The morality of your character(s)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
Well i don't really want to worry about morallity in Skyrim. See i loved how in Oblivion depending on who you were sided with was really the question of "who liked me?" If i choose to kill someone and pay the fine and become good again afterwards i would like that not to be permanent. Sometimes you need a good killing spree of evil on any good account. My assassin will make moral desiscions and yet still be unmerciful to those who annoy thee:)

Travis

Do you already know how “evil” and how “good” your character is going to be? Post your responses below.

For my assassin character it will be something along the lines of “chaotic good”, I suppose, as he will not be afraid to use extreme measures to reach his goal but if possible he tries to avoid innocent casualties. As for my mage, he’ll be a paragon of virtue and I’ll try to kill no NPC in the game. I shall see how feasible this is in my second playthrough :p

I don’t think I will steal stuff with either of them if the system works like it did in Oblivion (e.g. having to sell your loot to a fence). That was just sooo annoying.
Interesting. I liked that you could only sell stolen stuff to a fence. It was an inconvenience for sure, but it sort of added to the realism. One thing I think they could have changed, it would have been cool if you could sell stolen stuff to regular merchants, but they stood a chance of being able to tell that it was stolen, and then report you to the guards. That really would have kept me on my toes :)

Travis

Chaotic good for me, all the way. I like playing a good character, I feel uncomfortable being evil, even in a video game, but I like that element of vigilanty justice, or not being afraid to break a law if I don't think it's fair.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Travis, you can edit your posts, you know ;D ? There’s no need for double posts.

Interesting. I liked that you could only sell stolen stuff to a fence. It was an inconvenience for sure, but it sort of added to the realism.
It added to the realism? What? How would they be able to distinguish between weapons you stole and weapons that you took from some bandits you slew earlier? Especially if you stole your goods from a place on the one end of the land and sold them on the other end of the land.
Your suggestion is what would add to the realism. If you sold your stolen goods to merchants in the area of your theft some time after you stole them then and only then should they be able to recognize them.

Travis

I just mean, that post professional thieves don't just sell their stolen stuff everywhere things can be purchased. In this way, I think it added to the realism. Granted, in an artificial, and enforced way, but still.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yeah and do you know why they don’t do that? Because few stores will buy all sorts of random crap at decent prices. The only ones that do that are pawn shops and they offer plopsty prices.

Travis

I'll give you that. But what about my proposal to be able to sell your stuff to anyone, but if you sell to a none fence, then you stand a chance of getting caught?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Normally, I have no qualm about killing criminals like bandit but I think I would break a little if they start crying on their knees. My first character will be an ex-bandit with motherly personality so she won't murder when unnecessary. As for my other characters, that would depend. There might be a gender bias too. Sparing only the women and killing the men.

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
What i loved about Oblivion was the fact that we were Thieves among thieves in the guild questline. It was good too know how we weren't the only ones thinking of completing mischevious deeds. I hope they really impact that in skyrim with the guilds and what not.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Hexperiment, why does that gender bias exist for your characters? Do you have any explanations for that?
I'll give you that. But what about my proposal to be able to sell your stuff to anyone, but if you sell to a none fence, then you stand a chance of getting caught?
Have you read my entire post? I already mentioned that your proposal sounds like a good idea (with a few tweaks) and in fact like the only good idea to do it.

Travis

Travis, you can edit your posts, you know ;D ? There’s no need for double posts.

I'm just readin' and respondin'. If it's a problem though I can totally try to consolidate posts. It just seems easier to hit reply on the one I want to respond to and put down my thoughts while I am having them.

Also, I did miss the second part of your post earlier... sorry, I got distracted with something else mid-read. I'll try to be a little more careful.

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
I hope they fix the fame and infamy from oblivion..I don't need random infamy for completing silent acts of killing.

Flamingtaco

Well i don't really want to worry about morallity in Skyrim. See i loved how in Oblivion depending on who you were sided with was really the question of "who liked me?" If i choose to kill someone and pay the fine and become good again afterwards i would like that not to be permanent. Sometimes you need a good killing spree of evil on any good account. My assassin will make moral desiscions and yet still be unmerciful to those who annoy thee:)
Of course you can always just reload the game and not face any consequences at all

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Hexperiment, why does that gender bias exist for your characters? Do you have any explanations for that?
probably because the character is a gentleman and doesn't like killing woman? I don't know. As much as the society pushes for gender equality, people tend to be more lenient with women. It's just biology, psychology and cultural. I think it's likely that some of my characters would be like that.

Travis

Aww the wonderful world of no consequences. If only real life were more like that. Can you imagine the massive amounts of new discoveries that would be made, if no one were afraid of getting hurt?

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
My character is power hungry, not money hungry.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts