connect with the next and not to mention sprinting and idle animations to look good, and you'd have to differ between animations and swinging, and then determine the hitboxes of the thing, which would probably be so out of whack that it would be yelled off stage as soon as it came out for being too glitchy.

sorry mate.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
flails have never been in video games for one main reason. they can't be coded to handle well with the game environment. especially in RPGs like TES, where they'd have to set up each links movement to connect with the next and not to mention sprinting and idle animations to look good, and you'd have to differ between animations and swinging, and then determine the hitboxes of the thing, which would probably be so out of whack that it would be yelled off stage as soon as it came out for being too glitchy.

sorry mate.
I was thinking the same thing. The whole concept of them just doesn't seem worth the effort to design.

livingdeath62

id like glaives like this implemented.
krull_glaive.jpg

Onyx

How about some ninja stars? I mean there ARE assassins in the games. Would be awesome if they could have enchantments as well. Who wouldnt be afraid of a ninja star on fire flying at you?!
Ninja Starts (or other Thrown weapons) would be nice and an alternative to the bow. We have Katana's so why not throwing stars? (or knives/axes/darts etc)

BlackRat

Ugh. No glaives. No throwing stars. This isn't Krull, and it's not a Ninja movie. I'd rather keep the "this would be so KEEEEWWWWWWLLL" stuff outta the game. The game, in my opinion, thrives on creating a living, breathing, believable fantasy world. Rare weapons should be RARE. I lke the mix, I find a lot of mundance weapons and so it should be.

The game has a Dark Ages/Medieval European feel with a fantasy twist... keep it that way. I cant stand the katanas... and never use them. The scimitars make sense... and I've only come across one so far, which is good, I just imagine they're imported by the Khajiit, and their rarity makes sense.

That said... I'd like to see crossbows (with realistic load times... no power gamer multi-clips, balance the long load times with an ease of aiming, which is pretty much what their place was in history anyways.) Spears and Pollaxes (halberds and the like...good reach, more or less useless in close), throwing knives.

Natural weapons! Khajiit and Argonian Claws.

Caltrops.Traps. I saw garottes mentioned, yes! (though I would hate to see the game devolve in to a "Manhunt" styled "how can I kill this guy!" game). .

Oh... and my single biggest request. Blowpipes. Poison + darts, plus silence. Awesome.

Onyx

Ugh. No glaives. No throwing stars. This isn't Krull, and it's not a Ninja movie. I'd rather keep the "this would be so KEEEEWWWWWWLLL" stuff outta the game. The game, in my opinion, thrives on creating a living, breathing, believable fantasy world. Rare weapons should be RARE. I lke the mix, I find a lot of mundance weapons and so it should be.

The game has a Dark Ages/Medieval European feel with a fantasy twist... keep it that way. I cant stand the katanas... and never use them. The scimitars make sense... and I've only come across one so far, which is good, I just imagine they're imported by the Khajiit, and their rarity makes sense.

That said... I'd like to see crossbows (with realistic load times... no power gamer multi-clips, balance the long load times with an ease of aiming, which is pretty much what their place was in history anyways.) Spears and Pollaxes (halberds and the like...good reach, more or less useless in close), throwing knives.

Caltrops.Traps. I saw garottes mentioned, yes! (though I would hate to see the game devolve in to a "Manhunt" styled "how can I kill this guy!" game). .

Oh... and my single biggest request. Blowpipes. Poison + darts, plus silence. Awesome.

I understand your point about some of the more exotic weapons, however in regards to the Katana it does fit as they (like Scimitar's) are also imported from a different continent (Akavir) which is why they are rare and only found because the blades originally came from Akavir, so there is a reason they are included.

As such, from a "realism" (for lack of a better term) other, more exotic weapons could be explained as coming from other continents/places (like Akavir).

Still see your point about more "European/Nordic" type weapons as that is the setting but I still want my claws for my assassin (won't get em but still want em) :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts