Things that make you go hmm (or wtf)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
After ....."removing"..... the 2 Alik'r warriors who were harassing her on the road, the Redguard woman flees in terror from me. Huh?! I just helped you, lady!

Then, upon arriving at Whiterun, I find I have a bounty for the crime of killing the 2 Alik'r - - yes, the Alik'r that the Whiterun guards have forcibly ejected from the city. Apparently the same Redguard woman whom I saved turned me in for my 'crime'...... sigh.

Stay classy, Skyrim.
What I don't understand is why, or for that matter how, horses, spiders, goats or even dogs can turn you in for a crime. It's just weird. What, does Dr. Doolittle travel from town to town like a demented Scotland Yard Inspector interviewing all the animals to see if they've witnessed any crimes? I hate to kill 'em, but, apparently, if you commit a crime, you have to eliminate ALL witnesses which, unfortunately seems to include critters. :)

And may the gods help you if a CHILD witnesses your crime, because they are indestructible. o_O

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
The time I had a mudcrab steal my finishing blow on a dragon... damn opportunist mudcrab sonuvabitch. :mad:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Heimskr "accidentally" got in the way of my Daedric war ax on my way up to Dragonsreach during the Battle for Whiterun. I am just putting his demise down to a casualty of war.. I got a 40 bounty and a 1000 bounty, but no-one tried to arrest me. o_O

I searched and searched for the killer zombie chicken shrine.. I found it, but no Necromancer! I was so disappointed I zombified the chickens myself..

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
WHERE IS THIS CHICKEN SHRINE OMG

Major WTF moment for me was in a mine (don't remember which one) I saw the most amusing of all carnival rides, the Wagon and Shovel. :D I did a running jump onto said wagon with a shovel in it and the shovel spazzed everywhere and damaged me a tiny bit and the cart shook and shook and went FLYING across the room :eek: I fell through the ground, kept falling and all I saw was NEON BLUE infinity and then I landed on the lowest level of the mine, unharmed. I walked all the way back up and the shovel was laying there where I fell through the floor. What.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
In this one spot in the reach. The ground shakes, like there is a dragon except there isn't or I've never started the main quest to allow dragons. It's like there is an earth quake going on or something.

Another is when random bodies fall from the sky and land in front of me. Scares the plops out of me sometimes, walking along minding my business. Next moment kamikaze NPC.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Whenever I turn around to see a Sabre Cat charging at me my heart nearly explodes, and WTF would be when a Draugr Death Overlord shouted me across the room for the first time.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Ever completed Promises to Keep? Then you know what happens to Louis Letrush o_O That was a major wtf moment for me.
I'm pretty sure that one depends on the choices you make.

Had a dead bandit buried up to his waist just outside of the Whiterun gates. Perhaps he had been placed there by the guards as a warning to other bandits.

khazan99

In this one spot in the reach. The ground shakes, like there is a dragon except there isn't or I've never started the main quest to allow dragons. It's like there is an earth quake going on or something.

Yes I have experienced that same 'earthquake tremor' thing... it is pretty weird! I of course did the same thing - started looking up in the air for a dragon, but it seems to be just a random natural occurence. I have noticed it more than once and always in the same place: on the road SE of Markarth past Old Hroldan, on the way to Fort Sungard.

Chadonraz

Yes I have experienced that same 'earthquake tremor' thing... it is pretty weird! I of course did the same thing - started looking up in the air for a dragon, but it seems to be just a random natural occurence. I have noticed it more than once and always in the same place: on the road SE of Markarth past Old Hroldan, on the way to Fort Sungard.

I've experienced that as well, and eventually figured it was probably because of the Dwemer ruin added by Dawnguard (Arknsomething). The same earthquake thing occurs periodically when you're near that ruin.

Oddly enough it only happened after I bought Dawnguard but before I got the LE. Hasn't happened on the PC LE, either. o_O

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Isn't that the same area where you do the Aetherium quests? Lord knows there's plenty of shakers there.

khazan99

Chadonraz and Daelon : that's a good point re: the Aetherium quest, but I am almost 100% certain I experienced that tremor before any of the DLC was released.

I could be mistaken, or, perhaps the effect was in place prior to the DLC being released. Very curious. I'm just glad to know other people noticed it - I though I was going crazy (or, crazier, I suppose...)

Annageckos

I've come across this spot before. First time playing I was riding a horse and my controller ( ps3) started to shake. I turned and ran as fast as I could. It made me so nervous. I hadn't released the dragons yet either.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
After ....."removing"..... the 2 Alik'r warriors who were harassing her on the road, the Redguard woman flees in terror from me. Huh?! I just helped you, lady!

Then, upon arriving at Whiterun, I find I have a bounty for the crime of killing the 2 Alik'r - - yes, the Alik'r that the Whiterun guards have forcibly ejected from the city. Apparently the same Redguard woman whom I saved turned me in for my 'crime'...... sigh.

Stay classy, Skyrim.
aghh those people up in Skyrim know nothing about being grateful I once saved several peoples lives from a dragon and here they turn around and attack me well what they forgot to realize that winged demon just saved their lives if not for him they would all be dead.

Yeah, I discovered the hard way that you have to kill the innocent Redguard woman if you want to stay bounty free. Now I just ignore those guys when I come across them in my travels.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.

I've come across this spot before. First time playing I was riding a horse and my controller ( ps3) started to shake. I turned and ran as fast as I could. It made me so nervous. I hadn't released the dragons yet either.

Don't you also absorb a dragon soul? I know I do. I just wish I'd marked that spot on my map so I can get it with every character. I DO know it's on a main road, though.

Annageckos

I've never absorbed a dragons soul from that spot, hasn't mattered if I had already done the dragon rising quest yet or not. It is on the road, heading towards Markarth I think.

khazan99

Don't you also absorb a dragon soul? I know I do. I just wish I'd marked that spot on my map so I can get it with every character. I DO know it's on a main road, though.

Wow, really? I never noticed that before. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I am wandering that way.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I've experienced that as well, and eventually figured it was probably because of the Dwemer ruin added by Dawnguard (Arknsomething). The same earthquake thing occurs periodically when you're near that ruin.

Oddly enough it only happened after I bought Dawnguard but before I got the LE. Hasn't happened on the PC LE, either. o_O

It was before any dlc, I've had it since getting Skyrim when it came out. It's also not anywhere near those ruins, since they are more closer to an Orc stronghold than the Reach/Whiterun border.

If I remember correctly it is on the way to Rorikstead before the turn off, there is a path that leads towards the Reach. It has a cart, dead horse and khajiit also bear traps. Following it leads you to a path that branches left, leading towards Falkreath Hold where there is a Hunter with a tent, a cave with a Necromancer out front and Orcs in a mine.

Following the path straight, you'll have the ground shake.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Never encountered that earthquake spot. I DID encounter those bathers in the hot springs though :p No idea where that was, but I thought for sure it was a modded thing that I'd only seen on Youtube, or something, but apparently it really is in the game :eek:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
This is what happened in my game last night. It was so hilarious I had to video it. Deekus sort of morphed into his chair and spun out after I shot him with an arrow. I haven't worked out how to take GOOD video on xbox yet, but I will experiment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts