What was your first (or only) character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
Tell me about them. Race? Gender? Special Perks? Reason for picking them? I was a sneaky thieving Khajiit, male, who was a beast at archery. I never really used the night vision that came with him but I took advantage of the extra sneak points that came stock. I made some noob mistakes as far as perks go but as of right now I'm level 44 and completed the main quest, Dark Botherhood, Thieves Guild, and the Companions lol. Not the greatest planner when it comes to building the skills of my character but I'm happy with how things have turned out :)

When I first got it, I made somebody but I forgot to save after getting to Riverwood and I let my friend play, so I lost the save.

So I guess my REAL first character was my Imperial Paladin.

I chose Imperial because it sounded cooler than Nord... I didn't intend to be a Paladin, but I became one because I was really bad at melee at the time and I didn't employ strategy or time my strikes, so restoration was just a must have to keep me alive. I played on Novice, too. -.-

I've made loads more since then, but I recently deleted my original Imperial Pally, because I never used him, and I had become a vampire and was too lazy to fix it. He was only level 15, though.

Now I have a level 20 Mage, a Level 12 Assassin, and I'm working on a High Elf Warrior.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Breton Spellsword. I don't know why. I just like Bretons. Of course I have a tendency to replay the same character over and over more than actually do a full play through with any new characters. I think I want to be a Khajiit next time.

From left to right, the evolution of my Breton character with mods. The ears in the final one are meant to illustrate that she's a werewolf, of course it's just a wearable ear mod.
character_evolution.png

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
I was a khajiit assassian my first playthrough. I chose khajiit because i never really played them in the other ES games. He of course had perk mistakes and he ended up being more of a jack of all trades character. Did every questline with that cat

sticky runes

I picked a male redguard, because when i was flicking through the editor, redguards seemed to be the most attractive looking race, and seemed more exotic than the other human races. I was starting a new game set in a world I had never seen before where everything was going to be new to me, so I didn't want to be a "local" character, thought it would be best to play as a foreigner, but I still wanted my first time to be human.

My skill perks were all over the place, but I wasn't trying to be a thief or assassin, because I was never a fan of stealth gaming, and I didn't want to be a pure mage because I'm used to RPGs where magic has limits and weapons can be used forever. I was mainly trying to be a warrior who occasionally used magic. I do go back to him now and then, and i have maxed out his smithing and enchanting. He's also my best two handed weapons wielder (I almost never touch 2 handed weapons with any of my other characters)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
A female dunmer thief and archer named Zaldran. She was pretty amazing, and I went all the way through the main story with her. However, I wasn't as completionist as I might like with my first play through, so I made a second character Kalin. To experience something different from stealth/archery, I went mage. Then I played the game into the floor, ground out 81 levels and did more or less anything that needed doing.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
A warrior/assassin/thief named Felix the Cat. He wore heavy armor and used dual daggers and a bow, and was named after another Khajiit playthrough I saw (which was ironically a pacifist build.) Felix was pretty overpowered, and could kill everyone in a room without being seen, but could just as easily stand up and slaughter everyone he wanted in direct combat. For my first character, I picked my perks quite well (maybe too well) and Felix ended after he killed the emperor, returned the Thieves Guild to glory, almost killed Alduin, butchered numerous others, communed with Daedra, and became the Khajiit equivalent of Talos by doing the impossible and reading the Oghma Infinium numerous times until he became invulnerable.:p

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Skyrim was my first ES, so when i before i bought it, i searched for screenshots of the new races..Orcs seemed the coolest to me, so when i got it i made an Alpha Orc Sword 'n' Board. I can't really remember his name..I think it might of been Gilbe'Jay lol.

rittz

My first was a Bosmer archer. I got pretty far with her, but I accidentally saved over her file. I was so sad. lol I replaced her with a Nord archer (also female, appearance designed after Scarlett Johansson because she's a babe) who is level 81, a vampire, and has completed all of the major quest lines except the College of Winterhold and Companions quests. I really love the sneak + archery combo, it's so ridonkulously lethal.

Now I'm working on a Redguard character designed after Akasha from Queen of the Damned. I only just created her, and I'm muddling out what her skillset should be. I'm thinking of illusion + sneak + dagger with the assassin's blade perk.

Niq

A Male Nord, who got confused whether or not he wanted to be a one hander or two... So i kind of wasted points in both and never really got very good at either! I then proceded in the error of leveling his smithing too high, so any enemy he came across would smush him... not quite like the dragonborn i dreamt of after watching the trailer!

but still, i live and i learn (he does'nt though)

Oren74

Male, Nord, Sword and Board Warrior. I almost always roll with a character like this for an RPG. Seems like any game, all the way back to Everquest (Paladin), WoW, Oblivion, Pool of Radiance, etc etc etc, this type of character does well.

On the flip side, magic based characters are always a struggle.

Theives/Assassin's can be hit or miss. I believe Skyrim's Theif class is the best of any game I've played due to them being melee capable.

Why do I pick this type of character? I enjoy games more when I don't die all the time. And like I said, sword and board warrior seems to always do well in this category.

KattSand

Premium Member
Skyrim was my first elder scroll game so I didn't really know what I was doing at first, wasted a lot of perks on stuff I never used. My first character was a nord male, had some trouble picking a weapon of choice for that one, ended up focusing on one-handed, being swedish and all I figured it would fit me to play as a viking badass (as robbaz, for those of you who know that name, would say) :D

I did get more into the whole roleplaying aspect after learning more about the elder scrolls series and have created many characters since my first and found out that I enjoy archery the most so I play as a wood elf right now.

Windcutter

Screw the rules, I have money!
A female Wood Elf. I thought the Bosmer looked charming due to their exotic looks and short height, and they are supposedly good at archery. Can't say her archery skills got that far, but at least she's insanely good with a sword and shield since I wasted most of my points on block and one-handed. Also, I never bothered to use the Command Animal ability that comes with being a Bosmer.

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
A female Wood Elf. I thought the Bosmer looked charming due to their exotic looks and short height, and they are supposedly good at archery. Can't say her archery skills got that far, but at least she's insanely good with a sword and shield since I wasted most of my points on block and one-handed. Also, I never bothered to use the Command Animal ability that comes with being a Bosmer.
Haha I'm playing a Wood Elf archer now too :p gotta say, it's so much better going into 3rd person and not seeing that stupid tail hanging out of all my armor :D

Raetac

Youtube Adventurer
I was a sneaky thieving Khajiit, male, who was a beast at archery.

That was exactly the same as my first character, after I finished the main questline I retired him . It's odd the feeling that a character is "done".

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
I chose a Khajiit simply for the sheer amount of badassery. Then I figured I'd be a thief, because that's what Khajiit are known for. Then I found magic and thought that was pretty badass, so I did that. Then I sucked, so I enchanted my sword and became a badass spellsword. Then I played another character that was a warrior and he was badass, and was super overpowered. Then I went back to my khajiit to make him into a warrior, and realised it was too late to be a badass warrior. Then I bought Dawnguard when it came out, and became a badass vampire lord. Now I don't play him, because he sucks.

Saozig

Hippy
Since I had literally just gotten back into console gaming after years of playing only PC games, I played it safe and chose an Imperial. Made tons of stupid n00b mistakes with her. She was a good spellsword type of character for close combat, but she was terrible at archery. I mean, really terrible. Having me still getting used to a Xbox controller wasn't helping either. :p She was pretty sucky with destruction magic at a distance too--at best she could shock a dragon enough to annoy it and get it to land, where she could attack it up close. (My Breton characters were way better at dragonslaying, as their archery skills were better, and they could use both range and close attacks as needed, rather than try to get the dragon to land first, although it would get TOO easy sometimes, especially at higher levels.)

My current Redguard character is the first one I've played that is actually good at destruction magic, although her restoration spells seem weak after playing 3 different Breton characters and a Wood Elf. makes me want to try a Dunmer or Altmer character and try to play as a pure mage, especially since I like the College of Winterhold quest line. (I think killing Arcano as a Dunmer potentially could be quite satisfying!)

Dust651

Wizard
My one and only character is level 81 imperial wizard (in my avatar). I will never start the game from beginning again or make another character just because he is best character I can have.

Ned

Nerevarine
My only character currently is my level 81 Nord male, Ned.

His play style is the same I've been using since Morrowind. A hybrid sword and board warrior/sneak archer in heavy armor. The perk system in Skyrim made for some very tough choices in my perk trees with so many perks going to crafting and armor, but I have enough perks in the sneak, archery, 1 hand and shield trees to still be effective at all of them.

Basically, I can run in swinging my sword, decapitating dudes and eating everything thrown at me, or I can sneak around slitting throats and sniping dudes from across the cavern.

I don't ever need to sneak as I have a shield, max armor and max magic resist, but I do it for fun. My play style is all about having a choice.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts