• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Third, First

• First

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • Third

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
First person view in Skyrim would be so much better and more appealing if my character had feet. Nothing breaks immersion more in first person than looking down and seeing nothing but ground. My body! My body! What happened to my body?!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Third person when using melee attacks. First person when using ranged spells or archery.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Third person when using melee attacks. First person when using ranged spells or archery.

Same. For me, third person when just walking around as well. (I grew up on platformers, not FPS's).

Exception - for actually-roleplayed characters, I stay exclusively in first person.

MoulinRouge

Same here. Only I use 1st person for archery. I kind of like seeing my character in action other times though.

Sevrin

Well, see I kinda got used to third but I'm beginning to like first.
Tell me one or the other not both or different ones at different times.

Different ones at different times.

Don't try to limit my opinion. Jerk.

Purdekat

I prefer to play in third person for the simple & extremely annoying reason that playing in first person gives me motion sickness, not just Skyrim all FP games do and after years & years of playing games have never found a "cure" for this. If Im using archery I do flip to FP for better aiming (playing on PC) but thats all. :confused:

I voted 3rd. But I like both aspects. Like mentioned above, it makes you feel more like you're the one running around when you play in 1st. It's also easier to pick stuff up because I play w/ no HUD. But I like 3rd because it's a nice change.
Edit: Also 1st gives such a richer perspective. Really helps with immersion .

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
I know you said not to say different times for each view. I voted 3rd person but it really does change, I played my first character entirely third person but my second I've played in first a lot more.

It is far better during melee combat to be in third because you can see all around you, which is really handy because sometimes you find yourself surrounded. In first person it's just to hard to tell which enemies are where, you might get hit from behind by an enemy that will deal you more damage then the one you are facing.

However first person view is perfect for doing stealthy things, sneaking, using a bow in combat it help you aim better, when shoplifting you seem to be able to reach things better in first person. I really do think it does depend on what your doing, I tend to switch between both a lot it's only a click of a button and I feel like I really am getting the best out of the game using both views =)

Purr

:3
At first I played only third person and I was like "HOW ANYONE COULD PLAY FIRST PERSON??? THIS IS SO STUPID" ... but when I played archer type character I fell in love. : D Now I can't understand how I was able to play third person. Now I'm always playing in first person and I like it! It's little scary in dungeons, but that's good thing.

So, first got my vote. :-)

I think both have their uses in specific instances. What I mean is, for combat and immersion while getting around, I use first person - both with melee and ranged characters.

Every now and then, however, I wanna see how my character blends in with the game world. Specifically with a tribal lookin bosmer hunter, that plops is just badass hiding in the brush ;)

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Both. I voted for First because I have been battling a lot more in that POV, but I love third person because I like to look at my character. And the death animations in Third are amazing.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Always first person, if it's available, whatever the game. In third person I get distracted and, especially in driving games, I mistime movement and turns.

Sevrin

Always first person, if it's available, whatever the game. In third person I get distracted and, especially in driving games, I mistime movement and turns.

Really? I can't drive well at all in first person...I should work on that though. It'd make the cop chases more intense...

But for Skyrim, I stay in first unless I want to get a look at my character.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
Third person besides for when I have to aim a spell or an arrow.

IpmaN

First person for Ranged combat, Conversation with NPC, sneaking, picking & stealing items and last but not the least... Lydia's b**bs & ass... :p

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I never use third person