Spoiler The Dark Brotherhood is pathetic

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MyNameIsJon

So, I was set on destroying the Dark Brotherhood and couldn't wait to do it. I have already destroyed the Thieves Guild in my game.

So, I kill Astrid and set 2 of the 3 prisoners free. I left the cat. He deserves to die. The 2 prisoners didn't leave the shack. Don't know if they ever do.

I get into the DB hideout outside Falkreath and I am really being stealthy. I creep around not wanting to make a sound. I am afraid something terrible will happen to me if I make a mistake. I find out that most of the DB are alone. I was wondering if I'd face several at once, but that never materialized. I take each one out, then the female with her spider. Then it says mission complete.

I couldn't believe it. I have faced way worse in a bandit nest. Way worse. What on earth is the deal here? I didn't take 1 point of damage.

Anyway, very disappointing. The most disappointing quest in this game so far. It was more fun taking out the Thieves Guild, and more challenging.

Oh well, there's lots more to do. I'll hit another bandit den to raise my spirits.

ShadowGambit

How did you "destroy" the Thieve Guild exactly?

I don't think you can kill either Brynjolf or mercer before the end of the questline.

mamali

why destroy dark brotherhood ? Join it ,they give you very cool quests and assassinations .

MyNameIsJon

How did you "destroy" the Thieve Guild exactly?

I don't think you can kill either Brynjolf or mercer before the end of the questline.

I play on the PC. With the PC version, anything is possible. Anything.

Brynjolf was the easiest to kill. In fact, I didn't even have to lift a finger. Mercer was the hardest. Rune and the elf who ran away from his father didn't even fight. No idea why not.

Was sorry I had to kill Vex, but she wouldn't listen to reason. I spared Sapphire and Tonila. In fact, they helped me take out Mercer. Tonila is level 82 with 712 health. She still gets the beat down though if I take her on an adventure.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
So, I was set on destroying the Dark Brotherhood and couldn't wait to do it. I have already destroyed the Thieves Guild in my game.

So, I kill Astrid and set 2 of the 3 prisoners free. I left the cat. He deserves to die. The 2 prisoners didn't leave the shack. Don't know if they ever do.

I get into the DB hideout outside Falkreath and I am really being stealthy. I creep around not wanting to make a sound. I am afraid something terrible will happen to me if I make a mistake. I find out that most of the DB are alone. I was wondering if I'd face several at once, but that never materialized. I take each one out, then the female with her spider. Then it says mission complete.

I couldn't believe it. I have faced way worse in a bandit nest. Way worse. What on earth is the deal here? I didn't take 1 point of damage.

Anyway, very disappointing. The most disappointing quest in this game so far. It was more fun taking out the Thieves Guild, and more challenging.

Oh well, there's lots more to do. I'll hit another bandit den to raise my spirits.

The point was to take them out one at a time. And maybe next time don't have the game on the Novice setting.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious

Please, tell me how you destroyed the Thieves Guild... Is there an actual quest? Or did you just run in there and kill everything...

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Well congrats on wiping out the best guild in the game.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Ok.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Please, tell me how you destroyed the Thieves Guild... Is there an actual quest? Or did you just run in there and kill everything...

He has it on PC, so he used a mod to kill off the Thieves Guild. I just wonder if that mucked up some other quests, since the Thieves Guild is linked to other Questlines.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
He used a console command to kill the essential NPCs therefore he didn't really "destroy" the Thieves Guild since his character had absolutely nothing to do with killing off the essential NPCs.

ShadowGambit

My guess is that he really didn't destroy the Thieves Guild. For that you have to wipe out EVERY member.

He has to kill people like Enthir, Gulum-Ei, Maul, Mallus Macius, Niranye, Karliah etc... and even Maven Black Briar.

The problem is that by never doing the TG questline, he will never met some of those people. Also, if he killed NPC like Maven Black Briar, his game is screwed because she is an essential NPC in other quests (she becomes Jarl of Riften at one point).

So he can claim he destroyed the TG but in fact he just killed the people in the TG base. That the Main visible part of the TG, but not all of them, like you can do with the DB.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I always wanted to destroy the Dark Brotherhood... but I always get hypnotized by such beauty...,Astrid, and her beautiful voice. And so I obey her orders like a good boy when were in the shack together :)

Damn these women and their seductive voice! Why did the divines give them such power to control man?
cindy-robinson-03.jpg

fluff shadowmere. I wanted to have Astrid at the end, but apparently that doesn't happen :sadface: It made me quite depressed :sadface:

Gunnbjorn

I always wanted to destroy the Dark Brotherhood... but I always get hypnotized by such beauty...,Astrid, and her beautiful voice. And so I obey her orders like a good boy when were in the shack together :)

Damn these women and their seductive voice! Why did the divines give them such power to control man?
cindy-robinson-03.jpg

fu** shadowmere. I wanted to have Astrid at the end, but apparently that doesn't happen :sadface: It made me quite depressed :sadface:

WHOA! You must be a PC gamer, because the graphics don't look nearly as good on Xbox.

Direct X15?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
My guess is that he really didn't destroy the Thieves Guild. For that you have to wipe out EVERY member.

He has to kill people like Enthir, Gulum-Ei, Maul, Mallus Macius, Niranye, Karliah etc... and even Maven Black Briar.
With the exception of Karliah and Maul, none of these people are members of the Thieves Guild, and they are only members of the Thieves Guild from a technical point of view (they both left the Guild) because they still have Thieves Guild Faction.

Fences =/= Members (except for Tonilia)
Patrons =/= Members (e.g. Maven Black-Briar)

He didn't destroy the Thieves Guild because using console commands to kill essential NPCs is analogous to an act of god, not an act of his character.

Gunnbjorn

With the exception of Karliah and Maul, none of these people are members of the Thieves Guild, and they are only members of the Thieves Guild from a technical point of view (they both left the Guild) because they still have Thieves Guild Faction.

Fences =/= Members (except for Tonilia)
Patrons =/= Members (e.g. Maven Black-Briar)

He didn't destroy the Thieves Guild because using console commands to kill essential NPCs is analogous to an act of god, not an act of his character.

Obviously a modder, although now that I think of it, it would be pretty cool if you could destroy the factions, so long as you don't mind never being able to pick up the quests that they give.

MyNameIsJon

He used a console command to kill the essential NPCs therefore he didn't really "destroy" the Thieves Guild since his character had absolutely nothing to do with killing off the essential NPCs.

Um. LOL

Dagmar ... do you really believe that?

I find all the hatred funny. I killed off the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood and several people around here don't like it. Well, TOO BAD! :)

How did I kill off (most of) the Thieves Guild? Well, Brunjold, or whatever his name is really is unkillable by your character under any circumstances. I used several console commands for him. I went around to all the rest, including those in the Cistern, and turned their essential flags to 0. Then I was able to attack them.

I first befriended Tonila and Sapphire (console commands) and they joined me in attacking their own colleagues. I really didn't need their help, but I wanted to make the Thieves Guild pay a little more. They were really dastardly people. They turned other peoples' lives into hell and thought they were holy because they didn't murder people. No. That is wrong.

Yes, I guess there are other Thieves Guild members around Skyrim. That's ok. I have nothing against them and won't aggressively pursue them. The power of the Thieves Guild, such as it was, has been broken. Mission accomplished.

That's not what this thread was even about. It was supposed to be about the quest to "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!" I really have to laugh at the exclamation mark. I think it's funny. Because the quest was far from thrilling.

I just went to UESP, and found this warning:

"All members of the Dark Brotherhood are rather difficult to fight, so attacking only one or two at a time is advised."

Heh. Is there any other way to fight them? I wish they would have all been in a room together. That would have been a lot better. Essentially, it was a small dungeon with 5 bandits scattered around. It was anti-climactic, but maybe that's how it was intended. Oh well, I just thought maybe someone around here would share the same opinion about the quest, but I guess I was very wrong.