What difficulty(s) setting do you play on?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dra247gon

I am The Lord of Arcane
What difficulty setting do you play on?

I play on Adept mostly but, when I want a challenge I play on Expert! :p

Note/Tip: Did you know that the difficulty Multiplier's are?

Player Damage Dealt, Player Damage Taken
Novice 2x 0.5x
Apprentice 1.5x 0.75x
Adept 1x 1x
Expert 0.75x 1.5x
Master 0.5x 2x

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com, give it a try

Hard to Believe

One of the most humblest of Bretons
I play master, and if those multipliers are true, i didn't want to know.

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Master with the Requiem mod.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
adept, I do have two bretons I play with on Expert though.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
I think mine is currently on adept, but I usually switch back and forth between master and novice depending on who I'm fighting or whether I want to try and level up more quickly. :)

Wildroses

Master. I find it's the best way of dealing with OP issues in my playstyle.

Edit: Which AS88 below me got completely correct as I can't break my crafting addiction. I can avoid smithing and enchanting, but I'll never be able to drop my beloved alchemy.

AS88

Staff member
Expert, generally. I've played Skyrim since it's release, and started on Adept (Skyrim was my first real RPG game), but bumped it up to Expert after a few months. I think Master is more suitable for players who prefer to ermmm.. make the most of the crafting possibilities. :p I've only ever had two characters get to level 100 in any of the crafting skills, and after playing multiple characters at around the level 50 mark, I think that Expert is usually the most suitable. Without crafting, I feel as though fighting enemies that are always 4x more potent than you (in theory) is only reasonable in certain RP circumstances, for example, a travelling bard with little combat experience, or a lowly scavenger.

I have played on Master at higher levels, though. Some of the more powerful builds, ie high level x30 multiplier assassins, illusion mages or tanking blacksmiths are sometimes more suitable for playing on Master.

Twiffle

Grrrr, this subject really gets my blood boiling, so i will refrain from sharing my views about big headed arrogant 'Master' players, who think they are so much better than us minions who enjoy the game on Adept.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Alternate between adept and master. Without crafting, master is almost impossible imho. I use adept for more solo gladitorial purposes. Neither side gets buffed or nerfed. I also play on master just as much if not more, especially when spectating.

Staff member
Grrrr, this subject really gets my blood boiling, so i will refrain from sharing my views about big headed arrogant 'Master' players, who think they are so much better than us minions who enjoy the game on Adept.
No one is bashing your playstyle, nor is anyone claiming to be better than you (though I don't know why it matters since it's a game).

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I normally play on Adept, simply because I rarely use crafting, only alchemy usually and I use destruction a lot, which is underpowered on adept, on master destruction just isn't viable at all.
I've never tried expert but I have played master, in my playstyle I rarely get hit, so all master does is force me to take twice as long to kill every enemy and get 1 shotted by arrows and ice spikes. I just find it really tedious, and it makes crafting and exploiting spell costs more of a must.

Invader Vin

I've become accustomed to playing on Master difficulty exclusively no matter which sort of character I use and I also use the Deadly Dragons and Enhanced High Level Gameplay mods to make the game a bit more difficult as well. I'm actually looking forward to the new Legendary difficulty setting coming out. I know I could opt in to the beta patch and play Legendary mode if I wanted but I'd rather wait for updates to the mods I use first before I go and do that.

Andre2807

I started out on Novice. With a stealth archer. Now I play with Adept setting and leave it at that. The amount of equal fights I get is a lot of fun.

sticky runes

I spend most of the time playing novice or apprentice. Depends what level the character is. If I find I've accumulated a sh!t load of healing potions, then I'll raise the difficulty to adept or expert.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I play on Adept until my characters level into their late teens and start finding/crafting solid gear & picking up combat perks.

From then on I play entirely on Master.

Staff member
What will be the conditions of Legendary difficulty? NPCs doing twice the damage while we do half already seems extreme enough.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts