The death of Margaret Thatcher

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

scarey

Morissey sums up my perceptions of her. Whatever good she did for the UK seems to be heavily outweighed by the bad.

I hear Thatcher thought that Morrisey's last album was poorly mixed, there was far to much treble on the third track and the percussion wasn't up to the mark on track 5.

Unfortunately for Thatcher, no one took her views on album production seriously. Unfortunately for Morrisey, most people couldn't give a damn what he thinks about politics.

What do you think Morissey meant when he said "she hated the Irish Freedom Fighters and allowed them to die"?

Did you even read my first post in this thread when I described from first-hand experience what it was like here in the '70s?

Yes a lot of people suffered, but a lot more people would have suffered for a lot longer without her. I helped vote her out btw.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...Unfortunately for Morrisey, most people couldn't give a damn what he thinks about politics....
So what? Your claim does absolutely nothing to invalidate his perspective on Thatcherism. It's not just his perspecitve either, it's the perspective of a vast number of the citizens of the UK as proven by the fact that he's hardly the lone voice of crtiticism of Thatcher but part of a huge wave of sentiment regarding her. So much so that British media outlets like the Telegraph completely disabled comments for any article about her since her passing and are still being inundated by emails of a similar nature.

...Did you even read my first post in this thread when I described from first-hand experience what it was like here in the '70s?...
I did. I also listened to someone else's first-hand experience about what it was like under her administration:

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Yes a lot of people suffered, but a lot more people would have suffered for a lot longer without her. I helped vote her out btw.
All parties were opposed to the excess of Trade Union power. I can understand Thatchers actions in breaking the Trade Unions, but it was without compassion. Working class industrial communities were destroyed, by her selling off the manufacturing industry, further fueling her lie that 'There is no such thing as society'
No matter who had been voted in, the Unions would have had their power reduced, Thatcher's method lacked compassion.
Things may have been worse in 1970, but the we have the most restrictive Trade Union laws in Europe. All the power in society is now held by the rich elite now, as was evidenced by the 'Dinner for a chat' scandal. Where rich individuals were encouraged to fund the Conservative Party in exchange for influence over party policy by having a chat with Cameron.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts