What difficulty(s) setting do you play on?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I play on Adept exclusively. This is simply because Master gets tedious with how ridiculously long it takes to kill the enemies.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I just start on adept and keep bumping it up so that it is still challenging but not hair pulling.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I start off between novice and adept, until I get halfway decent armor and perks. After I get a good foot hold and the fights seem easier I'll bump it up to expert. I'll stay on expert until I get my smithing and enchanting to 100, and get the rest of the perks I want. After the fighting gets easy again I put it on master. By the time I hit master I was level 68 with legendary double enchanted gear, with very planned out perk choices.

I just keep a steady balance between not to hard and not too easy.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Master. Soon, Legendary. I play all my games...be it Command and Conquers, Total War games, Dawn of War, etc. on hard difficulty. Not because I'm some genius at games, but because it gives me more satisfaction and I feel more...I don't know maybe at ease? Content? At having spent $49.99-$69.99 for a game. Makes me feel better about my investment.

Twiffle

oooo legendary setting,, i so cant wait to read all the PC players harping on about the mods etc to make it even harder, , i heard one PC player turns the monitor off to make it really hard, , ,, , ,

just kiddin

Chadonraz

I finally decided to up the difficulty, and started a new character on Adept. :D
The stupid spider in Bleak Falls Barrow took ages to kill. I shot one arrow, ran away, waited for the sneak eye to close, and went back to do it all over again, and again...

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I finally decided to up the difficulty, and started a new character on Adept. :D
The stupid spider in Bleak Falls Barrow took ages to kill. I shot one arrow, ran away, waited for the sneak eye to close, and went back to do it all over again, and again...
My advice: stamina potions, strafing around it in circles, and a lot of shieldbashes. Frostbite spiders are uberhard to ddodge for me until I get that slow down time block perk.

Adam Belmont

I play on Expert. I just don't see any advantage in playing on master (but I did play it for a while for experience). In Expert I have fun and challenge in good proportion for me.

Clau

The Fateless One
Now I want to experience starting a game in legendary difficulty.

Dashmiel

My settings depend on character and build. On my current favorite, a vampire lord build, I play in Master while in my normal form since the armor cap and medium resistances I allow myself make it a reasonable challenge in my opinion, where if I meet more than two high tier enemies I'll have to strategize and heal intelligently or die. Not to mention Legendary Dragons. Oh god Legendary Dragons. Bastards almost make me want to exploit to the stratosphere just to show them how it feels to be unfair sometimes.

While in Vampire Lord form, I absolutely have to play in Expert. Even with the decent scaling of Vampire Lords as opposed to say, Werewolves (Not much fun for me trying to raid a bandit camp at high levels with no armor rating whatsoever) it's still too erratic for my tastes. A Bandit Chief will slash away a whole third of my health, while the next tier down will tickle, and arrows seem to be made of depleted uranium. It wouldn't be so bad if the Drain Health spell was more balanced in the Absorb/Damage Health ratio, but sadly I play on a PS3 and can't take advantage of the wonderful mods out there.

I play in novice because I like combat to feel real. If you get hit with a sword you're going to fall pretty quickly.

Invader Vin

Now I want to experience starting a game in legendary difficulty.

I know, this is what has me seriously considering deleting my main character--a character I've spent 130 hours on--and restarting all over again. I'm hoping even wolves will be dangerous.

Clau

The Fateless One
I know, this is what has me seriously considering deleting my main character--a character I've spent 130 hours on--and restarting all over again. I'm hoping even wolves will be dangerous.

Yeah, I plan on sticking first with the build that I am most comfortable to play with and that is the assassin type. Second legendary new game, I plan on playing the build that I struggle with: the mage.

Chadonraz

I have discovered that Adept is perfect for me. I do get killed more often than I did on Novice (obviously), but it's actually much more fun to play now that I'm not one-hitting so many enemies. Bandit Thugs and Outlaws actually present a challenge, even with my Superior Steel Greatsword and level 16 character. :)

I totally skipped Apprentice, by the way. :D

Abyssion

I play the game on expert but I also use the Duel-Combat Realism mod just to make the battles slightly more strategic in the way you time your strikes and use your stamina. The Deadly Dragons mod set on expert too, just to make the dragon battles more of a intense/harrowing experience but also hugely rewarding :D Immersion FTW!

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Used to play on Master, then got pissed that we actually get to deal half the damage. Just cooked up some custom difficulty, mixing Master (damage taken) and Adept (damage dealt).

It is cool to take massive damage, but when you need 150 hits with your legendary sword to take down that bandit it does become tedious, and since I actually use conjured weapons... well, you get me.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I do play on Expert - Master bc my weapon / armors and item are enchanted at very high level, so to balance out, I prefer to play on those difficult settings. It is still challenge regardless of my God mode though !

Stone

Retired Moderator
I always play on Novice. I'm too lazy to play a challenge. :p