• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Childish? Why do you think you are so much better than me? And btw yes, I'm able to say that I'm that I comprehend why the stormcloaks want to be independent is because they believe their Nord way of life is at risk because of on Emperor that's not Septim blood.

No, that's not it at all. I've already told you countless times why they want to be independent and it's already been said by other people why they want to be independent.

I never said I was better than you but saying "So you can just suck it "Grogmar" is pretty childish and something to expect from a 10 year old throwing a tantrum. How old are you?

Mahone

No, that's not it at all. I've already told you countless times why they want to be independent and it's already been said by other people why the want to be independent.

I never said I was better than you but saying "So you can just suck "Grogmar" is pretty childish and something to expect from a 10 year old throwing a tantrum. How old are you?
Okay, then tell me why, enlighten me, and besides, after you post back, I'm going to ignore you, because it's pointless arguing like preschoolers.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Okay, then tell me why, enlighten me, and besides, after you post back, I'm going to ignore you, because it's pointless arguing like preschoolers.

I've already told you, even gave you a link. Scroll back if you want to. Ignoring is exactly what is expected when someone with your mentality knows they aren't getting anywhere. :rolleyes:

Xarnac

The Redguards only managed to fend them off because the army they were fighting was weak and had no outside support from the rest of the Dominion. And in the Great War the Dominion nearly conquered Cyrodiil if it hadn't been for the peace treaty and the suprise attack afterwards the Empire would have never been able to push them out. It seems you're greatly underestimating a well prepared and resupplied army against an army who's still lost on men, low on resources, and probably pretty low on morale from the recent hardships. I'm not saying that the Empire couldn't defeat them at all, I'm just saying at their current state they wouldn't be able to. But anyways how about we agree to disagree, I'm getting a bit bored with this thread.
Nope. Everything I've said stands.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Mahone

I've already told you, even gave you a link. Scroll back if you want to. Ignoring is exactly what is expected when someone with your mentality knows they aren't getting anywhere. :rolleyes:
And do you want to know why I'm not getting anywhere? Because of your pointless rambling about how your automatically right, and I'm automatically wrong. No point in you posting back, because I won't see a thing.

Grogmar Ghrobash

And do you want to know why I'm not getting anywhere? Because of your pointless rambling about how your automatically right, and I'm automatically wrong. No point in you posting back, because I won't see a thing.

I'm not automatically right, you're just wrong. Sorry. But alright nice talking with you. Toodles sir.

Xarnac

The AD would not, could not take over in a week. And would most likely lose from a united resistance. Just as the Reds single handedly kicked them from Hammer.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
That wouldn't be practical. Both sides would be weakened by war while the Dominion would already be prepared and ready for it. The Dominion are also powerful sorcerers, have the Khajiit with them who expertise with stealth, and the Bosmer who expertise in stealth and arhcery. The Dominion would have the better advantage and win the war within a few weeks. If there's any chance of defeating the Dominion it's with a united and strong Empire.

Agreed, Ulfric is to full of himself to do what's best and besides since the dominion took over, the dark brotherhood and thieves guild have been turned to nothing. They aren't doing a bad job you must admnit. Also have you seen the justiciars fight wild beasts? Sabre cats look like kittens in comparison.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
I don't like the Aldmeri Dominion but I certainly don't hate them. Their no different then dragons... who are driven by domination. Do we call dragons villains? Certainly not. Each species and race are out to prove their dominance to rule.

The thing that Dominion proved to us is just how weak and unstable the empire is by forcing them to sign the treaty to ban the worship of Talos. Has the Empire regain their strength and can fight back against the Dominion, and possibly win? who knows.

wrong sorta, Dragons are by nature like alduin and his more loyal followers as they decend from a god and ruled for a long time, it would be like if dogs rebeled against us ( us being the dragons), it took parturnax centuries of seclusion to get where he is today. I aint sayin that the dominion are evil, they are the opposite in my oppinion but just correcting that comment.

Xarnac

The Dominion would not take over in a week, not even two or three. Unless we are giving the AD a Numidium.

Xarnac

Kinda off topic, why is it Thalmor, with a -mor? Wouldn't a Thalmer, with a mer, as in elves, be more fitting?
Nobody knows what Thalmor means. There are several "official" topics about it on the IL, with several theories. Their origins are a liaison compromise government comprised of Altmer and Wood Elf chieftains. Why the AD formed, and aftermath of the Valenwood invasion by the AD, after some Bosmer tried to give away land claimed by AD/Altmer.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It's known by the masters, Thalmor were driven from Hammerfell. It's not an argument, it is fact (to Imperials at least) based on the accounts from A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion.
The Thalmor were not driven from Hammerfell. The very source you cited contradicts your claim.
A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion said:
In the end, the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated...But the Redguards should not forget the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventual Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.
The Redguards did not literally drive the Thalmor out of Hammerfell. The two sides had reached an impasse, a treaty was signed and the Thalmor peacefully withdrew its forces (bleh these quote field typos are frustrating). The book also clearly implies that they would not have been able to negotiate a treaty for the withdrawal if not for the efforts of the Imperial Legion.

Xarnac

They were kicked. It is known. Your late, and I already explained myself before. They wanted Hammer, they were in Hammer, they are no longer in Hammer, they were fought until they sued for peace in Hammer, they were kicked from Hammer. They fought alone, and it was all Redguard in the last five. It basically says how the Empire would have won, and the Reds fought them off by themselves. Everything I've said stands.

Grogmar Ghrobash

They were kicked. It is known. Your late, and I already explained myself before. They wanted Hammer, they were in Hammer, they are no longer in Hammer, they were fought until they sued for peace in Hammer, they were kicked from Hammer. They fought alone, and was all Redguard.

Lol, how can you still be saying that it was fought only by the Redguards when I've told you otherwise and Dagmar has told you otherwise and even gave you a source proving that you were wrong. It's okay to be wrong, you don't have to be stubborn about it.

Also, I know I've already asked this once but you never answered me. Why do you keep posting and then editing your post with additional stuff afterwards. I've noticed you do this on more of your other post on other threads too. I'm not trying to point you out or anything I'm just curious.

Xarnac

Lol, how can you still be saying that it was fought only by the Redguards when I've told you otherwise and Dagmar has told you otherwise and even gave you a source proving that you were wrong. It's okay to be wrong, you don't have to be stubborn about it.

Also, I know I've already asked this once but you never answered me. Why do you keep posting and then editing your post with additional stuff afterwards. I've noticed you do this on more of your other post on other threads too. I'm not trying to point you out or anything I'm just curious.
Becsaue Dagmar and you are wrong, as can be read in the book.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Xarnac

But she just cited the book.
The book says they fought alone for five years, and if the Empire would have helped, they would have won initially. They fought alone. Which is why there is bad blood between the Reds and Cyrods.

Grogmar Ghrobash

The book says they fought alone for five years, and if the Empire would have helped, they would have won initially. They fought alone. Which is why there is bad blood between the Reds and Cyrods.

Lol, well yes obviously they fought alone in the last 5 years when they were independent from the Empire. What I had originally said was that the Redguards had not driven out the Dominion singlehandedly. The Empire had weakened the Dominion before they left to go the Battle of the Red Ring. So the Redguards had been fighting a weakened Dominion army thanks to the Empire.