What do you play Skyrim on?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What do you play Skyrim on?

• Total voters

Seth

The Skrimmer
I don't know why but for some reason I presumed most people on these forums would be PC gamers. o_O

Grey Fox

PC for me as well. The control set-up may take a little getting used too but it's all I know and works great for me.

shadowofomioc

Just out of pure interest let's see how many of us use which console or PC on the forums. Also if you have a console and PC and have Skyrim on both which do you prefer to play on?

I have it on PS3 & on PC but I prefer just to play it on my PS3. I'm new to PC gaming so I haven't really gotten use to it just yet. :)

I play on my PC. I5-2400 @ 3.8Ghz. Radeon 6770 1GB DDR5 @ 950Mhz.
Can play full ultra with max AA and AF and max draw distances for everything along with the high resolution texture pack and run a steady 45-55FPS. 60+ within buildings and most dungeons.

Seth

The Skrimmer
Can play full ultra with max AA and AF and max draw distances for everything along with the high resolution texture pack and run a steady 45-55FPS. 60+ within buildings and most dungeons.

Recently got my new computer that was built for gaming ( so I was told by the sales man ), But I don't know about all these tweaks and fine tuning people talk about. Guess I'll have to start and look up on it. Your computer sounds great BTW.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
For now I play Skyrim on the Xbox. My brother bought me one for Christmas about 2 years ago. I figured it was time for me to start gaming again since I have on and off creative sparks with song writing. When I heard about Skyrim still being pre-ordered, I decided to use the money I have to invest into another game that I will potentially like.

Ever since the first day it was released, it's really been the only game that's made me keep playing non-stop. Of course I was irritated that I needed Xbox Live to download the first patch for Skyrim, but that was easily fixed with spending $30 on an ethernet cable. A number of my friends who play Skyrim happen to play it on the PC. I was curious to know why because I never had the money to make my computer solely for gaming. Then I found out just how much more you really can do on a PC compared to all the other consoles.

Maybe when I have enough cash, I will upgrade my computer to where it can play games like Skyrim.

shadowofomioc

Recently got my new computer that was built for gaming ( so I was told by the sales man ), But I don't know about all these tweaks and fine tuning people talk about. Guess I'll have to start and look up on it. Your computer sounds great BTW.

The 1.4 patch seems to have enhanced performance a good clip. Even with the high resolution texture pack active I'm running faster and smoother now then I did back in the older version. Was generally 32FPS while exploring but now I'm around 50FPS while exploring. A huge difference, especially for the game to be looking much better now then before.

As for your computer being " built " for gaming. I'd just have to see the specs really. I learned awhile ago that if you can, don't buy a store computer or retail and just build the thing yourself or try and find someone who could do it for you. Nowadays, building a desktop is pretty easy. Just have to pay attention to the motherboard manual for all the little connections that go here and there.

As for the tweaks and enhancements. It is real easy now with the Workshop going. You just Subscribe, and it automatically downloads when you load the game. Hit Data Files and your able to turn on and off different mods by checking and unchecking.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
PC. To me playing Skyrim on a gaming console would be like dating a model and putting a paper bag over his head. :p

Console commands allow you to get past almost any bug or glitch. They also let you nail down game mechanics (pretty much everything that is published on the internet by players about them is ultimately sourced from the PC player community).

Mods, mods oh btw did I mention mods?:)

Without mods it surpasses gaming consoles in terms of graphics quality and when you put in the mods for ice, water, foliage, skies, people etc. it just becomes a visual orgasm that leaves gaming consoles in the dust in terms of eye candy.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Recently got my new computer that was built for gaming ( so I was told by the sales man )....
Computer sales people can often be about as trustworthy as your stereotypical car salesman. An astounding number of them don't have a clue. It usually takes me about 5 minutes of conversation with one to determine if they are full of it. You're much better off taking your time and educating yourself about specs by posting on sites like Tom's Hardware to get informative opinions on how good a rig's specs really are and what really matters for PC game performance.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I don't know why but for some reason I presumed most people on these forums would be PC gamers. o_O

So did I. Oh well.

Oh my god... that's a serious beast of a machine. XD

Tiger_Wolff

I picked up a ps3 to play skyrim. My comp to old for the game. A friend of mine installs sound systems in million dollar homes and just finished building his new 6 processor, water cooled comp. With a 1200 dollar monitor for next to nothing, because it was broken. He fixed it and asked me to check out skyrim on his new system. Blows my ps3 away. Eye candy performance just insane.

JediMedik

Xbox. Always on xbox. If i wanna play a game, I wanna play it now n' not have the faff involved with playing on a pc.

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer
PC. On my 2+ year old laptop that has never been modified. Somehow its capable of playing Skyrim! And it plays well, too. Only started getting the tiniest bit of lag in movement control/response after installing the high-res texture pack. I'm just ridiculously that my laptop meets (and even exceeds some of) the minimum requirements!

Kuurus

PC number has made a comeback. I suspect that early on in the poll, all the PC users were at work while the xbox users were home in the middle of the day. ;):p

p.s. - Before anyone gets too upset, those little faces mean I am KIDDING!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts