What are some... Funny glitches you've encountered?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Unit7

I had an odd glitch rather amusing. I was doing some dungeon thing and I jumped off this ledge. I fell straight through the floor and ended up at the begining of the cave.

You know how Dragons will crash land? i was fighting on a mountain, for one of the word walls, and crash lands... right into the mountain. I don't think it was that low of health. The poor dragon got stuck like that for a little while and I was safely able to just shoot some arrows at him.

Of course you can't beat the Mammoth falling from the sky. It's so random.

Oh I once dupilcated a Mammoth... I think. A few days ago I was near the giant camp west of whiterun. I had just learned the awesomeness of Soul Tear(watching two giants fight and then having one of them fly to the moon? HILLARIOUS.) Anyways I thought I'd try to replicate this.

Well it didn't work out to well. So i spent the next ten or so minutes running for my life and shooting the giants and mammoths. I kill one of the mammoth... come to think of it. I may not have duplicated the mammoth. Anyways

I can't quite remember what I did. I either managed to fast travel to the giant camp(I wasn't that far away) or I waited. I don't think I should have been able to. But oh well. When I look around there is the last Mammoth... only it had a friend on it's back.

Aside from seeing a elk deer thing rise to the surface of the water. I can't think of any other amusing glitches. The elk and water one wasn't all that funny also. Just kinda amusing to watch.

I did however recently discover on the PC that you can get giant cabbage... Not really a glitch. But if you use the Console to set the scale higher, and then pick the cabbage up afterwards(Though you might beable to just set the scale while its in your inventory) and then drop the cabbage... you get a bigass cababe... same with other items. Sometimes it doesn't work and you gotta keep picking it back up and dropping it.

Sothiss

So, I was walking down the road on my way to the next quest when I heard rustling and the sound of Faendal drawing his bow. So I turned around, ready to fight, and I swear by the nine you will never guess what was trying to sneak up on us:
A dead conjurer sliding down the road on his back at full force, who then proceeded to pass us and travel across the bridge in the same position before disappearing.

And the best part was seeing Faendal get so antsy over it, like magic people were falling from the sky trying to kill him.

Neutralizor

Mine happened no less than five minutes ago. :p

I was walking around in the Rift looking for things to kill, when I heard a wolf. I waited, and nothing came out, so I continued. I was (I think) south of Black Briar Manor when I attacked and killed two bandits. That's when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was a small, dark shape sprinting towards me. My follower started going into a battle stance, and then I saw the small shape rise up into the sky a bit.

It was the wolf. Something had happened that made it float like I activated it. I laughed a good five minutes. xD

What are your funny glitch stories? :)
I was walking around in some random village when i suddenly saw Skjor walking in the ground even though he was supposed to be dead and now he has also returned to Jorrvaskr :D

DB Assassin

Not a glitch, but it was funny. I trapped Odahviing in Dragonsreach, and the first thing he said was 'Yol'. I misread it as 'Lol'. I thought it was funny, just imagining the dragon being held captive and all he has to say is 'Lol'.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
This one time, I accepted the bounty pay option after commiting a crime, then mounted my horse. I spawned outside Dragonsreach in the horse riding animation, but on the ground and horseless. I also did the same thing with jumping. Both fixed upon fast travel, sadly.
So you were basically squating to take a dump? XD

I had a glitch while getting a carriage to Riften. I tried to climb on the back, but my character just stood still, and when it travelled to Riften, I was stuck in 3rd person and couldn't turn. Somehow I managed to get on a horse, when I found I could only turn while on a horse. I ended up frantically getting on/off the horse until I had spoken to the Carriage Driver and got in the back again XD It was so weird!

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
My game is just being a barrel of laughs this time. Here's my follower Belrand doing some sort of Superman impression in the air. To be fair it's probably just a stuck animation glitch because I did some rather creative horse riding to get to a word wall/dragon kill and he got left behind riding his horse from the Convenient Horses mod. No telling what he was doing when I fast traveled to Windhelm. It corrected itself after I reloaded the game.

r9j1ag.jpg

Clau

The Fateless One
Happened awhile ago.

I was mounted on Shadowmere and a hostile Orc up ahead. Time for mounted combat, but what happened was a glitch where my character was standing on top of the saddle, arms apart. It is like trying to pull out a stunt on horseback.

AS88

Staff member
I keep getting the same on PS3, draw my sword on horseback, to see him standing up, still in full control of the horse, only lasts a second or two though :sadface:

I've repeatedly chased elks and rabbits with a bow only to watch them run straight to the bottom of lake ilinalta.

A few days after Dragon Rising, it seems the guards had pulled the body to the city gates, just as a reminder for anyone that lollygags or goes fiddling with any locks around there.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
My favourite has to be flying Salmon, especially considering how easy they are to catch once air borne :D

Neriad13

Premium Member
It's more or less a self-created glitch, but funny nonetheless. I'd just gone through Blackreach and taken the Tower Mzark lift back to the surface. However, when I got there, for some reason I spawned right outside the lift gates, which were firmly locked behind me and refused to budge. Also, my companions Serana and Celann were trapped behind them. I tried toggling collision, walking through the stubborn gates and then trying to open them from the opposite direction. There was just no command to open them. Sighing, I walked back out, opened the console once more, selected Celann (or so I thought) and typed the command "moveto player." Celann didn't move. The gates themselves lurched towards me. I did it a couple more times, moving the gates entirely aside, so Serana and Celann could step out on their own. I imagine that Celann and I wrenched the Dwemer mechanism from its moorings with our formidable combined strength and that Serana fiddled with the hinges to make our progress easier. :D

JoeReese

Not a glitch, but it was funny. I trapped Odahviing in Dragonsreach, and the first thing he said was 'Yol'. I misread it as 'Lol'. I thought it was funny, just imagining the dragon being held captive and all he has to say is 'Lol'.

If I trapped a dragon in that great, strong trap and all he had to say was "LOL," I'd be outta there like a Kennedy from a car crash.

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
Once I was battling a dragon and for some reason it wasn't attacking me.. Then it proceeded to fly in the hair only to be hung by its tail spinning around in a circle above me! I laughed for a good while before I finally put him out of his misery and save some embarrassment :p

KattSand

Premium Member
Not sure this is really a glitch, it's more of a ridiculous but funny moment.

On my first character I was doing the season unending quest up in high hrothgar, and as I entered the main room where the meeting was to be held, I hear the all too familiar "We're here to teach you a lesson"

3 hired thugs decided that this was the best time to "tech me a lesson" for stealing from Septimus.

They did not last very long....

Doomy

I have an unbound dremora hanging around the mages guild, guess it is from my conjuration ritual, but he scares the pants off me every time I bump into him

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk 2

I was chased outside Markath by guards. I cast invisibility, and the second I disappeared, one of the guards just LAUNCHED himself into the air, and he was flung over a cliff somewhere. Was funny. :)

Owen of Bodder

Premium Member
Hello Everybody! This is my first post so please forgive me for whatever I need to be forgiven for.

I was doing the Azura's Star quest last night and fast traveled to Ilinalta's Deep. When I got there I noticed some dragonflies buzzing around and thought there might be some fish in the water so I went in. I swam around a bit and snagged some Histcarp and when I went around the far side of the stonework I saw a dragon's tail in the water. I figured someone had killed a dragon just before I got there and that it had died with its tail in the water and the rest of its body on the shore. So I went to search it and started clicking on the items. I noticed that I had to click the dragon bone link three times to get each bone instead of just once for all three but I didn't think much of it. I got the scales and some gold...and then the tail moved! I burst out laughing. The dragon wasn't dead at all but apparently just cooling its tail! It left the water and moved further onto shore. Has this or anything like it happened to anyone else?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts