Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Likol reappeared ! Praise Talos !

Also after many months since her death to a respawned Thalmor Soldier , I received a Letter of Inheritance from Fastred.
Only reason I can give for this is that I had recently moved her from Riften`s Honeyside to the alchemy lab in Windhelm`s Hjerim in order to use her body as a convenient container for potion ingredients.

I found out that Summoning Arniel's Shade and the Call of Valor shout kill my thralls when used, I've yet to get Dawnguard so I'm not sure if this is true for when someone gets the DLC. Just thought I'd mention it.
Yeah I agree that u can't use certain shouts and abilities because they are limited by the conjuration tree and that makes me angry because I won't be able to use the undead horse arvak because I will have to give up one of my dead thralls for it what I hope is tho that the summon dragon shout isn't affected as wells the soul tear shout an another power u can't use also if u have 2 thralls is the sPectral assassin power

Golgo_SPB

yeah spectral assassin counts as one of your summons. But even if I have one thrall with me arniel's shade and call of valor kills the thrall.

I should check if storm call and summon dragon kills em.

Adam Warlock

Calling Ohdahving doesn`t harm thralls.
I guess that`s because he`s not dead.
Storm Call might hit them with lightning but not deactivate

Adam Warlock

I tested Lokil for permanency but alas he vanished after a short period alone.
Sad but not heartbroken since I know he has clones out there.
I went back to Dimhollow and retrieved the Mistwatch Bandit I had abandoned for him.

Legate Rikke remains however and I`m going to pair her up with Sulla Trebatius since they both wear heavy Imperial gear and their combat styles are complimentary.

A Find the Helm of Winterhold quest sent me to Hobb`s Fall Cave where I encountered a Master Necromancer who doesn`t moan. A Breton with a Mohawk haircut and beard tied in a knot , he is quite powerful(lvl36) and is the 1st thrall I`ve seen who will use a SCROLL in combat(summons storm atronach).
Even though he won`t use raising staffs, he loves the atronach and destruction staffs. Has his own frost and lightning spells as well as wards and flesh armor.
I`m not going to turn in the Helm in the hopes I can create a perm like with Haldyn, etc. by not finishing that quest.
So far so good since I left him at the same time as Lokil and he`s still there

Right now I'm testing out the caller and lu'ah skaven and theyre decent they aren't the most exciting thralls out there lu'ah spams ice spike and the caller likes lightning oriented attacks unfortunately she doesn't teleport like orchendor and the only time u will get her too is when u attack her causing her to teleport back to her chambers Lu'ah by the way will use healing spells on her self too Both only come in robes and boots and use flesh spells

Adam Warlock

Newest thralls have been a couple of Vampire Scouts(some don`t moan) and a mage by the name of Taron Dreth who is a Dawnguard addition.
Dreth throws mostly Fireballs so far but only one mission tried with him.
USEPWiki says he`s got a lot of nice perks so I`m hoping he`s not a temp body since he is a random encounter character. I will report more on him later

Adam Warlock

I have to give Taron Dreth a thumbs down as a thrall.
This is definitely a bugged character.
has physical tics like a case of severe Tourette`s.
won`t stand still and constantly turns and tries to walk away a couple of steps before returning.
this causes real headaches whenever he`s close to a door or entrance because he will go through it , often getting lost or left behind.
he had some powerful fire but he got owned 3 different times by a Snowy Sabre Cat , Bandit Marauder , and Falmer Gloomlurker. Mage Armor never appeared or any other spell for that matter.
and he moaned like an Altmer . ugh

USEPWiki gives a wide range of levels for Taron so maybe that was why mine was weak

On the bright side , I was exiting Robber`s Gorge when I discovered the body(arrow in head) of that long-lost respawning mage Sebastian Lort !!!
His first kill was a Visiting Advisor in Riften but the real test will come when he faces a Nightlord or Nightmaster.
wish he was a perm but such are the dangers of necromancy

Lol finally my search for orchendor is over and now that I have him back again! Now its time for me to start my quest for arch curate vyrthur!!! Right now I'm at level 40 but I'm not gonna push my luck with him by leveling past that and finding out that necromage doesn't apply to him so I'm not gonna level up till I have him under the reigns of my spell of the unliving!!!! Muhahahahahahahahahahhahahh!!! Oops! Sorry about that got kinda carried away! Lol nvm I'm with fellow necromancers here! I bid u farewell until I have news of my success!

Adam Warlock

Lol finally my search for orchendor is over and now that I have him back again! Now its time for me to start my quest for arch curate vyrthur!!! Right now I'm at level 40 but I'm not gonna push my luck with him by leveling past that and finding out that necromage doesn't apply to him so I'm not gonna level up till I have him under the reigns of my spell of the unliving!!!! Muhahahahahahahahahahhahahh!!! Oops! Sorry about that got kinda carried away! Lol nvm I'm with fellow necromancers here! I bid u farewell until I have news of my success!
What kind of gear is your Orchendor using ?

Adam Warlock

And what`s a good necromancer without his evil laugh , anyway ?

I do a lot of maniacal giggling myself .

Adam Warlock

Lort is just great as a lightning tosser !
He`s using a mage armor over his Robes of Recharging and I gave him resist fire and frost enchants on his boots.
he won`t use a shield so he`s still vulnerable to physical attacks
As a clothing only mage I`d rate him just a tad better than Kornalus , Arondil , Silus Vesuius , or Anise if he was permanent

I took him to Morvath`s Lair and he killed a couple of Vampire Thralls before falling when ganged by a Thrall with a warhammer and a Volkihar.

This Dunmer Volkihar doesn`t moan(same clips as the Mistwalker) and sliced her former boss Morvath into pieces with a Dragonbone dagger I gave her !

I`m naming her Thirsty since blood is always on her mind

Lol I got orchendor the best gear he can spawn in, through using the exploit where u take all your thralls gear and move into a new cell. I did about three times and he gots ebony boots, steel cuffed gauntlets, robes of extreme alteration, ring of magicka peerless magicka regain, and a necklace of 100% healing rate. I upgraded the boots and the gauntlets and I'm gonna give him a couple of staves from the atronach forge too.

Golgo_SPB

I have to give Taron Dreth a thumbs down as a thrall.
This is definitely a bugged character.
has physical tics like a case of severe Tourette`s.
won`t stand still and constantly turns and tries to walk away a couple of steps before returning.
this causes real headaches whenever he`s close to a door or entrance because he will go through it , often getting lost or left behind.
he had some powerful fire but he got owned 3 different times by a Snowy Sabre Cat , Bandit Marauder , and Falmer Gloomlurker. Mage Armor never appeared or any other spell for that matter.
and he moaned like an Altmer . ugh
Did you give him weapons and such? Hajvarr did the same thing when he had a bow in his inventory.

Adam Warlock

Did you give him weapons and such? Hajvarr did the same thing when he had a bow in his inventory.
tried bows only , then staffs only , then together , then none
Taron throws fire then runs forward to get owned.
seems reluctant to wield hand weapons too (daggers or whatever)
perhaps others can report on him
he`s a random encounter after you`ve finished the Lost to the Ages quest and you must be carrying or wearing the artifact you made at the secret forge

Adam Warlock

Sebastian Lort and Thirsty are a great team together if you like to watch lightning battles !
Thirsty`s red hair matches the color of the Vampire Armor of Peerless Destruction I gave her to wear and her dark bat visage is truly terrifying and incredibly cool.
Her occasional vocal clips are often responded to by one of Lort`s moans and it can be quiite funny sometimes, like he`s sayng "oh no , don`t go on about that again!"

We had gone to Pinemoon cave to clear a vampire nest for Gunmar and a Revered Dragon attacked when we arrived.
Man , those beasts are U G L Y !
This one had Frost breath and the Drain Vitality shout which can deplete your stats even if you have magic resistance !
It was an awesome fight but thanks to the thick woods there I was able to shout Dragonrend from cover while my thralls fought the grounded dragon.
In addition to 643 gold , 3 bones , and a scale , this flattened version of the traditional dragon was carrying Daedric Armor of Imminent Restoration and a Daedric Warhammer of Winnowing !
WOOT !

Sebastian Lort and Thirsty are a great team together if you like to watch lightning battles !
Thirsty`s red hair matches the color of the Vampire Armor of Peerless Destruction I gave her to wear and her dark bat visage is truly terrifying and incredibly cool.
Her occasional vocal clips are often responded to by one of Lort`s moans and it can be quiite funny sometimes, like he`s sayng "oh no , don`t go on about that again!"

We had gone to Pinemoon cave to clear a vampire nest for Gunmar and a Revered Dragon attacked when we arrived.
Man , those beasts are U G L Y !
This one had Frost breath and the Drain Vitality shout which can deplete your stats .
It was an awesome fight but thanks to the thick woods there I was able to shout Dragonrend from cover while my thralls fought the grounded dragon.
In addition to 643 gold , 3 bones , and a scale , this flattened version of the traditional dragon was carrying Daedric Armor of Imminent Restoration and a Daedric Warhammer of Winnowing ! WOOT !

That's cool I've just finished tying up the final preparations and made all the staves I need! Although I still need to steal one more staff of lightning bolts from collete the restoration teacher from the college of winter hold... And now I'm just deciding on which city to start the dlc in...

Adam Warlock

The Dawnguard radiant quests will bounce around between givers much like the Companions.

The notable exception is Sorine`s quest line that finally results in getting the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow with 3 kinds of magic Dwarven exploding bolts.
Keep asking her if she needs help until you get there then do the other guys quests

Florentius will eventually provide quests for 3 Dawnguard relics , a warhammer that lays down fire runes when you bash with it , a shield that uses stamina to inflict sun damage when holding a block , and the really sweet Rune Axe which gets it`s sun damage power from the undead you kill with it

With dual destruction magic enchants on the crossbow , you can use a bolt of the remaining magic attack to have a serious missle weapon that ignores 50% of armor and is capable of delivering 3 different kinds of magic damage in the same shot !

My current battle strategy is to approach enemy while sneaking or invisible.

My 1st shot is taken at the boss and then the party starts.

About the only time I am required to get involved after that is with swarms like the falmer
usually i just watch the fighting , loot , and giggle madly when i find a nice piece of swag

LoL nice unfortunately we would be enemies in the land of skyrim bc I have decided to become a vampire lord!!! But I'm bummed out that the undead horse arvak is a summon not a power so I can't use him... But I do enjoy knowing that I can heal my thralls with the necromanic healing spell even if both of my thralls will be able to heal themselves... I also heard that the summons that u use in vampire lord form are not affected by your conjuration tree! Muhahahahahahahahahahhahahh Munax kinbok cruel leader, lord of the undead will not be denied any more! I will shroud skyrim in eternal darkness!