• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

whats the question, all the vampire info is in this thread. A khajit has no particular advantage other than sneaking which isnt important. But if you like the look of a khajit then go for it

benathius

basically as far as i know from reading , you cant regenerate health during day , would that mean if you wore a necklace of some sort that you could enchant it with a regenerate faster it still wouldnt do it at all ?

what are the major downsides and perks , what would be an advantage because mostly all iv seen is bad stuff , would it be worth it cause im only interested just to make things different but if its gonna ruin it i shant bother , just wanted a basic quick "this is good but this is crap "

dbukalski

basically as far as i know from reading , you cant regenerate health during day , would that mean if you wore a necklace of some sort that you could enchant it with a regenerate faster it still wouldnt do it at all ?

what are the major downsides and perks , what would be an advantage because mostly all iv seen is bad stuff , would it be worth it cause im only interested just to make things different but if its gonna ruin it i shant bother , just wanted a basic quick "this is good but this is crap "

Disadvantage
Health, stamina, magic don't regenerate during day.
Have to feed at lvl3 vampire (every 3 days)

Advantage
25 percent boost sneak and illusion
100 resist disease and poison (u get message that ur poisoned but no effect)
Some useless abilities to raise thralls and calm
Reist cold and weakness fire which go from 25, 50, 75, 100 percent so if ur going into fight be the right level of vampire
Lvl4 gets a 2min invis ability so u can feed when everyone hates u
Nightvision

2ndary advantages
Vampire stacks with necromage gives 25 percent boos to...
Healing self
Enchants that buff u. That's the big one. If u want to be as powerful as possible in game before resorting to glitches then this ability when used to make better alchemy gear, enchant potions, smithing potions/gear. Will double ur damage output, armour rating, and everything else u might have enchants for

3 enchant fortify magic give free casting. So I carry equipment for free casting all lores. So losing magic regen doesn't matter. I keep 100 magic cuz I don't need any. Restore replenishes stamina, weapons absorb stamina for non stop power arracks. I can run for long time through varied means. So 100 stamina is all I need. Allowing 900 life. With max physical resist, magic resist, magic absorb. Weapons that absorb 65 life lack of health regen doesn't matter.

Enchants that regen stats still work and bows with absorb stamina allow me to stay zoomed non stop as archer. Most fights are in dungeons half outdoors are at night so loss of regen matters even less then.

25 percent illusion boost allows calm that If I remember correctl affects lvl48 npc.

benathius

thanks very much , still dunno what im gonna do though its very 50 50 for me , i like the idea of having to feed and i like the power you get with it , i dont mind health not regenerating as i use fast healing anyway i dont wait for it to come back itself in case i get jumped again quidkly ( which has happened and it SUUUUUCKS ) thanks mate

dbukalski

Feeding is the only annoying part about being a vampire. If u like that(and do cannible
Quest so u can eat bodies for health) then go for it.

The only reasons to be a vampire is for role playing or for maximum power. If neither of those appeal then don't do it.

Werewolf gives a couple benefits and werewolf is a passive ability maybe that's ur cup of tea.

What are ur reasons for being 50/50 ?

benathius

werewolf is definatly more my thing but iv done it and i was going to do it again in this save but purely for a change iv bin looking into vamps , 50 50 because i want to try a change and i like the idea of going for serious power , i also like the idea of having to feed as a thing because i always thought they should have given penaltys for not eating or sleeping to make it abit more real , like getting sick for not eating and eventually dying and getting weaker for not sleeping in a long time and eventually fainting somewhere that maybe you dont fancy being off your guard inso its sorta like in a way making it abit more real , trad vamps dont need food or sleep they are immortal , but they need to feed, im weird it just makes it more real if you get me , i reckon ill do it

dbukalski

you do suffer -15 to all stats and it goes up with each level of vampire to something like -50 so thats kinda like the weakness/fainting you wanted for not feeding/sleeping.

Like I said, if you like the idea of feeding or eating(cannible quest) then youve already dealt with the worst part of being a vampire. Vampire is way more powerful wolf if your into that kind of thing. Also...

You can do vampire just for the stronger alchemy/smith gear, stock up on crazy amounts of enchant/smithing potions because you wont be able to make them at the same power afterwards. Then get rid of the vampirism. Even that short term use of vampirism will give you a 50% boost to armour rating, 25% boost to damage and other enchantments...roughly speaking

ThreeDawg

Benathius, here are some pros and cons. I believe these cover the majority.

Pros: +25% to sneak and illusion. Night vision. 100% immunity to disease and poison (amazing in falmer dungeons). Exceptional synergy with the 'Necromage' Perk (look at earlier posts, or even mine prior to this one). Increased resistance to frost 25%/50%/75%/100%. A series of powers dependent on ones stage.

Cons: Cannot regenerate health, stamina, or magicka while outside during the day (can still regenerate if you have a perk or item that grants increased regeneration, think recovery perk for magicka, and respite perk for stamina, and any heal for health). Weakness to fire 25%/50%/75%/100%. At stage four most npc's attack on sight (can be solved by feeding at easy places such as the loreius farm, or using strong illusion spells). -15/30/45/60 to all stats while outside during the day.

