Quest What Race do you play in Skyrim? w/ Poll (Remake)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What Race are You?

• Imperial

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Reguard

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Breton

Votes: 25 12.3%
  • Nord

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • Orc

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • High Elf

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Dark Elf

Votes: 24 11.8%
  • Wood Elf

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Argonian

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Khajiit

Votes: 29 14.2%

• Total voters

Ren

I don't have the game yet but already have my first character planned out. It will be a male breton paladin-like character. He will be a Sword n Board warrior for the most part, but will use restoration regularly. He will wear heavy armor and will have a very high magic resistance. I'll go for the magic resistance perk in the alteration perk tree, and he will use some alteration for some added defense. I would appreciate comments/suggestions on my build as well.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#28352

I have two characters.

My first is a Nord female ''Haal Fos Fen Krent''. Her name meaning, ''Hand Will Be Broken'' in dragon language.

Her back story is that she was a prostitute in Morrowind and then Cyrodiil. She was treated poorly by both Dunmer barons and Imperial soldiers alike. She was finally beaten and raped by an Imperial captain. He held his hand over her mouth so she couldn't scream. In self defence she killed him and decided to leave his blood stained hand print on her mouth, as she knew she was forever changed and decided to accept this. Cutting herself each day to renew the original stain.

She tried to escape back to her old homeland of Skyrim but was caught crossing the border. Shortly later she discovered she is Dragonborn and finally understands her original name and her destiny.

My second is an Imperial Bounty Hunter. He shoots stuff, likes money and does a little too much unrefined Moon Sugar.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
I would much rather play an Nord, but it just doesn't fit as an assassin/thief. Therefore, I go with the slightly odd-looking, yet still reasonably badass, Khajiit. I voted for Nord though, as that will be what I use for my Badass unarmed viking class, my Badass Sword and Shield Viking class, and my Badass two-handed weapon viking class.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I don't have the game yet but already have my first character planned out. It will be a male breton paladin-like character. He will be a Sword n Board warrior for the most part, but will use restoration regularly. He will wear heavy armor and will have a very high magic resistance. I'll go for the magic resistance perk in the alteration perk tree, and he will use some alteration for some added defense. I would appreciate comments/suggestions on my build as well.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#28352

From experience and playing this game an assload; This is my opinion as a Paladin class since if you are going to go for this; you'll end up getting that. type of deal; Also since you didn't know since you don't have the game yet; Dragonplate is actually 2nd best armor; Daedric is still king for heavy through skills and armor rating scaling. Dragonscale the Light armor is best for light armor however so sadly Glass was knocked to #2. Trust me on this build and you'll be unbreakable. http://skyrimcalculator.com/#28408

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I have two characters.

My first is a Nord female ''Haal Fos Fen Krent''. Her name meaning, ''Hand Will Be Broken'' in dragon language.

Her back story is that she was a prostitute in Morrowind and then Cyrodiil. She was treated poorly by both Dunmer barons and Imperial soldiers alike. She was finally beaten and raped by an Imperial captain. He held his hand over her mouth so she couldn't scream. In self defence she killed him and decided to leave his blood stained hand print on her mouth, as she knew she was forever changed and decided to accept this. Cutting herself each day to renew the original stain.

She tried to escape back to her old homeland of Skyrim but was caught crossing the border. Shortly later she discovered she is Dragonborn and finally understands her original name and her destiny.

My second is an Imperial Bounty Hunter. He shoots stuff, likes money and does a little too much unrefined Moon Sugar.

Interesting story; quite detailed and colored. :D

Ren

From experience and playing this game an assload; This is my opinion as a Paladin class since if you are going to go for this; you'll end up getting that. type of deal; Also since you didn't know since you don't have the game yet; Dragonplate is actually 2nd best armor; Daedric is still king for heavy through skills and armor rating scaling. Dragonscale the Light armor is best for light armor however so sadly Glass was knocked to #2. Trust me on this build and you'll be unbreakable. http://skyrimcalculator.com/#28408
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to remember that. Aren't you only allowed to get 50 perks, though?

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to remember that. Aren't you only allowed to get 50 perks, though?

no the max is 79 perks, aka level 80. Usually level doesn't really get slow until the 60's.

I believe NPC's cap at the 50's

Ren

no the max is 79 perks, aka level 80. Usually level doesn't really get slow until the 60's.

I believe NPC's cap at the 50's
Well that helps out a lot. Thanks for the information!

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Well that helps out a lot. Thanks for the information!

You are greatly welcome, and you'll love skyrim soon as you get it. It's easily the best game of the year.

VictoireXII

Crazed Skyrim Photographer
I'm now playing a Imperial for my Imperial playthrough, I will play my Nord for my second playthrough, which will be a Stormcloak playthrough.

Cycoon

I, as a naturally defensive player, went with Breton. I still have just one character, but I'm focusing all my effort on him. He's a mage/frontliner, but I would hesitate to call him a Battlemage. I still use robes for now, but once I start getting my enchanting up to 60+, that will change.

I just love conjuration. :p Summoning up a Frost Atronoch, and then equiping Fast Healing on the left, and Conjure Bound Sword on the right... it's my favorite. >:D

RobinHood3000

Argonian, by tradition. My first Morrowind character was an Argonian, and since then, my first character in each new game has been the same. Waterbreathing is incredibly convenient.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Argonian, by tradition. My first Morrowind character was an Argonian, and since then, my first character in each new game has been the same. Waterbreathing is incredibly convenient.

It is very convenient, Don't forgot the new Histskin for tough situations and you want to avoid dmg for a few seconds for a full regenerate. Not many Argonian fans out there it seems; I like the beast races but the theme and style I go for has always been of the Magic: The Gathering guilds out of the Ravnica series; Orzhov and Rakdos are my favorites. hence my signature characters.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I'm now playing a Imperial for my Imperial playthrough, I will play my Nord for my second playthrough, which will be a Stormcloak playthrough.

So far I have only played Imperial side both characters here; I prefer it after seeing some stuff about the Stormcloaks; I greatly Dislike them eitherway, Racist Barbarians who are narrowminded.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I, as a naturally defensive player, went with Breton. I still have just one character, but I'm focusing all my effort on him. He's a mage/frontliner, but I would hesitate to call him a Battlemage. I still use robes for now, but once I start getting my enchanting up to 60+, that will change.

I just love conjuration. :p Summoning up a Frost Atronoch, and then equiping Fast Healing on the left, and Conjure Bound Sword on the right... it's my favorite. >:D

I like to see that; avoiding the conformity of Battlemages and keeping it traditional. Some might say my Orc Priest/Warrior below is a Battlemage but he's merely a Beserker with a touch of Magic to keep his Daedric/Demonic Fanaticism entwined.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Especially how Ebonflesh + Mage Armor 3/3 can provide 350+ Armor Rating + Lord Stone + Magic Resist from Breton and Alteration Perk; can make you a very durable Wizard.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Wow, Khajiit, Dark Elves and Bretons are catching up to the Nords! :D

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
lol, got a bad case of the alt-itis. I scrapped my high elf character because I couldn't really get into him, I hate the high elves.

Started a new Breton conjurer last night. I'm only level 10 right now after a few hours of play but everything is coming together nicely and working very well. I wear heavy armor, including a shield. I start every fight by summoning a flame atronach, then use the stoneflesh alteration spell for the extra 60 armor, then conjure a bound sword. I have enough magic I can do one right after the other without delay so it doesn't take as long as it sounds.

I'm not up to 50 yet in conjuration or alteration, so I've only been using those apprentice level spells for now, but I haven't had much difficulty and it works out anyway because I wouldn't have enough magic yet to cast 3 adept level spells in a row without any delay. I'll continue to pump magic heavily though so I can use more powerful conjuration and alteration spells in conjunction with one another as my character levels up.

I don't use smithing or enchanting, so the extra 60 armor on top of the heavy armor I have access to at early levels (steel right now) makes a huge difference and with mystic binding, the conjured sword is as powerful as a daedric sword, which is a lot more powerful than the best weapons available right now (orcish).

All in all, conjuration and alteration so far is, and seems like it will continue to be, a very fun combination and worth trying if anyone wants to try something different. Though if you're someone who rushes to get the best armor and weapons straight away via smithing, the conjured weapons and the alteration armor spells wouldn't have the same appeal since the conjured weapons would be weaker than the ones you can make and the alteration armor spells would be worthless if you were already at the armor cap. Try it without using smithing for the best results.

Bretons are a good choice for the build because the alteration tree has valuable magic resistance perks that will stack with the Breton's starting 25% magic resistance and they also have the highest starting bonus to conjuration.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts