• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    Unable to contain himself, Destrik roared with laughter as the corpse began doing a jig in front of his very eyes. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't keep himself from smiling. This was the most fun he had partaken in within the last 300 years. Eventually laughing so hard that his rib began bothering him, he lied back in the grass, closing his eyes and relaxing. ''Corpse! Go fetch more firewood.'' He commanded, and the corpse immediately stopped mid jig and proceeded to gather more wood. Turning slightly, Destrik opened one eye, peeking at Seryn. ''I could teach you how to do that and more.'' He said. ''if your interested?''

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    Seryn had the look of a child who had jut learned something incredibly amazing. Once the corpse had started dancing she had grinned so wide and even clapped her hands. This was probably the most amazing thing ever! She looked at Destrik when he offered too teach her Necromancy, "Could you....I mean...really?" She wasn't a mage, she couldn't even cast a simple healing spell but if he believed it possible too teach her Necromancy, then she was all for it.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    ''Sure , anyone can learn with the right level of dedication.'' He replied, a smile still plastered to his face. ''Seryn..'' He whispered. ''I'm sleepy, I'm going to just lay here and...re...relax.'' Destrik whispered, as he drifted off to sleep. arms outstretched like he was preparing to hug the entire sky.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    "Hm..." she smiled a bit and looked around. Within a few hours the fire had died out and Seryn practically shivered from the cold. Blasted Skyrim, always bloody cold! Destrik seemed too be sleeping just fine. Even Seryn was feeling a little tired, she yawned and crawled over too Destrik. She'd wake up before him and be able too move away before he even knew anything. Seryn curled up against his back and closed her eyes and finally grew warm and fell asleep.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Virk's eyes slowly opened and the vampire was gone or appeared to. Yet the group seemed short in one member. Seryn was gone. "What happened?" He stood up and rubbed his neck again. "Damn vampires..." He moved around to see if anyone was hurt. It appeared Roggvar was the one who was worst injured by the fight with the vampire. Both Roggvar and Virk were with some trouble-making injuries. Then Virk noticed he had moved from the place where he went unconscious. Anya must have dragged him there. "Virk wants to thank Anya for saving him. Did Anya kill the vampire?" If she did so, then Virk would be happy for getting rid of that threat, if not Virk would be happy to try his luck again killing it. There was no way he wouldn't like her answer. Virk was willing to fight the vampire since he had just witnessed and experienced a fight against one, and made him some problems too.

IAmRoggvar98

Traveling Huntsman
    "Unfortunately, no. The bastard took Seryn." The flaring emotion on Roggvar's face eerily mismatched the supressed calm of his voice. "HE TOOK SERYN,"Roggvar exploded with emotion, kicking his pack and sending the contents of it sprawling across the ground. He began to pace the length of the cave, running his good hand through his thick hair as it fell in his face. Eventually, Roggvar sat down and pulled a few pieces of medical supplies from his pack.

He pulled the Imp Stool mushrooms out, and used a mortar and pestle to grind them with water into a paste. This he applied to all of his open wounds, giving some to the others as well. Then, Roggvar wrapped a bandage around his torso for the gash on his chest, and did the same thing with the gash in his head. Lastly, Roggvar addressed the wrist. Being careful, Roggvar twisted the wrist back into its correct position, wincing with pain as it bent. Then, he straightened his fingers carefully, and laid a thick firewood branch down the length of his forearm, tying it tightly around his wrist and hand especially. This rendered his left hand completely useless, but was the best he could manage to allow the wound to heal.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    For someone as quick-minded as Remy, everything had happened so suddenly, beyond his comprehension. For once, his mouth was shut, having no words to describe what just happened. He sat on the ground cross-legged, just staring down at the stony floor. He took another moment to look at his metal arm, slowly making a fist. He let out an anger-ridden yell, something this optimist was unaccustomed to doing. The Breton punched the ground repeatedly in frustration, and rightfully so. He just stood back, frozen in awe of the situation while his friends risked their lives taking on the man he was openly willing to allow to join. If he couldn't think on his feet on this occasion against some random vampire, what chance did he stand against a dragonborn? His inability to participate didn't allow him to aid his friends in freeing Seryn when they all needed it most, and forced Arngeir to resort to the final-most plausible means of ridding the beast from this location.

He stopped beating down on the poor ground and looked to the others. His gaze met the coping Anya, a dazed Irelius, a recovering Virk, and a distraught Roggvar. He stared back at the ground, feeling he couldn't look them in the eye. He still spoke to them, but in a tone much more subtle and slower-paced than his usual voice. "I... I'm sorry, friends. For that I truly am." Still with his head down, he pick himself up off the ground and slowly made his way to his set-up on the other end of the cave.

He took out a notepad and some charcoal, jotting down all the range of factors and environmental aspects that could have kept him from doing something in that fight. The more he wrote, the more paper would end up on the floor as he scribbled out each possibility, tore the pages, and had strewn them about. Remy believed that science could solve any riddle, unlock any puzzle put in front of him. Unfortunately for him, science had no place in his personal conflict. He was genuinely afraid, and no dwarven machinery or alchemical alembic could ever mask that.

IAmRoggvar98

Traveling Huntsman
    Roggvar walked over to Remy and sat hugging his knees, his face turned towards the Breton. "You are not a warrior. We could not expect you to act as such. As I said before, I feel you will be the most important asset of this group." Roggvar paused for a second. "By the Nine!" Roggvar sprinted over to the pot, which was overboiling. He grabbed a few wooden bowls and began to ladle out the overcooked mixture into them. "Well, at least we've got dinner, right?" Roggvar suddenly realized he had poured one too many bowls. Seryn. His heart dropped into his stomach, a sense of guilt and sorrow glazing his eyes with salty tears. Roggvar addressed Seryn as if she was standing next to him, the words he spoke echoing in his head. I will find the monster that took you. And I will kill him. Roggvar only knew the woman for a day, but in the small twitches of her face, the attitude and pride she walked with, the seldom few smiles that flashed across her face, Roggvar felt like he knew her better than he'd known anyone before.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    Destrik began slowly opening his eyes. He had slept fairly well and took note that his wounds were healing better than he could have hoped for. What he hadn't noticed until now was the Nightingale curled up next to him. He looked down at her, When he realized his arm was draped across her he felt his face flush. ''Blast it all. If i move she will wake up and it will be awkward for both of us.'' He whispered.

Making peace with the fact that he could not go anywhere yet, he returned to lying down. ''This is kind of...nice.'' Thought Destrik. He hadn't been this close to anyone in centuries. Smilng Destrik closed his eyes, not to sleep, only to relax and enjoy this feeling until the Nightingale woke up. At which point he planned to act like he were still asleep, that way it isn't as awkward.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    There was a small path, lit only by some unknown light. She looked ahead and followed the small path. It seemed too lead on forever when suddenly she fell back as if a wall blocked her from moving any farther. Two figures stood in front of her, they were much larger than Seryn. She recognized both of them but only one by name. Nocturnal. The other was a man, dressed in fine furs, like one of the warriors of the forsworn. But he was different, he carried an aura of calmness, that warmed Seryn too the core. She gazed up at them, unable too speak...unable too move. The man...no...the God..held out his hands too her and smiled, "Return too us....". His words angered Nocturnal, who crossed her arms and sneered, "Sentinel, do you dare turn your back on me?" her voice was calm but Seryn knew better. Seryn opened her mouth too speak but her voice was gone. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish gasping for breath. "Speak Sentinel! Or shall I take your silence as treason?!" Nocturnal began yelling and advancing on Seryn. Seryn's instinct told her too flee, she scrambled too her feet and ran away from the two figures who did not chase her. Deciding not too risk stopping just yet, her feet continued their pace until she found herself falling over the side of a cliff. She hit the ground with a solid thump.

Seryn's eyes snapped open and she sat up, alert. Looking over at Destrik she stood and walked over too what she claimed as 'her spot'. Lightly, she rubbed her eyes and yawned. That was an odd dream, even odder that Seryn was not the one too have dreams. Deciding it too be unimportant, she did not think of it anymore. She glanced over at Destrik and wondered if he would be hungry when he woke. Seryn pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    When he felt Seryn stand and move away, Destrik thought it was safe. Yawning for show, he opened his eyes and looked toward the Nightingale. She was standing a decent distance away,inching her nose and shaking her head. ''Whats wrong Seryn?'' He asked. Standing he walked over to her. ''Are you hurt? Bad dream?'' He inquired. Destrik was hungry, to say the least. He also noticed that Seryn's bandages needed changing again.

