• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ThreeDawg

Try feeding at the Loreius Farm a ways north of Whiterun. It is completely isolated and only two people live in the farm. At night the door is shut with a novice level lock. I have less than 20 sneak and I have never failed to feed at that place. So for feeding purpose's, I guess you don't need illusion. However I play a mage-style vampire with low health, so being able to instantly stop combat or make enemies kill each other is invaluable, especially at levels 40 on up. I could go through a whole dungeon just using the frenzy spell.

And Straumgald, I was able to get Dragonhide to last for 149 seconds as a necromage-vampire. The plus 25% wouldn't affect that since it already give the maximum 80% reduction, and I'm not sure about the magnitude of the flesh spells.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
so with the risk of sounding stupid lol what exactly is a necromage??

It's a magician that practices necrophilia, it's quite obvious.

Straumgald

So, why do you need to watch your level? Don't you want to hit stage 4 and stay there for max results, or you just want stage 1 for the best bonuses and least negative effects?

dbukalski

well for starters at stage 4 quest npcs will attack you. Theres very little improvement from stage 1 to 4 vampirism other than greater weakness/strength against fire/ice damage. And some crappy calm/thrall spells. I also think you get long lasting invisibility but cant remember for sure since I usually had the thieves guild version equiped

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
You can also feed on npcs at the college of winterhold; they sleep randomly throughout the day.

Jaeger

On feeding, from the uesp:

Followers can be fed on with total impunity, assuming there are no other witnesses. Simply order them to sleep in a bed and feed on them before they stand up again. This makes them a reliable source of easy blood for the player.

Jaeger

]Vampire Powers & Spells
In addition, as you progress through the stages you gain several unique powers and spells, some of which will grow more powerful with each stage. Returning to stage one will remove the higher level powers and reset the remaining ones to their original strength.

Champion of the Night
A permanent active effect you gain from stage one onwards that increases the potency of your Illusion spells by 25%.

Nightstalker's Footsteps
A permanent active effect you gain from stage one onwards that makes you 25% harder to detect while sneaking.

Vampire Sight
A lesser power that grants improved night vision.
Stage 1 and onwards: Improved night vision for 60 seconds.

Vampire's Servant
A power that allows you to reanimate a dead body to fight for you for one minute, once a day. It increases in power with every stage of vampirism. Note that servants raised with this power may not always disintegrate to ash as with the standard Conjuration spells (they retain normal form when the timer runs out, but if they are killed in combat, or if you fast travel/change instance, they will disintegrate).
Stage 1: Reanimate a weak dead body for 60 seconds.
Stage 2: Reanimate an average dead body for 60 seconds.
Stage 3: Reanimate a strong dead body for 60 seconds.
Stage 4: Reanimate a very strong dead body for 60 seconds.

Vampiric Drain
A unique Novice Destruction spell that continuously absorbs a small amount of health from a single target and adds it to your own. While Vampiric Drain can be dual-cast with the corresponding Destruction skill perk, its cost is not reduced by any Destruction proficiency perks and using it does not train your Destruction skill. However, equipment and apparel reducing Destruction skill costs will still have effect, making it possible to cast Vampiric Drain for as low as 0 magicka.
Stage 1: Drains 2 health per second. Costs 5 magicka per second.
Stage 2: Drains 3 health per second. Costs 10 magicka per second.
Stage 3: Drains 4 health per second. Costs 12 magicka per second.
Stage 4: Drains 5 health per second. Costs 15 magicka per second.

Vampire Seduction
A power that is similar to the Illusion spell "Calm". It can be used once a day. Useful when vampirism reaches stage 4, as it can allow interaction with quest NPCs. (Tested only so far on spouse, it's an assumption as of now that it will work on quest NPCs)
Stage 2 and onwards: Calm creatures and people up to level 10 for 30 seconds.

Embrace Of Shadows
A power that is similar to the Illusion spell "invisibility". It also applies improved night vision for the duration of the spell. Interacting with the environment or attacking will make you visible again. It can be used once per day.
Stage 4: Invisible with improved night vision for 180 seconds.

stagnant94

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't vampires get attacked by everyone on sight, so it would probably be a good idea to complete most quests first, and then become a vampire when you've done all you want

stagnant94

^^

Only at stage 4
yes, but if you want to be a vampire your going to be at stage 4 at some point, and thats the point you wave goodbye to your wife/husband and practically everyone else on the game

dbukalski

yes, but if you want to be a vampire your going to be at stage 4 at some point, and thats the point you wave goodbye to your wife/husband and practically everyone else on the game

there are lots of ways to get back to lvl1 without waving goodby to everything.

1) go invisible and feed
2) calm everyone and feed
3) sneak and feed

companions wont attack you and you can feed on them. Though there are non companions in the hall that will attack

and the others people listed

Jaeger

That's when you feed off your follower (I like the followers that are also spouses so the spouse doen't attack you since they are your follower).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marriage

Make note of where bedrolls are at (white water watch near Whiterun). Fast travel there before you go to market/use the forge/etc and feed off follower. Riften house has a back door to outside the city (perfect for a vampire to go home without going through the rigamarole).

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Not sure if it's been said but at stage one you lose 15 of stam hp and magic and a nother 15 for each stage. And you lose 25% fire resistants per stage

benathius

can i be a pain and do a quick hijack , im considering becoming a vampire with my khajiit sneak character , can i get a basic low down on pros and cons from someone who knows please , help would be appreciated , thanks , excuse me joespur , carry on people :)