What do you play Skyrim on?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What do you play Skyrim on?

• Total voters

Seth

The Skrimmer
Just out of pure interest let's see how many of us use which console or PC on the forums. Also if you have a console and PC and have Skyrim on both which do you prefer to play on?

I have it on PS3 & on PC but I prefer just to play it on my PS3. I'm new to PC gaming so I haven't really gotten use to it just yet. :)

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
xbizzle for shizzle

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
PS3. I picked it a few years ago because I had a PS2 and some PS2 and PS1 games, and because it's the more powerful console.

I don't actually even have a PC powerful enough for Skyrim's minimum requirements. :/ I really need a job, but this is Nevada. You see my problem. >.< I wanna be able to use some of those mods so badly though...

S

SynnerLarkie

god seth you slacker i found it with no help from you!

PS3 ftw

Kuurus

I play everything on PC. I have for almost 20 years. I haven't owned a console since Sega Genesis. (Well, we have an xbox, but that's for the kids, I don't touch it.)

I am way more comfortable with a keyboard and mouse than a controller. Movement, aiming and hotkeys are just second nature on that setup. The fact that there are things exclusive to the PC like mods and the console are just a bonus and I'd prefer the PC even without them.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
aiming is better on the pc w/ a mouse but i prefer a controller for movement

Seth

The Skrimmer
I play everything on PC. I have for almost 20 years. I haven't owned a console since Sega Genesis. (Well, we have an xbox, but that's for the kids, I don't touch it.)

I am way more comfortable with a keyboard and mouse than a controller. Movement, aiming and hotkeys are just second nature on that setup. The fact that there are things exclusive to the PC like mods and the console are just a bonus and I'd prefer the PC even without them.

I really want to get into playing on the PC mainly for the mods and console command like you say, I just find using the mouse & keyboard really awkward and it doesn't really feel as smooth compared to using a controller. I know can use controllers with PC but even then I'm not sure if I could get into it, Guess I'm too used to using my PS3 controller now I guess.

Kuurus

I really want to get into playing on the PC mainly for the mods and console command like you say, I just find using the mouse & keyboard really awkward and it doesn't really feel as smooth compared to using a controller. I know can use controllers with PC but even then I'm not sure if I could get into it, Guess I'm too used to using my PS3 controller now I guess.
It's all what you're used to of course. For me, no controller can replace the comfort of WASD keys and a mouse for navigation. The other benefit is of course the graphics and zero lag or loading times, which is probably even more important to me than the controls. I'd get sick of the game quickly I think if I had to spend time looking at a loading screen. I have zero patience, lol.

k1ng r4t

Definitely on PC, but I hope this doesn't turn into a fanboy rumble!

I've also been a PC gamer most of my life. Was playing Taipei on my Windows comp back in 1990 as a 2 year old, have been loyal since. Sure I spent at least 15 of those years playing on a POS where I played almost every game on the lowest of settings and still had stuttering, but I didn't care: I did it for the experience. Once I finally became old enough to get a well paying job, I bought this rig about a year ago and haven't stopped gaming since. Like Kur said, mods are just a bonus, it's the PC that I just love playing.

Really I only have ONE complaint with PC over consoles, and that's movement. Though I think moving/strafing + aiming is infinitely easier on a PC, for most games there isn't a way to slowly "increase/decrease" movement. For instance, you can't just lightly press a key like you would slightly move the stick/DPad/whatever to move slower than normal. You either move or you don't. This is mostly just an issue in stealth games, and generally games cater to this fact, but I'd still love to truly creep up on baddies instead of walking normal speed and killing them. But the great thing about next gen consoles is the controllers are wireless and can pretty much just be turned on and checked to use on a PC. Gotta love the future...

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I'm on the box. Never been a PC gamer. Have a ps3 but its just a bluray player now.