• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Third, First

• First

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • Third

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Well, see I kinda got used to third but I'm beginning to like first.
Tell me one or the other not both or different ones at different times.

Alyssea

I hate first person. I used it for about an hour when I first started playing, but then realized that I could switch to third, and have only gone back to first when the cut scenes have forced me to.

I hate first person. I used it for about an hour when I first started playing, but then realized that I could switch to third, and have only gone back to first when the cut scenes have forced me to.
thank you i have been needing to understand which people like more

I love third person. Once you get used to it, I think it can even help you be a better player. (seeing behind you, no blood spatter/distracting view effects)

LadySapphira

I like first person, because it feels more like you're the one running around. But in reality I switch back and forth according to the situation.

My char is a range fighter right now, so 1st person works. If I were up close I'd want a different view. 3rd person, on xbox anyway does not work well if you back into a wall or tight corner, or need a full view of everywhere BUT behind you. Thus for my character 1st person works best.

For climbing mountains, 3rd person. Dungeons/small spaces 1st person. I personally don't mind the spatter though I'd rather not have it, it kinda makes sense...

I like first person, because it feels more like you're the one running around. But in reality I switch back and forth according to the situation.

My char is a range fighter right now, so 1st person works. If I were up close I'd want a different view. 3rd person, on xbox anyway does not work well if you back into a wall or tight corner, or need a full view of everywhere BUT behind you. Thus for my character 1st person works best.

For climbing mountains, 3rd person. Dungeons/small spaces 1st person. I personally don't mind the spatter though I'd rather not have it, it kinda makes sense...
also good points friend thanks i might stick with what you said however

Adam Warlock

1st person about 80% of the time . Always when wielding a bow.
I will switch to 3rd person when engaging a grounded dragon though and sometimes when fighting large groups where watching my backside is important.
xbox like LadySapphira and she`s right about what happens with clipping in 3rd person when near walls and corners

1st person about 80% of the time . Always when wielding a bow.
I will switch to 3rd person when engaging a grounded dragon though and sometimes when fighting large groups where watching my backside is important.
xbox like LadySapphira and she`s right about what happens with clipping in 3rd person when near walls and corners
agreed, point closed i like 1st person more thanks everyone

Harperlarp

I keep switching. I like to see my character a lot but I'll usually play in 1st person. If im running around a town r out in the wild ill usually go 3rd person but for combat I switch back. I do have 1 character who I'm only playing in 3rd person view, just to be different.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I use both view modes. First person whenever I engage in combat or enter a building or dungeon. Third person is used when taking a stroll around town or the countryside.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
I use First for dark places and the such. Third for exploring and stuff like that. Overall I use Third more often.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I couldn't vote because I use both pretty regularly. On PC it's kind of easy. If you are fighting something and you need to aim a bow, you only have to flip your mouse wheel and then can flip it back out just as fast if you need too.

I can say that I use 1st person for:
Shooting Arrows
Casting Destruction Spells
Looking at landscapes
Walking thru close-quarter dungeons
Talking to Vendors

and 3rd person for:

fighting in most melee
Most running around in the game
finding good screenshots of my character
Bring up the inventory to have a screen of what I am putting on
Oogling a female characters butt......

.......:oops:

I have spent te vast majority of my gaming life playing FPS games like Halo and Battlefield so that feels best, I do switch back and forth while walking, but thats because I like to like at my character.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk