Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

does anyone know if Madanach(sp?) the king in rags is thrallable? if so i would be willing to get thrown into cihdna mine for that.
Madanach scales with the player up to level 50 so if you`re level 40 or under you can thrall him for a little while at least

Adam Warlock

It`s the 17th of Sun`s Dawn and the stage is set.
Around the feet of the Alik`r are 2 Bandits, 2 Thugs , 2 Highwaymen , and a Marauder !
It was totally bizarre when I came to the Whiterun stables with my last thrall to seed , when I run into that bastard Louis Letrush there.
I`d been looking for him in Riften ever since he sent a Thug after me because I had kept a horse he wanted. Louis acted like he didn`t know me but I still hold a grudge big time.
I got him to attack me first by getting caught pickpocketing him but apparently he won`t die now and I ended up having to pay a $25 bounty.(I put off the guards outside by persuasion on this until I could pay a guard inside the walls to avoid a respawn of my thrall and follower). It was worth the gold to see him on his knees after Illia put an Ice Spike through him though !
Just for the record , I hate invulnerable enemies and I`m going to find a way to torment Letrush if it can be done without hurting innocents(guards don`t count)
Thralls went off as expected but those damned Alik`r won`t die ! 3 dead guards and a mess to clean up is all I got for over an hour of real-time prep involved.
Moving my act along with those 7 bandits to the newly opened Abandoned Shack Arena. It has a large battle room and is safely out in the boonies if there`s an escape.
Winners of the bi-monthly Battle Royale will be crowned by the dead and naked Astrid !

perkecet

Madanach scales with the player up to level 50 so if you`re level 40 or under you can thrall him for a little while at least
good to know, as i am at level 40 right now. i'm in the middle of getting the elder scroll, so i've got at least another hour of that plus however long i goof off in blackreach on the way back before i can begin the forsworn conspiracy. i've already got weylin's note though, as i felt like he wouldn't mind me going through his things while he was thralled. i simply wont level up until i'm able to get into cihdna. does necromage effect dead thrall? i would assume it does, but my restoration isn't close to getting it. ah well lets get to my latest experiences.

after weylin died i left him since he was weak and annoying. i got the quest to get the reach jarl's shield or whatever and while there i got myself a decent level forsworn thrall. i'm drawing a blank on his title, pillager i want to say. after getting my house i set off to get the elder scroll, since i hadn't done that quest since my very first play through. the forsworn was moaning way more than seemed normal so i killed him off and left him. let me note that my second thrall this whole time has been a flame atronach that i summoned right after i got it. in the alftand ruins i ran into that drug addled khajiit and he put up a surprisingly good fight for being in clothes and wielding a woodcutting axe. i decided to make him my thrall but first, i placed the "blade of the reach" on his body which was an elven battleaxe no one was using. i didn't expect him to use it but low and behold, he did. he lasted up until one of those spinning blade traps that killed him and my atronach. i then ran back after him, and after dropping a few more choice pieces of equipment, rose him again. at this point i got hit by the trap myself and before i could heal i was dead.

no big deal i figured. i loaded back up not two minutes behind and all was good, until i looked behind me. both the cat and my atronach were gone. GONE. i tried not to panic and return to where they both died, nothing. now, understand i'm not getting worked up over a body. however, that axe was worth quite a bit! i am disappointed to say the least.

TL;DR: my thralls died, then i died. when game reloaded both thralls were nowhere to be seen, and items left on them were gone as well.

has this ever happened to anyone? i have a feeling that if i would have loaded up manually all would have been alright. i hadn't thought of that at the time, and it isn't worth losing an hour's progress to save my thrall's equipment.

No you are right, its not worth it unless it's a unique one or if it has some unique weapon on it. Or if it's a Volkihar lol, that would be worth going back at least two hours IMO.
Otherwise you can always get a new corpse behind the next corner like no problem most probably

Adam Warlock

Permanent bodies are hard to find. Most thralls can vanish without notice despite your best efforts.
They also have a habit of dropping the weapon/shield they are holding when killed or deactivated.
Likewise they can be looted by the enemy when they are dormant.
Don`t leave anything in a thrall`s inventory that you can`t afford to lose (except in stable Named NPC like Orchendor , etc.) and save often !
The only "Unique " item I give generic thralls are copies of the Spellbreaker shield that I have reproduced on a mannikin

Permanent bodies are hard to find. Most thralls can vanish without notice despite your best efforts.
They also have a habit of dropping the weapon/shield they are holding when killed or deactivated.
Likewise they can be looted by the enemy when they are dormant.
Don`t leave anything in a thrall`s inventory that you can`t afford to lose (except in stable Named NPC like Orchendor , etc.) and save often !
The only "Unique " item I give generic thralls are copies of the Spellbreaker shield that I have reproduced on a mannikin
Is it possible to do this reproducing thing with other items?