Scanning the area, he found that his ''snack'' had ran out of magicka while he was sleeping and fallen into the fire. ''Ruined...'' He thought to himself. ''Seryn, what would you like to eat?'' He asked.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    "Nothing important.. and no I'm not hungry, I can go hunt you down some breakfast though, if you're hungry" Seryn stood and grabbed the bow and slung the quiver of arrows over her shoulder and onto her back. This little hunt would give her time too clear her mind and practice her archery.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    A little taken aback Destrik looked into her eyes. ''Uh. Yeah i am a little but are you sure your ok?'' He asked. ''I suppose if you hunt then it will give me time to wash up.'' He said, smiling.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    "Alright, try not too stress your rib too much...I'll be back as soon as I'm done" she nodded a farewell and walked off into the sanctity of the shadowy trees. Seryn was in her element, trees and shadows that cloaked her every movement. Her bosmer and Nightingale instincts were more than happy too be hunting.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    When Seryn dissappeared from view, Destrik began removing his clothing and folded it neatly. After placing his clothing neatly beside the bank of the rives, he dove in. The cold water felt great on his skin. Destrik layyed back floating in the water, enjoying the coolness of it. ''I could get used to this.'' He thought to himself. Destrik swam to the edge and got out of the water. Removing the bandits pants and wearing them. ''His pants fit, but the shirt is scorched.'' he said. Destrik then began his daily excercises, drilling as many punches into a tree as possible and running laps at absurd speeds.

"A vampire just jacked all of us and left with the only moderately attractive woman in fifty miles."

Anya resisted rolling her eyes and let the boy slump against the wall. She knew she was not unattractive, and in better circumstances, she would probably say something about it. He was in pain, though, and he didn't need that from her. She heard Virk ask about the vampire, and the boy's emotions took over his face. He threw himself around the cave a bit before setting out bowls of food, moving with more speed that Anya would suspect he was able.

Remy, she could see, was ashamed of his part in the fight. "The boy is right," said Anya. "You are not a warrior, and it was wise not to try to be one. We can't afford more foolish mistakes." She looked down at her arms and noticed the leather was a little warped, but not destroyed. She could repair it later that night, given time. Papers began to fly around Remy, and Anya wanted to comfort him somehow, but he looked like he needed his space for the moment.

Instead, Anya picked up the food bowls and distributed them to before returning to the boy. "He broke your wrist, mm? Let me see."

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Remy took into consideration Roggvar and Anya's words. What stuck out to him was the similar statement they both made. "You are not a warrior. We could not expect you to act as such." "You are not a warrior, and it was wise not to try to be one." Remy sighed, closing the book he was writing frantically in before. "Perhaps this is the problem." He knew being a warrior wasn't his dilemma. The fact that he failed to act at all is what's clinging to him. He didn't mind lacking the fighting ability of a warrior. But the heart of a warrior is all he could have ever asked for. "They care, that's all that matters now. I still have time to get my wits about me. I refuse to count myself out. At least not yet. Not now." Remy stood back up to properly dispose of all the paper littered about. He could smell food, but before going, made slight reparations to his arm needed from the training with Virk earlier. He also replaced the scepter's glass orb with a spare since it had broken as well. Doing what he loved was enough to bring his spirits back up, and he joined the two already beginning to eat.

He picked up a bowl and sat beside them near the fire. His first observation was the three bowls remaining. "I take it there weren't meant to be seconds. I could be wrong though. I don't recall anyone asking for sec... wait. Ah." Remy had realized it, but didn't bring the subject up. It was obvious the ranger had taken the biggest emotional blow in the group. Remy quietly slurped his soup and let Roggvar and Anya share this one moment that didn't involve being at each other's throats for once.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Virk realized keeping an unhealthy hatred would not lead him anywhere and eating something would definitely provide him a good side for that lousy day. He sat down, smiled to the food, a grace he didn't always manage to have, before the Greybeards picked him up, and shoved the soup down his throat to satisfy his usual enormous hulking appetite. No vampire or badly ending fight would stop him from enjoying good... from enjoying milld... from enjoying any type of food. Even if it was some burnt stew that would turn most people off.

IAmRoggvar98

Traveling Huntsman
    "Let me see."

Roggvar glanced up at the women, surprised at her interest. "Th- thank you. Okay." Roggvar slowly unwrapped his hand, wincing as the bandage came off. The wrist was now positioned in the right direction, but it was still obviously broken. His fingers were limp, as moving them brought him pain.

With a sigh, Anya looked over the snapped bones, touching them as little as possible. He'd managed to set it properly, but it would take weeks if not months to heal on its own. She glanced up and noticed his surprise. "There's no trick. Sit still."

She pressed his hand between both of her as gently as she could and focused her energy on fixing it. "I don't hate you, boy," she said. "I think you're young and arrogant, but you need your hand." It was slow, this healing, but she couldn't afford to do it any faster and risk killing herself over it.

After a few minutes, she released him and relaxed. "That should work better, at least. You may not think I'm attractive, but I know what I'm doing," she said, a small smirk on her lips.