I would keep vampirism just for the poison immunity if I had to.

joespur61

so im a level 20 dunmer vampire and tbh im struggerling lol. ive tryed to concentrate on majic but i just seem to be getting killed to easy and destruction majic seems to be quite week could anybody give me some pointers plz

ThreeDawg

Joespur61. Try focusing on the restoration tree, powerful heals such as close wounds, with the respite and regeneration, will heal 150 health and 150 stamina. Assuming you have either high magicka or reductions this should keep you alive. Feed often so you don't suffer from -60 to all stats. The Become Ethereal shout can also be very useful. Get the conjure flame atronach to help with damage and surviving. Use flesh spells to boost your armor. As vampirism gives bonus's to illusion, it is natural to use spells such as calm and fury to reduce the enemies you have to face. Since your level 20 and I assume your enchanting, alchemy and destruction isn't very high, it makes sense for destruction to seem weak. Just wait until you get a 100% reduction in destruction and have access to incinerate and thunderbolt.

Straumgald

Can't believe I waited so long to become a vampire. At level 40ish I was already at the point where the game was too easy, being a vampire just makes it crazy. I don't use illusion, but just having all your enchants 25% more powerful and healing 25% more makes a huge difference.
Problem is, I have dead thrall, so just using that is enough to kill anything. Walk up to enemy, back up while thrall rips them to pieces.

Vraek

I've played through form leve 5 as a vampire on master on my most recent account, playing a dark elf illusion assassin.

Dunmer is a great race due to the fire resistance, which counteracts the weakness to fire you get from advancing stages of vampirism. Playing sneak/illusion is really the only way to go with a vampire imho, if you don't use them, the perks don't really outweigh the downsides. however, 25% harder to detect + 25% more powerful illusion spells really does work out nicely :)

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I've played through form leve 5 as a vampire on master on my most recent account, playing a dark elf illusion assassin.

Dunmer is a great race due to the fire resistance, which counteracts the weakness to fire you get from advancing stages of vampirism. Playing sneak/illusion is really the only way to go with a vampire imho, if you don't use them, the perks don't really outweigh the downsides. however, 25% harder to detect + 25% more powerful illusion spells really does work out nicely :)

What stage of vampirism are you on?

Vraek

What stage of vampirism are you on?
Varies, I like to stay on level 4 when I can, but it does make it quite difficult to do some quests (most NPCs will attack you on sight) but I did the whole of the DB questline without feeding at all, the perks you get are brilliant.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Don't have a companion near you when you feed, they often expose you

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I did the same thing you are about to do my first time around. I was a vampire since lvl. 1. Currently doing the same thing with my Mage.

My experience was challenging, yet very fun. The first thing you'll need to do is know your prey. Find the house and Nord who is the easiest to access for a quick feed. For each town, I have a certain neck that I drink from to keep the hunger at bay. Feeding is essential to your existence as a vampire. You don't want to walk into town at Stage 4 and wonder why Camilla is suddenly stabbing you with her dagger. I like to stay between Stage 1-2. Stage 3 is pushing it, with the fire weakness at 75%. I travel alone, but you can have a companion. Tell them to sleep and then you can feed off them. Your own personal meal lunchbox on legs.

Fire is your number one enemy. Going up against Fire Mages and Dragons is almost suicide. Collect fire resist potions and armor. Smithing, focus getting to 100, eventually. The moment I forged Daedric Armor, fire was no longer an issue. I still took fire damage, but it didn't drain my health as quickly as before. The sun. Although you won't die from it, your vitals take a huge hit and you'll lose the ability to regenerate. If you want a challenge, then being a Daywalker is the best way to go. Fighting a dragon during the day is one of the most challenging things I've done in Skyrim.

Stick to the shadows. Stealth is your friend. I'm not saying make this vampire a sneaking build, but you are harder to detect if you work on this school. Being able to move around undetected at Stage 4 is a must. You'll never know when you may need it.

Have fun. :)

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Disadvantage
Health, stamina, magic don't regenerate during day.

My Lvl. 41 Nercomage Vampire regenerates magic during the day now. I have the following equipped.

1. Archmage's Robes
2. Gauldur Amulet Fragment
3. Gold Emerald Ring enchanted with Fire Resist
4. Orcish Boots of Fire Abatement
5. Saarthal Amulet
6. Savos Aren's Amulet

ETA: I just tested what is allowing my vampire to regenerate magic during the day and it's nothing. I just do??? I unequipped all the items and I'm still regenerating magic. Could it be a bug? The Archmage Robes and Savos Aren's Amulet prevent my vampire from suffering that annoying drop in points to my magic bar, however. Interesting because my other warrior vampire doesn't regenerate magic at all during the day. Weird. Could it be a perk in one of my trees?

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Dawnguard vampires are completley different from vannila vampires as is obvious in the new trailer

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts