• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
There has been different races as 'Emperor' so to speak, a Dark Elf Empress I believe, and Skyrim wasn't always with the Empire, When Tiber Septim was known as 'General Talos', he defeated the nords and their Generals formed into his ranks after the Battle of Sancre Tor.

Mahone

What are you talking about? Skyrim IS part of the Empire. Honestly how have you been playing this game so blindly? Even if Skyrim is the only ES game you've ever played it should be pretty obvious to you that Skyrim is part of the Empire. The Stormcloaks know that Skyrim is part of the Empire they're not idiots. They're fighting the war to become independent from the Empire. Ignorance is one of my biggest pet peeves so I think I'm either just going to ignore you or stop replying.
Lol you have like 3 arguments going on right now, people must really like you. And besides, during one the loading screen texts it says something like "The Imperial's believe that Skyrim is a part of the Empire, and the Stormcloaks don't" or something like that.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
No...Skyrim has always been part of the Empire there hasn't been a time that Skyrim was independent except for when it was ruled by Elves. The Legion are in Skyrim right now because of the rebellion not because they want to rule it. They already DO rule it. If you're going to act like you know what you're saying at least be a bit more accurate.

Skyrim was not always with the Empire though, they joined it after their defeat by Septim, and the 'Legion' which is their Military has been in skyrim for a very long time now, all the provinces of the Empire has had their Military arm there, Believe it's the IV Legion in skyrim fighting the Stormcloaks, the Legions don't leave, they stay in lands that are owned by the Empire.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Lol you have like 3 arguments going on right now, people must really like you. And besides, during one the loading screen texts it says something like "The Imperial's believe that Skyrim is a part of the Empire, and the Stormcloaks don't" or something like that.

Just because someone argues with you doesn't mean they don't like you. It means they have a different opinion than you.

The Stormcloak Rebellion was a civil war fought between the forces of the Empire and the Stormcloak rebels. Incensed after Torygg, the young High King of Skyrim, acquiesces to the Imperial demand to eliminate the worship of Talos, Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak challenges Torygg to single-combat for Skyrim's throne. Stormcloak defeats Torygg with the aid of the Voice, then flees Solitude and is branded a murderer and traitor by the Empire. The IV Legion of the Imperial Army under General Tullius begins to skirmish with Stormcloak guerrillas who fight to make Skyrim an independent country from what they see as a corrupt, weakening Empire. Ulfric Stormcloak is captured early on near Skyrim's southern border and is brought to Helgen for execution, but the village is suddenly attacked by the dragon Alduin and the rebel leader escapes once again. The war escalates, with Nords across Skyrim solidifying their allegiance to the Empire or the Stormcloaks.

Lore:Wars - UESPWiki

If you're going to try and say you're right at least give something to back yourself up. Your ignorance is frustrating and is pointless to argue with you so from now on I'm really going to stop replying to you.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Skyrim was not always with the Empire though, they joined it after their defeat by Septim, and the 'Legion' which is their Military has been in skyrim for a very long time now, all the provinces of the Empire has had their Military arm there, Believe it's the IV Legion in skyrim fighting the Stormcloaks, the Legions don't leave, they stay in lands that are owned by the Empire.

Septim was the one who started the Empire. So Skyrim was one of the first provinces to be part of the Empire. When Tiper Septim was known as General Talos the Empire had not been formed yet. And he wasn't fighting Nords he was fighting the snow elves/falmer.

Grogmar Ghrobash

The Dominion's main goal during the beginning of the Great War was to conquer Hammerfell. So they definately had support during the time Hammerfell fought on alone. If anything they had even more support since they were not fighting on a second front.

"Because of the total annihilation of the Dominion's invading army at the Battle of the Red Ring, the Thalmor in Hammerfell were isolated and without outside support which allowed the Redguards to fight the Thalmor to a standstill in southern Hammerfell."

Grogmar Ghrobash

There has been different races as 'Emperor' so to speak, a Dark Elf Empress I believe

No, I've never heard of a Dark Elf empress. All Emperors so far have been Imperials or Nords.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Is that from the book "The Great War"

No, it's from Dagmar's post and she is usually always correct on her lore. But if you want me to I could look it up to confirm it for you.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Dagmar is very intelligent when it comes to Elder Scrolls so I will take your word for it. Don't bother looking it up for me I will do it by myself. I have nothing better to do.

Lol, me neither so I suppose I will to.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Septim was the one who started the Empire. So Skyrim was one of the first provinces to be part of the Empire. When Tiper Septim was known as General Talos the Empire had not been formed yet. And he wasn't fighting Nords he was fighting the snow elves/falmer.

He formed the Septim dynasty of Emperor's or Third Empire as it's called, not the Empire, the Empire dated back way before Talos, Septim's dynasty came in during the Third Era, the Empire started in the First Era, he was fighting Nords and Bretons not snow elves, read The Battle of Sancre Tor, that's when Skyrim allied itself with the Empire, when he defeated them.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The snow elves battle was during the First Era, Talos came around in the Third Era, Ysgramor and the 500 Companions fought the snow elves.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Weren't originally the Nords and Bretons fighting against Tiber Septim? Didn't Tiber Septim use the Thu'um and the Nords noticed he was a "True" Nord or something like that?
They invaded I believe and he attacked and won and the Nords gave up their alliance with the Bretons, don't think he used the voice during that battle, he captured their Generals

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
He might have used the voice and that's what made them change quickly, I haven't read up on it in awhile.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Empress Katariah I

I see. I had thought you were talking about Barenziah as I've never heard of Katariah. But thank you for correcting me.

He formed the Septim dynasty of Emperor's or Third Empire as it's called, not the Empire, the Empire dated back way before Talos, Septim's dynasty came in during the Third Era, the Empire started in the First Era, he was fighting Nords and Bretons not snow elves, read The Battle of Sancre Tor, that's when Skyrim allied itself with the Empire, when he defeated them.

I meant the Empire that was formed by Talos. I should have said 'there hasn't been a time that Skyrim was independent from the Empire' as in the current Empire obviously since the previous ones don't exist anymore. But to be honest my lore knowledge on Skyrim the province isn't the best. And you're right about the Elves already being driving out prior to that. My bad.

Mahone

Just because someone argues with you doesn't mean they don't like you. It means they have a different opinion than you.

The Stormcloak Rebellion was a civil war fought between the forces of the Empire and the Stormcloak rebels. Incensed after Torygg, the young High King of Skyrim, acquiesces to the Imperial demand to eliminate the worship of Talos, Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak challenges Torygg to single-combat for Skyrim's throne. Stormcloak defeats Torygg with the aid of the Voice, then flees Solitude and is branded a murderer and traitor by the Empire. The IV Legion of the Imperial Army under General Tullius begins to skirmish with Stormcloak guerrillas who fight to make Skyrim an independent country from what they see as a corrupt, weakening Empire. Ulfric Stormcloak is captured early on near Skyrim's southern border and is brought to Helgen for execution, but the village is suddenly attacked by the dragon Alduin and the rebel leader escapes once again. The war escalates, with Nords across Skyrim solidifying their allegiance to the Empire or the Stormcloaks.

Lore:Wars - UESPWiki

If you're going to try and say you're right at least give something to back yourself up. Your ignorance is frustrating and is pointless to argue with you so from now on I'm really going to stop replying to you.
Well, if you don't want to reply back, that very fine with me. But, ever since Titus Mede II became emporer, Nords no longer ruled the empire, imperials do now. So that means, if you can comprehend, the Imperial Legion practically owns the Empire. And now, the stormcloaks want to be free from the Empire's grasp. So you can just suck it "Grogmar"

Grogmar Ghrobash

Well, if you don't want to reply back, that very fine with me. But, ever since Titus Mede II became emporer, Nords no longer ruled the empire, imperials do now. So that means, if you can comprehend, the Imperial Legion practically owns the Empire. And now, the stormcloaks want to be free from the Empire's grasp. So you can just suck it "Grogmar"

Lol, there's no need to be childish. Nothing you've said so far has made any sense. The Imperial Legion is the Empires army. Always has been, even in the Septim Dynasty. The Septim Dynasty ended 200 years ago from present day Skyrim. And I honestly don't know how many more times I can keep on telling you the reason that the Stormcloaks want to be independent so I'm just going to leave you in your ignorance. I really hope you could comprehend that. ;)

Mahone

Lol, there's no need to be childish. Nothing you've said so far has made any sense. The Imperial Legion is the Empires army. Always has been, even in the Septim Dynasty. The Septim Dynasty ended 200 years ago from present day Skyrim. And I honestly don't know how many more times I can keep on telling you the reason that the Stormcloaks want to be independent so I'm just going to leave you in your ignorance. I really hope you could comprehend that. ;)
Childish? Why do you think you are so much better than me? And btw yes, I'm able to say that I'm that I comprehend why the stormcloaks want to be independent is because they believe their Nord way of life is at risk because of on Emperor that's not Septim blood.