Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

yeah , I`m really looking forward to my next character as a vampire lord now.
The DB and thieve`s Guild still haven`t been played by me yet and should be interesting in combination with Castle Volkihar as a main base of operations.

Currently working up a potential build , name , and back story for this upcoming evil-doer and will report on him once he`s under way.
I`m going to get Dead Thrall as early as I can this time so that many of the NPC who had scaled too high for Adam will be available for use

Adam Warlock

LoL nice unfortunately we would be enemies in the land of skyrim bc I have decided to become a vampire lord!!! But I'm bummed out that the undead horse arvak is a summon not a power so I can't use him... But I do enjoy knowing that I can heal my thralls with the necromanic healing spell even if both of my thralls will be able to heal themselves... I also heard that the summons that u use in vampire lord form are not affected by your conjuration tree! Muhahahahahahahahahahhahahh Munax kinbok cruel leader, lord of the undead will not be denied any more! I will shroud skyrim in eternal darkness!
Yeah , the vampire powers look way better than a werewolf and there`s lots of neat new enchanted objects like amulets and rings to get.
will be very sweet to be wearing that ancient falmer armor and wielding Lord Harkon`s sword and Auriel`s Bow
please report on your play and particularly about whether the Soul Tear shout has an affect on your thralls

Valyn

Right now I'm using a Bandit Thug and a Plunderer. I just got 100 conjuration, so they are the best I can find. The Plunderer took on the Draugr Scourge Lord and won.

raven63

I use the dremora found at Dagons i like how they keep their normal dialogue

Adam Warlock

Have done about a half dozen missions with Lort and Thirsty.
learned a few new tricks which I will share when i`ve organized the info
was considering which one to drop so I could use some of my other thralls.( low boredom threshold)

Returned after a 30 day absence to my orc stronghold to check on the status of that Master Necro that i was testing for permanency but he had disappeared.
Guess I`ll go ahead and turn in that Helm of Winterhold to the Jarl since it can`t be enchanted or stored away.

BUT there were two alive and hostile former vanished alums who attacked us in none other than Lokil and Krev the Skinner !!!!

I`ve learned not to ignore these blessings from Talos so it`s goodbye to Sebastian and my Volkihar (until we meet again).

fyi Haldyn(uncompleted quest) and Legate Rikke(won`t make it to Sovnguarde since I went there before I killed her) were still present and accounted for , as were Sulla Trebatius , 2 Nilheim Bandits , and a Mistwatch Bandit.

there may be a few vampires who have permanent corpses if you take the dawnguard side.
Of 2 Vampire Scouts I killed in Dayspring Canyon , one has remained around and I have her stored outside the castle`s door for now.
she moans and i have no idea what level she is except that it`s less than 50.
typical frost/shock/life drain spells , 1h weapon but won`t use a shield or dual wield
will use a bow some if not given staffs
seems better at sneaking than the other vamps

Lastly , i discovered an awesome potion to give to your magic casting thralls.
Combine Jazbay Grapes , Moon Sugar , and Red Mountain Flower while wearing your best Fortify Alchemy gear.
this brew restores magicka , fortifies magicka , and fortifies magicka regen !
Give a couple of 6packs to your mage(s)
watch the fireworks

Briar Heart and Red Mountain Flower make a similar potion but w/o the regen

Ummm... Does anyone know if u can bring your thralls into castle volikihar? Or do I have to kill them before I go in? Also Lokil is awesome by the way he has like enemy detection like no other thrall Ive had before and it's so much easier to know when there's an enemy around because he can TALK not moan. He also likes using the bow alot but he is always hungry but yeah is a nice thrall to have around... Aright that's input for now time to continue my search for vyrthur!

Adam Warlock

First casualty in the Dawnguard happened yesterday as Agmaer fell in combat.
Thrallable at level 25 cap , he tried to take on 2 Falmer Warmongers while I was otherwise occupied with a couple of other Falmer.
Body hasn`t reset yet but idk if he`s permanent

But I did get the Aetherial Crown out of it .
Using both the Ritual Stone and Steed Stone now and have returned to some heavy armor pieces

Current outfit:
Pentius Oculatus Helmet
Aetherial Crown
Amulet of Talos
Ebony Armor
Ebony Boots
Vampire Gauntlets
Assortment of rings
Spellbreaker Shield
Rune Axe
Dragonbone Mace & dagger
Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow with exploding bolts

Adam Warlock

Ummm... Does anyone know if u can bring your thralls into castle volikihar? Or do I have to kill them before I go in? Also Lokil is awesome by the way he has like enemy detection like no other thrall Ive had before and it's so much easier to know when there's an enemy around because he can TALK not moan. He also likes using the bow alot but he is always hungry but yeah is a nice thrall to have around... Aright that's input for now time to continue my search for vyrthur!
Leave your thralls at the jetty or some other location. they will go thru the basement area at volkihar castle but will disappear once you go into the courtyard

Adam Warlock

LOL my Lokil is gone again after he got shouted off Arcwind summit by a Dragr Deathlord !

Wait so I can bring into the castle as long as avoid the courtyard or is recommended that I just leave their bodies outside?

quote="Adam Warlock, post: 147398, member: 7236"]LOL my Lokil is gone again after he got shouted off Arcwind summit by a Dragr Deathlord ![/quote]
And lol wow

Adam Warlock

And yes Lokil is extremely agressive and sneaking is very difficult with him and the other high level vamps like volkihars.

I`m hoping the Vampire Scout I`ve got will at least wait for me to take the 1st shot at the enemy

Adam Warlock

Wait so I can bring into the castle as long as avoid the courtyard or is recommended that I just leave their bodies outside?
I recommend not on the Island at all but you can try it and see.
Definitely not in the basement area.
you must go thru courtyard to reach the Soul Cairn Portal so i used conjured dremora and storm atronach to help Serana out.

the loot on the way to the top isn`t that spectacular but has some interest:
Necromantic Healing spell
Royal Vampire armor
possible enchanted weapon(s) in the armory
some gems dropped by gargoyles
a boat load of potion ingredients

You`ll have to tell us about the Soul Cairn since my Dawnguard main quest is stuck in that top room due to a bug(Unseen Visions quest activated too soon)

Adam Warlock

Haven`t tried crossbows with thralls yet but i can relate that Agmaer has a default hunting bow that doesn`t show in his regular inventory

Adam Warlock

Found another dead Dawnguard on a random encounter .
Named Lynoit , he was surrounded by 3 vampire ash piles implying he gave a good fight to at least 4 of the bloodsuckers before falling.
Body was buggy tho and died every time he went through a door
disappeared very quickly but I`ve got his orders disclosing locations for some Dawnguard caches in hidden strongboxes.

Krev the Skinner is gone(left behind after looting him) but Ghunzul came back to Cracked Tusk Keep !
He was sitting up in his old bedroom and didn`t become hostile until I talked to him
Since they are both Orc Bandit Chief types , I gave krev`s old armor to ghunzul and he wears it ! Saved me a lot of time and materials.
Ghunzul`s specialties are bow , 1h(dual wields ebony and forsworn swords) , and moaning like the Addams Family`s Lurch with a belly ache.

Adam Warlock

1st test of a typical thrall with a crossbow ?
Ghunzul wouldn`t use one even when it was the only ranged weapon he had

I will test Agmaer next to see if perhaps the newly added NPC will do it.

Yeah I tested orchendor and Lokil with crossbows and even though Lokil likes the bow he hasn't transitioned to a crossbow so maybe it's either bc he's a vamp or it's like a preference thing like one handed weapons over two handed weapons... And has anyone tried out Venarus,stalf or salonia from the bloodstone chalice quest I'm thinking about replacing Lokil maybe for one but I'm not sure if no one has tried them out I am willing to do so myself and let you guys know the results