Adam Warlock

Is it possible to do this reproducing thing with other items?
armor , clothing , shields , masks , and jewelry may be copied on a mannikin.
Add the item to the mannikin and then take it back leaving the spot empty.
Go out a door and then come back for your reproduced item.
Take it and repeat if you want another.
Mannikins will copy in-game items with their enchantments intact but any custom enchants will not be copied(you will get the base item).
Take items from your thrall , copy them , and they will wear them just like the original.

perkecet

so in a surprising turn of events i load my game up not 5 minutes ago, and there they were! my atronach and the khajiit with my blade of the reach! i wonder what they were doing for an hour while me and my follower were killing falmer and machines?

Skyrimosity

My thralls keep almost killing my follower's so I continuously have to sneak behind them and slit their throat, switch to the dead thrall spell, raise them again, and repeat next time I run into a bunch of enemies.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You can kill a thrall safely by using a cloak spell, frost, fire, lightning.

You don't need to be next to it, when you activate the spell, they just fall to the ground.

I had one of those all out war's, with several thralls who had come back to life in my house, The 4 Vampires were non hostile to me, all the other thralls were either being killed by one another or by my two dremora lords, sadly I lost one thrall cause my dremora got a little too carried away and sliced off her head.

Adam Warlock

Had my first Battle Royale at the Abandoned Shack Arena and it was awesome !
Did my usual routine of switching to my spectator`s outfit of capped lengendary dragonplate heavy armor and shield which is also heavily enchanted with Resist Magic.
A fortify alteration potion is consumed , then Dragonhide Spell is cast before entry for 96% damage resistance . Not even a Volkihar with a lightning chainsaw can hurt me as i go to a corner of the room to watch the fight.
This time it was 2 Silver Hand who managed to survive to the end(9 of 12 various mages , bandits, and silver hands respawned hostile, no peaceniks).
When these finally attacked me I beheaded the 1st one with the Mace of Molag Bal , then toyed with the other as I danced around bashing with shield and slicing with the Blade of Woe until she cowered in fear of death !
I looked to the judge of the fight for a thumbs up or down.
Astrid cried out , "Give her The Longhammer just like you gave it to me !"
And so I did .

Adam Warlock

so in a surprising turn of events i load my game up not 5 minutes ago, and there they were! my atronach and the khajiit with my blade of the reach! i wonder what they were doing for an hour while me and my follower were killing falmer and machines?
I think the thralls have swinging dead parties while you`re not looking.
Every time I come back to Cracked Tusk Keep , the bodies are close to but not quite exactly where they were before.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
My mannequin was alive, in my Markarth house has anyone ever had this? it was standing where it was suppose to, but it's head was moving and it's arms, it'd turn it's head and it's arms would rest on it's hips, It scared the plopss out of me.

Adam Warlock

Newest thralls are Ogol , Garakh , and Gularzob (all killed by giant)
Also Lob (killed by dragon)
They don`t call it the cursed tribe for nothing as the immortal Yamarz is the sole living survivor of that Orc stronghold

Adam Warlock

My mannequin was alive, in my Markarth house has anyone ever had this? it was standing where it was suppose to, but it's head was moving and it's arms, it'd turn it's head and it's arms would rest on it's hips, It scared the plopss out of me.
whaa??? I`ve seen mine float in the air(riften) or be a few feet out of position(riften and solitude) but never moving like that.
Since i spend so little time in Vindrel Hall , i may have the glitch but not know it.
agreed that is extremely creepy

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't like to visit that house anymore, I was minding my own business and going about things, then noticed the mannequin was looking at me, so I moved and it's head followed me, then it's arms moved, I was out of that front door like a bat out of hell, I may be an evil Necromancer that uses the dark magic, but there is a limit to what freaky creepy stuff I can handle, I can't exactly kill it.

Adam Warlock

I don't like to visit that house anymore, I was minding my own business and going about things, then noticed the mannequin was looking at me, so I moved and it's head followed me, then it's arms moved, I was out of that front door like a bat out of hell, I may be an evil Necromancer that uses the dark magic, but there is a limit to what freaky creepy stuff I can handle, I can't exactly kill it.
I`ll bet it was Argis the Bulwark pulling a prank on you !

perkecet

speaking of argis, who WAS my follower. somewhere between blackraech and markarth both he and my thrall disappeared. he had A LOT of valuable stuff on him too =( he wasnt in my house when i went there either

perkecet

quick question, if you thrall someone while already having two one dies i assume yes? just like dread zombie would? does the one you first thralled die, or the second? or even, does it seem like it just chooses randomly? if that were the case i would obviously be best to kill the one being replaced myself

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts