Spoiler The Dark Brotherhood is pathetic

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MyNameIsJon

anyway , Jon , you made a big mistake by destroying DB . if you can , please load the game again and start doing DB's amazing quest line , thives guild quests are even better .
don't try to be a good guy :p

If indeed it was a mistake, it will just be thrown on top of the thousands I've made in life so far. :)

I'm not *trying* to be a good guy. This is what I would do in real life. Destroy the DB, Thieves Guild, Cannibals, the We Rip Labels Off Mattresses Club.

I don't like messing up other peoples lives, even those of computer game characters. When the first Thieves Guild quest was to screw around with someone who wanted my help, I just could not do that. It would have made me feel bad, even though this is only a game.

bruce142

I don't like messing up other peoples lives, even those of computer game characters. When the first Thieves Guild quest was to screw around with someone who wanted my help, I just could not do that. It would have made me feel bad, even though this is only a game.

Exactly, that's why I've made a mod which allows you to actually destroy the thieves guild (check it out on skyrim nexus : WIP - Destroy the Thieves Guild at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community, note this is a work in progress and a lot of things can change). For Brand-Shei ;).

Storm777

So, I was set on destroying the Dark Brotherhood and couldn't wait to do it. I have already destroyed the Thieves Guild in my game.

So, I kill Astrid and set 2 of the 3 prisoners free. I left the cat. He deserves to die. The 2 prisoners didn't leave the shack. Don't know if they ever do.

I get into the DB hideout outside Falkreath and I am really being stealthy. I creep around not wanting to make a sound. I am afraid something terrible will happen to me if I make a mistake. I find out that most of the DB are alone. I was wondering if I'd face several at once, but that never materialized. I take each one out, then the female with her spider. Then it says mission complete.

I couldn't believe it. I have faced way worse in a bandit nest. Way worse. What on earth is the deal here? I didn't take 1 point of damage.

Anyway, very disappointing. The most disappointing quest in this game so far. It was more fun taking out the Thieves Guild, and more challenging.

Oh well, there's lots more to do. I'll hit another bandit den to raise my spirits.

Seriously, good for you. I had no idea you could kill the DB until my second play through. I did it and enjoyed every last second of it. I hated the DB quest line. I thought it would get better as it progressed and it really doesn't. When they required me to kill Froki, the guy I helped previously I almost stopped there, but saved and wanted to see what was past so I begrudgingly did it. I know this is a video game, and people enjoy role playing, but killing innocent people is simply demented in my mind. The DB really sucks, and after about ten attempts on my life from their little assassins, the retribution was wonderful, although they should have made killing the DB more of a quest line IMO.

Now, I tried killing the TG my first time and couldn't as I thought they were bad as everyone in the ratway was trying to kill me. The game kind of forces an introduction to them. I played just the story line and thought it was well done unlike the DB. You go to a couple ruins that you cannot access without doing the questline. Overall, the TG was pretty cool and well thought out.

My character I play doesn't steal anything unless required by the quest, so the Thieves Guild was always a grey area for me.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Seriously, good for you. I had no idea you could kill the DB until my second play through. I did it and enjoyed every last second of it. I hated the DB quest line. I thought it would get better as it progressed and it really doesn't. When they required me to kill Froki, the guy I helped previously I almost stopped there, but saved and wanted to see what was past so I begrudgingly did it. I know this is a video game, and people enjoy role playing, but killing innocent people is simply demented in my mind. The DB really sucks, and after about ten attempts on my life from their little assassins, the retribution was wonderful, although they should have made killing the DB more of a quest line IMO.

Now, I tried killing the TG my first time and couldn't as I thought they were bad as everyone in the ratway was trying to kill me. The game kind of forces an introduction to them. I played just the story line and thought it was well done unlike the DB. You go to a couple ruins that you cannot access without doing the questline. Overall, the TG was pretty cool and well thought out.

My character I play doesn't steal anything unless required by the quest, so the Thieves Guild was always a grey area for me.

Yea, cause pixelated video games equate to living breathing human beings. Love it when people take the moral high ground in a video game.

Storm777

Yea, cause pixelated video games equate to living breathing human beings. Love it when people take the moral high ground in a video game.

I'm sorry, not everyone is a robot and may put their feeling or emotions into an amazing game like Skyrim. If you enjoy being a sociopath so be it. I play the game and try to make decisions as if I were my own character. It really causes conflict within and showcases how far RPG's have come.

That's how I play, if you see it as pixels with no moral consequences then fine. I don't care how you play a game. We are all different on how we approach life, make decisions and deal with consequences.

I'm not taking any moral high ground to anyone, I just didn't like having to kill innocent people in the DB quest line. I thought it was stupid personally, and the entire quest was crappy compared to the rest of the game.

Do we really have to argue over this?

Level VII

Do'vish
The point was to take them out one at a time. And maybe next time don't have the game on the Novice setting.

Oh, somebody's gonna need a BURN HEAL!!!!! (the other guy, not you)

Jersey Dagmar

I'm sorry, not everyone is a robot and may put their feeling or emotions into an amazing game like Skyrim. If you enjoy being a sociopath so be it. I play the game and try to make decisions as if I were my own character. It really causes conflict within and showcases how far RPG's have come.

That's how I play, if you see it as pixels with no moral consequences then fine. I don't care how you play a game. We are all different on how we approach life, make decisions and deal with consequences.

I'm not taking any moral high ground to anyone, I just didn't like having to kill innocent people in the DB quest line. I thought it was stupid personally, and the entire quest was crappy compared to the rest of the game.

Do we really have to argue over this?

You're the one calling me a sociopath. The reason why Assassins exist is because people want other people dead for whatever reason. The Dark Brotherhood is filling this need in Tamerial. Seriously, why do the Assassins get all the plops, but the people hire them are free from hate?

sticky runes

I agree the Dark Brotherhood storyline sucks, because you either kill them, or join them, get to know the other members, and watch them all get killed off by Imperials anyway.

But at least the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild quests actually require you to use assasin and thieving skills, and give you higher rewards for pushing your skills a bit further. By the time you become leader of those gangs, you're a pretty good thief/assassin. Unlike the quests for the mage college, where you hardly ever need to use magical powers. You can pretty much work your way up to becoming arch-mage without actually having good magic skills.

Jersey Dagmar

I agree the Dark Brotherhood storyline sucks, because you either kill them, or join them, get to know the other members, and watch them all get killed off by Imperials anyway.

But at least the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild quests actually require you to use assasin and thieving skills, and give you higher rewards for pushing your skills a bit further. By the time you become leader of those gangs, you're a pretty good thief/assassin. Unlike the quests for the mage college, where you hardly ever need to use magical powers. You can pretty much work your way up to becoming arch-mage without actually having good magic skills.

I really enjoy the Wedding quest for the Brotherhood. I always take Babette's advice when it comes to completing it. Though the bow you get from doing it's Gabriella's way isn't that bad either.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Matter of opinion. I enjoyed the DB questline. The story and characters are relatively simple, yet they have lasted with me the most in Skyrim.

Pokeborn

Were you on Novice? Anyway you seriously missed out on some epic quests and prizes. (e.g Assassin's Blade, Nightingale Armour, Guild Masters Armour, Skeleton Key, 20000 gold+mission rewards, and so on.)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Pokeborn

I also love both questlines mainly because I am a devious stealthy Khajiit theif and assassin that will screw the Stormcloaks, Imperials, and Thalmor.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts