The morality of your character(s)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
My name may be deceiving, even though my name's Renegader, I actually choose Paragon. Paragoner? Nah. :/

Although, I'm pretty sure games are a bit biased in terms of making people choose their morality. They'll obviously put harsh consequences if they choose to be evil otherwise they could get in trouble for encouraging evilness!

Tusck

In the SWTOR mmo, they actually do the evil side really well. I was very surprised. I played an assassin, a smuggler, an operative and a Jedi Knight to fairly high levels in the beta, and they had very distinct conversations for good, neutral or bad. Also your main character is completely voice acted. In that aspect of the game, they did a very nice job.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I was surprised in BG2 when this one lawful good Paladin turned out to be a rigid minded racist. That was because he was lawful, and he couldn't see other hues between black and white. People were either good or bad. For my first playthrough character will have quite loose morals and opportunistic motives in whatever he starts to do. I've played so many times as a good guy, that I got bored. And it's quite refreshing to something different. I would recommend to anyone to jump out of their comfort zone and try out what they haven't done before.

In the SWTOR mmo, they actually do the evil side really well. I was very surprised. I played an assassin, a smuggler, an operative and a Jedi Knight to fairly high levels in the beta, and they had very distinct conversations for good, neutral or bad. Also your main character is completely voice acted. In that aspect of the game, they did a very nice job.

So, you didn't think of it as WoW clone, or somehow dumbed down?

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
Amusei's morality is a mixture of that of the Grey Fox and the Dark Brotherhood. He will hide in the shadows and take a life if need be, but he would never kill or steal from the poor and the beggars.

Grognak is actually a good Orc. He enjoys sailing from port to port and exploring new places and meeting new people. Grognak is just a free spirit, but due to recent events, he's been forced to look at the world a bit differently. He now only fights and kills for self defense or a just cause.

Haven't a clue about Felicia though.

Flamingtaco

Amusei's morality is a mixture of that of the Grey Fox and the Dark Brotherhood. He will hide in the shadows and take a life if need be, but he would never kill or steal from the poor and the beggars.
That tends to be how I play. I like in oblivion when I had mods that added unnamed generic npcs like farmer, knight, hunter, mage, etc. to populate the world. I felt a lot better about assassinating and stealing from them. I generally don't like killing off npcs that could be at all important for quests or anything. In general I start out trying to be good, but I'll be bad when it suits my needs.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I will most likely be good, in Oblivion I was good and whenever I would kill an innocent I would feel bad and re load my save, but that is the beauty of re loading.. I would go on huge killing sprees but in the end still be good and have nothing altered :)

Flamingtaco

I would go on huge killing sprees but in the end still be good and have nothing altered :)
I think that's something everyone does. If I've been playing Oblivion for several hours straight just doing quests the good way then eventually I can't take it anymore so I need a break to run around on a rampage with god mode on. :p

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
That tends to be how I play. I like in oblivion when I had mods that added unnamed generic npcs like farmer, knight, hunter, mage, etc. to populate the world. I felt a lot better about assassinating and stealing from them. I generally don't like killing off npcs that could be at all important for quests or anything. In general I start out trying to be good, but I'll be bad when it suits my needs.
It's kinda hard for me to just be pure evil and wipe everyone out. I get emotional attachments to some of the characters and I just get immersed so deeply that I feel like I know the people.

Flamingtaco

I think you can expect that even more so now that there are actual relationship systems in place. If you have not picked up on it yet, alongside marriage, Todd Howard did mention friendship as a viable option. Now killing your friends will be even harder. Plus the dialogue system and general appearance are more realistic so its easier for an attachment to grow.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Here's an interesting question. Apparently in the game, if you slaughter a group of bandits, the last one remaining might get down on his or her knee and beg you to spare his or her life. Will you spare the bandit?

Swordsmansmith

Durryn Kil' ana "cold blooded people of the night". A drow assassin with no respect for life and only motivated to further his own ends. He doesn't draw unwanted attention to himself but neither will he tolerate scorn from any of the lower races. The shadows are his cloak and a blade is always handy.

Akatosh

I feel like i will make morale decisions in the games as if i would if the situations were in RL. maybe steal a few things just to get some quick money other than that. follow the law and be a good citizen. how can you be the savor, the dragonborn and be evil. you cant save people and kill them at the same time.

Akatosh

Wasn't Amusei that argonian in oblivion that tried to get into the thieves guild when u do the first mission for the thieves guild. im pretty sure. it was the redguard dude giving the orders and the argonian and the dark elf competing against you.

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
Wasn't Amusei that argonian in oblivion that tried to get into the thieves guild when u do the first mission for the thieves guild. im pretty sure. it was the redguard dude giving the orders and the argonian and the dark elf competing against you.
Nah that's not him. Amusei in Oblivion was the Argonian in the first or second quest you do for S'kriiva in the Thieves Guild where you have to get some lady's ring back and it turns out the countess of Leyawinn has it. Amusei originally stole the ring but he got caught and was thrown in jail.

Akatosh

Nah that's not him. Amusei in Oblivion was the Argonian in the first or second quest you do for S'kriiva in the Thieves Guild where you have to get some lady's ring back and it turns out the countess of Leyawinn has it. Amusei originally stole the ring but he got caught and was thrown in jail.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Amusei if you see there he actually was one of the three competitors to compete to join the thieves guild at the waterfront.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Here's an interesting question. Apparently in the game, if you slaughter a group of bandits, the last one remaining might get down on his or her knee and beg you to spare his or her life. Will you spare the bandit?

Being opportunistic and all, I might save him. Because, there's nothing to lose in sparing a life, and it will most likely result in gratitude later on. But, paranoia must have a stronger factor on this desicision; who would trust a thief? Thus, thinking he/she is a lying bastard, I slay him/her on the spot.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Hm, turns out this question is harder than I thought. My pacifistic Nord would obviously not kill them in the first place and if he did it anyway for some reason then he would certainly spare someone who surrendered. I am not so sure about my Argonian assassin though. I haven’t worked much on his ethics yet. I suppose he wouldn’t do it just like my Shepard in “Mass Effect” only killed those who left him no choice (other than not confronting them at all). So I guess if they attack me on sight, they die. If they cease their attacks (for example by surrendering), they live, I suppose.

Tusck

I would kill them on pretty much any character. They chose to rob and kill without mercy so why should he expect mercy now. That's the problem with today's youths, they don't want to take responsibility for their actions. The bandit dies!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yeah, I am sure they will learn their lesson after getting killed as a punishment :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts