What are you currently listening to?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

devildriver1134

Currently entranced by The Ocean(Collective). Specifically their upcoming concept album "Pelagial", which is a 53 Minute-long piece meant to be heard in its entirety whose sound begins at the surface of the ocean and explores each of the different levels in sound and feel. If you watch the studio updates, I find it absolutely amazing that the album started as an instrumental but they decided, after the current vocalist had been given medical clearance, to add vocals and create another layer to the album. It's also great to watch the vocal process, as they bring Loic(the vocalist) in and he begins by figuring out vocal melodies to flow with the song, going as far as singing gibberish over the instrumental, and subsequently adding lyrics based off of the instrumental and vocal melodies combined.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
One of their best b-sides from "I'm With You". The riff is simple but funky as hell once it kicks off at 0:57,

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'm actually friends with one of the girls in this band (Exist Tracee), so I have to represent. It's the girl on the far left 30 seconds in, playing guitar. Her name's Miko. Unfortunately, I don't think she's in the band anymore, so I can finally say that I think they could be better. :D Don't tell her.

SkyrimFreak

I'm listening to a remix of the theme song of Skyrim which seems to be based off of the Morrowind theme song... I think I like this more than the actual song :p

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Camille Saint-Saëns is not my favourite composer, but I just love this! I bet most of you know this one.. It's called Danse Macabre (annyone here who listens to classical music?)

Oh, and you might want to skip the first 15 seconds of the video since that's just silence :\

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Camille Saint-Saëns is not my favourite composer, but I just love this! I bet most of you know this one.. It's called Danse Macabre (annyone here who listens to classical music?)

Oh, and you might want to skip the first 15 seconds of the video since that's just silence :\

Sounds familiar, but that title says enough.. I don't like it.. but I don't listen to classical music. It gets on my nerves.

I thought its supposed to be calming and soothing, and for some people it is calming and soothing. But for me, nah. I get irritated by such music..

This is stuck in my head since I saw Wreck-it Ralph:

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Thanks to Gunnbjorn, I rediscovered this track:

Awesome stuff!

Dallas-Arbiter

Something a bit different, first as usual for me I like to include a little history lesson, because some of the stuff I post is pretty obscure:

In late October 1966, the newly formed and completely unknown The Jimi Hendrix Experience was booked on a two week tour of France with Johnny Halliday (known as the French Elvis). While in France Jimi Hendrix heard this song, and later they decided to record a demo version, without lyrics, since the original song is French.

So here is "La Poupee Qui Fait Non" which roughly translates to "The Doll That Is Not" or "The Doll That Does Not".
And the Original:

BTW, Did you notice that the intro sounds like the intro for Paradise City.

Dallas-Arbiter

One more, and another history lesson.

This is "Little One". It's probably the oddest Hendrix song you'll ever hear. Jimi of course did all the guitar parts, and Dave Mason, who was a good friend of Hendrix's who was also in a band called Traffic did the bass parts and Sitar, Jimi attempted to play the Sitar, and failed horribly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts