• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    "Circe, but I'm sure you already know that. I saw that you got into the expedition, I guess we will be seeing a lot more of each other in the next few weeks." Edwin nodded at the statement and smiled at her, "Indeed we will be, I for one am not complaining." He grinned at her, while trying not to look directly into those 'hazel' eyes of hers. From his experience with vamps he knew they could entrance a person with their mesmerizing gaze, especially females. While Circe seemed friendly enough you can never tell what a strangers true motives are.

Edwin then leaned back against the wall once more, looking around at the others chatting around them while he thought more about Circe. They both watched as Adario stepped forward and was met with some suspicion. Edwin frowned, he didn't like raceists and he suspected that the only reason the Jarl even questioned Adario was because he was in an argonian form. Despite the mans skepticism the others who were accepted vouched for him, and the Jarl reluctantly agreed to let the man into the expedition. With the 'argonian' accepted Korir stood, "I thank all of you who showed up today and I am now announcing that recruiting is now officially closed. We do not have enough gold to pay any more mercenaries. The city of Winterhold thanks you all for your support, but your services are no longer needed." The few other Nords grumbled as they exited the longhouse, some casting venomous looks at the Argonian who 'stole' their place in the expedition.

At that point in time Danacia re-entered the room. Edwin was surprised, he was usually very observant of his surroundings and he had not even seen her leave! Perhaps Circe's eyes had entranced him more than he had thought. Danacia went to stand a ways appart from the group and Edwin watched her. She seemed to be deep in thought about something. Then Edwin felt Rellian's presence next to him and cast the Redguard a curious glance when he realized that he to had not been there the entire time. He wondered why the two of them had both been out of the room at the same time, and quietly cursed himself for being so caught up with Circi to miss such an important detail that would have likely helped him further understand his companions. Edwin moved away from Rellian and the others, approaching Danacia, "So, were did you sneak off to huh? Did the steward tell you any details about this venture?"

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia had her face glued into the parchment she had been observing since after the glare she shared with Circe. And of course the shocking conversation with her guardian spirit, as well. But for a moment, her attention snapped from the large parchment in her grasp to the Jarl as he spoke out to the entire crowd in his throne room. "I thank all of you who showed up today and I am now announcing that recruiting is now officially closed. We do not have enough gold to pay any more mercenaries. The city of Winterhold thanks you all for your support, but your services are no longer needed." She then turned her head back to the parchment. Danacia heard footsteps, as they became closer to her, she decided look away from her parchment. That was when Edwin had snuck up to her, and while she was weary of someone by her side; Edwin actually made her jump. She felt a jolt through her body realizing she hadn't snapped out of her deep thought as much as she thought she had. Sometimes being skilled in the "Magicks of the Mind" found a way to make a person lose themselves temporarily. She looked over to his familiar, smiling face, and met his warm eyes with a tender return smile and locking gaze. "So, were did you sneak off to huh? Did the steward tell you any details about this venture?"

"Indeed, my friend." Danacia paused, lingering in his eyes, she smiled more, "I learned we will be facing many weeks of unexpected dangers. Well, it depends on your experience in dwemer ruins I suppose. I need to weed out those who have actual experience we can use so we can prepare ourselves. I also learned a bit about my sister, if you didn't hear the Jarl earlier, Leilani is one of his Thanes. Which isn't surprising..." She trailed off, rolling the parchment up, and sticking holding it in her right arm that dangled freely by her hips. She was now fully facing Edwin, but for a brief moment her attention had been divided as she watched Rellian walk in from outside. He joined the rest of the group that were conversing, or perhaps not, Danacia didn't quite pay attention. She just watched him move towards the group.

Danacia then found the Jarl had disappeared from his throne. He had moved towards the Steward, Marul, who ended up back in the throne room and was conversing with him. Since they were too far away, she obviously couldn't hear anything they were saying. Danacia briefly looked back to Edwin, eyeing him up and down with a smirk, and then returned her attention back to the Jarl as he passed her eyes and returned to his throne. Instead of sitting, he rose his hands to gather attention, and everyone turned their eyes to Jarl Korir. The Jarl then spoke out once more, "For those left in my longhouse, congratulations for making the cut. In the room to the right where you may have noticed my Steward moving in and out of, we have the supplies as promised. I want each of you to take your time gathering what you feel you will need, and then after you are finished selecting what you prefer, the rest of the supplies we have provided will be gathered together on a carriage out front. We fully understand that supplies, in essence, are limited. The holds supporting his expedition, as well as Winterhold, have provided a measure of supplies to last you about two months within the ruins. Our scholars suggest it shouldn't take much longer, and if time is taken beyond the frame of two months, surviving on your own past that is up to you all on your own. Thank you, again, for the support of bringing Winterhold back to it's former glory. My Steward will answer any questions you should have after this point, and she will meet you in the supply room."

Danacia looked around, she wanted to see the members of her group pile into the supply room like hungry animals running to feast. She figured she would sit back, and wait, since she had already seen what the Jarl had to offer for the expedition. It was quite a wonderful sum of supplies, and it would give a chance for all of the various adventurers in their party to seek exactly what they need. Especially, since the weapons line top to bottom on three walls of the room; Danacia had no doubt that she wouldn't get what she needed. She just hoped no one would be greedy when it came to the food, and she also hoped that eventually the whole group could work together to survive instead of be so divided as she felt it so far has shown due to completely individualistic personalities and lifestyles. Looking back to Edwin, taking her attention off the rest of the group, Danacia smiled once more lingering in his nice eyes. "You going to run for the chance to have first pick?" She winked with a small chuckle as her eyes moved down to the parchment in hand. She was still curious about the dwemer ruin layouts.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin laughed as Danacia told him what she had learned of the expedition, "Constant unexpected danger? Nothing new to me, Skyrim is a dangerous place." He shrugged in response to the statement about Dwemer ruins, "I have been into a few, but not very far. They are dangerous places to wander into by ones self. But I am quite knowledgable about the different traps the Dwemer like to use, bit of a hobby of mine." Edwin grinned at her until he realized that she had likely already knew that, and he felt a brief stab of annoyance. He was still getting used to the fact that Danacia already knew so much about him, despite the fact they had met less than a day ago.

The two watched silently as the Jarl stepped down from his throne and further explained what would happen next. Edwin was slightly taken aback when the Jarl said that they may be in the ruin for more than two months, but it quickly passed. He was no tree hugging elf that couldn't go five minutes without a breath of fresh air, besides the deep halls of the Dwemer were said to be simply magnificent. As for if they had to scavenge for food, Edwin wasn't worried. He was quite a resourceful person and figured that if the need arised he would be able to find food for at least himself, and hopefully the others.

The Jarl welcomed them to take what they needed from the supply room and Danacia looked at him again with those entrancing green eyes, "You going to run for the chance to have first pick?" Edwin shook his head and laughed, "Nah, the only things I need to survive are right here." He touched his dagger, his sword, and his head in turn, "Intelligence keeps one alive much longer than greed and over-eagerness." He winked as he watched some of the others start to make their way over to the room, then remembered something. "Oh, well I suppose I could do with some more rope. And perhaps some new gloves. Might as well take advantage of the Jarl's generosity! Be right back." With a wink and a smile he moved away towards the store room.

Edwin walked through the doorway into the small room and couldn't help admiring the impressive array of tools, weapons, and armor. Edwin's eyes moved quickly over the weapons and armor, his equipment was far superior to the stuff they had here, and straight over to the table that was full of various useful tools used in dungeoneering. There were several coils of strong rope, as well as bags of pitons, lanterns, spiked crampons that you cold attach to your feet for further stability, flint and steel, various potions of healing and magical restoration, and even something Edwin recognized as a compass! He quickly snatched a coil of rope and slung it over his shoulder, then grabbed some of the climbing equipment, fitting it into a small pack. He also grabbed the compass before leaving the room, completely ignoring the rest of the things.

Stepping back out of the store room he rejoined Danacia, who hadn't gone into the storeroom with everyone else. Stepping up to her he held up the small circular device, "Danacia! Do you know what this is?"

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia looked down to the small circular device, she had the parchment she was glued into close to her face so at this point she let it fold itself back up as she examined what Edwin held. She lifted a brow, crossing her arms, and she looked up to Edwin's eyes with a curious smile. "What is that?" She asked, not having a clue as to what it was honestly. She had never seen such a device before. Danacia assumed, however, it had something to do with the dwemer since the metal surrounding it was of golden color.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin grinned, "Its a compass! It will tell you wich way is north anywhere you are, watch." He held his hand level and pointed excitedly as the small metal pin in the center of the enclosed glass surface spun to point in the direction that was indicated as north. He looked up to Danacia to see her reaction, "This will be invaluable while navigating the underground passages of the ruin!"

Rekamennos

Account closed
    She watched Edwin's features, and she smiled to his extreme interest in her reaction. She noticed that he subconsciously had moved closer to her when he began to explain what the small circular device was capable of doing. She didn't mind, however. Danacia examined the device once more, and then she nodded as she began to speak, "Indeed, I can see that it does. The Steward also said we have to create a map for the scholars to use when we get back."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia felt warmth sit down next to her. A sigh was let out and the swish of mead in glass could be heard. The weak scent of blood could be smelled off of the man as he sat beside her and took a swig of mead. Rellian had sat down beside him. Edwin had left their company when Rellian had joined her against the wall; it was all too obvious that the two...disliked each other. Edwin went over to speak with Danacia who had been studying some sort of parchment, possibly a map for the expedition. Azaelia glanced over to the Redguard man with curiosity.

"Rellian is it?" She asked in a soft voice as she watched him drink his mead. The Jarl announced that no others would be accepted, the expedition team was now filling the room. How lovely, she thought to herself as she listened to the announcement. The Jarl mentioned again that there was supplies ready for them to pick through and that the expedition had been supplied with enough to last two months. Not surprising. She reached her hand under her helmet and itched her head, I really do need a change of clothes and a good clean river...

"Are you planning are trying to pick through the supplies first or are you waiting?" She asked in a kind, curious voice as she stood. Azaelia knew that this man was rough, but that scene with Danacia had shown that he did have a softness to him. Perhaps Azaelia could befriend that softness and still get the benefit of a strong friend and ally.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe's company left her and made his way over to Leilani's sister. They talked for a while before the man gave her a wink and disappeared into the storage room that the Jarl had just announced would be open to any members of the expedition. After only a short time in the room, Edwin came back out with some new equipment and a device Circe had recently been told about by the Monks. She personally didn't see the point in a compass. She had always been good at knowing her surrounding and keeping track of directions. It may have been her Vamparism that made her that way, but she would never know.

Edwin showed the device to Danacia and they engaged in conversation once more while Circe peered into the storage room. I could do with some weaponry. I may be able to crush the skull, or break the ribs of a human, but I doubt I can do the same to a Dwemer machine. Especially the larger ones. Mortals are... squishy, easy prey. Circe chuckled to herself at that last thought. It was true that she had always seen Mortals as soft and squishy. It didn't matter how much armour the Nord's hid under, they were all the same.

Circe entered the storage room and found a vast collection of Weapons, potions, food and armour. There were shields and swords hanging from the walls and heavier equipment on the floor bellow. Near the centre of the room sat a table that was covered in bags of vegetables, most were on the floor leaning against the worn wooden legs. Then, on a separate table lay everything from simple fabric nightwear to the heaviest of Nord armour. The room truly was Nordic heaven. But Circe had only come for a few pieces. On some racks to her left sat a range of battle-axes, war-hammers and great-swords. All of which were made from simple steel, but efficient enough to take the heads off of anything the Dwemer could possibly throw at the group. Circe covered the distance between her and the weapons quickly and the took two war-hammers of the same design from their place. She held them to the light of a candle in the room and admired their elegant handles before putting them back in place. These should do the job.

After moving around the room a number of times, Circe came back to the war-hammers with her satchel filled with various things she and the group would need and two leather straps on her back to hold the weapons. She took them from their places once more and lifted them one at a time over her shoulder, resting them in their new holders. She didn't have any real experience with war-hammers, only having used them once of twice before in her long life, but she had always wanted to try them out properly, they looks fun. The strongest men in Tamriel would struggle with the load she was now carrying, making them almost immobile, but it was relatively easy for Circe. She left the storage room, not caring if the almost impossible weight on her back revealed her for what she really was. What could they do to stop her anyway? The Vampire walked with ease to Danacia and Edwin and stood next to them while they talked.

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
    Arith notices Azaelia talking to Relian. He took this as an opportunity to get supplies. After all he needed them. Arith walked into the supply room to see the vast amounts of equipment and supplies. His face filled with glee at the sight of them. He started walking around the room, laughing. I feel like a companion in a weapons shop! Said Arith out loud. He goes to get a knapsack. He knows now to be careful with it.

Arith walks up to where the arrows were. He takes some ebony arrows and places them into his quiver that's beside his ebony bow. After stocking up his arrows, he then faces the food and drink supplies. He walks over to the meat and gathers up enough to last two months. Arith took only meat due to the green pact he made, when he was a kid back in Valenwood.

He then started taking some potions, a couple of books to read, some parchment as well as a feather and some ink and a ring of archery that'll help him be a little bit more accurate than usual. Arith scoffed at this. He knew he was a brilliant shot but he knows that there's no harm in some help. Arith doesn't usually boast but it's good to boast once in a while to yourself. He was making the finishing adjustments to his knapsack when he saw something that made his mouth drop with awe.

A table filled with bottles and bottles of ale. Arith rushed to this like a Khajiit to a bottle of skooma. He reaches the table and starts grinning like a new born baby. Ha ha ha! This is brilliant! Laughed Arith. He starting placing the ales into his bag, giggling like a little girl while doing it. Arith stopped in the middle of his packing and came to a realization. He needed to find a way to protect the ales from being broken again. They'll probably be in the dwemer ruins for a couple of months and he doubts that he'll be able to find another knapsack. He looks around for some form of a shock absorber. He then notices some robes lying on a table. Ah ha! He takes the robes from the table places them onto the ground. Arith takes his glass dagger out and started cutting it up into rectangular covers.

Arith took the covers from the now messed up robe. He throw the robe back onto the table where it came from. He doubts that it's any use to anyone now. Arith started double wrapping the ales and placing them in the bag. This should the trick. He then picked his knapsack up and looked around the room. There was nothing left to get. He was ready. Arith walked out of the supply room. He see's Edwin, Danacia and Circe at a wall. Edwin and Danacia appear to be marvelling at something in Edwin's hand. While Circe is just standing next to them. Arith walked over to them to see what the fuss was all about. Hey guys. What're you doing? Arith then see's some sort of circular mechanism in Edwin's hand. It had a pointy arrow that moves when ever Edwin's moves even an inch. It had the letters N, E, S and W on the up, right, down and left of it. Arith then asked about this strange curiosity. What's that in your hand Edwin?

Skyrimosity

The woman, Azaelia, asked Rellian if his name was indeed Rellian. Then asked him if he would need to get supplies. "Yes Azaelia, my name is Rellian. And I will let the others get their supplies first. After all, I have my sword and my armor, if I need more food than what is left I can do a bit of hunting before we make it to the ruin." Rellian took another swig of mead, before pulling out another bottle and offering it to Azaelia; he was analyzing what aspects of the girl's personality that he could. "Its certainly not the best, but it sure does relax the body." Rellian cringed a bit after he said that. Did I just let on I was tense? Or am I just a bit paranoid?

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia nodded to him and then waved her hand in a signal that she didn't want the mead. She smiled at his offer as she did though to let him know that it wasn't because it was coming from him.

"Perhaps later, unlike you I have need of new armor, so I will go forage for some. Thank you for your offer though." She stood up and stretched a little before turning her gaze back down to Rellian.

"I didn't mean that in a pompous way...if it sounded that way...I would be more than happy to share a bottle of mead with you the next time it is possible if you so wish Rellian." She smiled awkwardly and took her leave of him to go into the storage room. Silently, she let her hand reach up to caress her chin as she examined the room around her. Light or heavy? Then she chuckled to herself as she reached for a suit of fur armor, light of course for more mobility. I have a shield after all.

She draped the armor over her arm as she eyed a new shield hanging on the wall. Hers had been lost in the war and she had been left with only her tired and worn sword to defend herself. Gingerly she took the Banded Iron Shield off the wall and weighted how it felt on her arm. Right at home, she thought to herself with a smile of her past memories. That smile soon turned into a slight frown as she continued on in the remembrance which she shook her head to rid herself of.

Before leaving the storage room she equipped herself with a new sword and a helmet that covered just a bit more of her face, and still left her mouth and chin mostly free, but rid her of those blasted horns. She also grabbed a few bottles of mead for herself, a couple loaves of bread and a few slices of cheese and meat before asking the Steward where she could go to equip herself of these things in private. The Steward pointed her to a room and Azaelia nodded her thanks before entering.

Much to her dismay, the room the Steward had directed her to was not much more than a glorified closet, and there was no lock. Damn that woman! She thought to herself as she fidgeted trying to decide if she was comfortable enough changing in such closed, and insecure, space. In the end she stripped off her ragged armor and quickly threw on the new armor. It was warm, and the fur was soft. It was a perfect fit, surprisingly, seeing as Azaelia was a bit bigger than some Nord women. She sighed and ran her hands down her abdomen attempting to "smooth out" the armor before she, gratefully, removed her helm and let her long hair fall down a ways past her shoulders.

"I don't do this near as often as I should..." She mumbled to herself as she ran her fingers through her tangled hair in a half-hearted attempt to manage the mess that was her hair. She grimaced a few times as a tangle caught and pulled at her scalp and eventually she gave up her attempt and simply tucked it back under her new helmet which fit rather nicely around her head. At least I don't look absolutely ridiculous anymore with those horns sticking out from my helm, she thought to herself as she breezed her way back out into the storage room with her shield on her back and her new sword on her hip. Lazily, she had left her old equipment in the closet seeing it as a sort of revenge to the Steward for directing her into such an uncomfortable space.

She left the storage room and stood by a fire for a moment trying to decide if her party was about to leave, if there was still time to converse, or to maybe regroup with Rellian and take him up on that drink she had turned down earlier. She shrugged and decided to warm herself by the fire for a moment. Rellian would probably go to get his things now and she would eventually make her way over to Edwin, Circe, Danacia, and Arith. There was a small object in Edwin's hand. A "compass" she had heard him call it. Interesting...

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin smiled as Circe and Arith came to stand by them. Edwin noticed out of the corner of his eye that Circe had gotten a gigantic war hammer from the supply room, as well as a bulging pack full of items. She wasn't doing a very good job hiding her superhuman strength. Arith asked him what the compass was and Edwin grinned at the boysterous elf. He had not gotten the chance to talk to Arith yet, but Edwin felt he would be interested in the compass as much as he was. He glanced at Azaelia as she walked up to them, decked out in new armor. He flashed her a quick smile, "Nice armor Azaelia," then held up the compass for everyone there to see.

"This Arith, is a compass. It tells you wich way is north anywhere, even during a blizzard or underground! Should prove invaluable in the expedition, as it is quite easy to lose your way in the twisting halls of the Dwemer." He grinned again at the elf, before turning back to Danacia, "So, are we ready to set off? Or do you want to get something from the supply room?"

Skyrimosity

Rellian walked up and went to the supply room not too long after Azaelia left. He wanted to grab some meats. He wasn't sure how he'd make a fire to cook it in the Ruins, but that's a path to cross another time. He walked into the room and to his dismay, they only had Venison. Rellian frowned a bit before grabbing about 2 pieces of meat and smothering it in fire salts to preserve and add spice. He then proceeded to grab a pack full of applies. He left the room and noticed Azaelia and Danacia... along with Edwin... huddled in one spot. He walked over there where he then heard it was a compass... and then heard what a compass was. Rellian entered the conversation. "Yes, I'd be glad to leave as soon as possible. My blade thirsts for death." Rellian said, in an almost cynical tone.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia had grabbed whatever she could and left while the Jarl was still speaking. No one noticed the Redguard cast invisibility and sneak off to the supply room. This was good. Now, her pack was filled with every dagger imaginable and quite a bit of food. The Jarl finished just as Selia began munching on an invisible sweetroll. She stuck around and listened to the various conversations, nothing piqueing her interest much. She was content to just listen, for now, but that could change at any moment. Especially since she was now chugging invisible mead while eating invisible sugar. And let me tell you, invisibility most definitely did not lessen the potency of either.

Selia continued to simply listen silently until Edwin mentioned a compass. Selia recognized that word. In fact, she knew it quite well. Her father had investigated Dwemer inventions, the compass included, before she brought about his untimely demise. It was a sight to see, really. You would never have believed that human entrails were that stretchy. But, that is a different story. Selia tiptoed up behind htem, not fully understanding herself why she didn't just dispell invisibility already. But, it is nearly impossible to understand the mind of Selia Anika.
    The conversation between Danacia and Edwin soon returned to it's previous boring state, allowing Selia to retreat back into her mind, not worrying a bit about what went on between them. She was having a rather pleasant argument with herself; "We should kill them all." "No, they will protect us while we are in the ruin! Once we leave they can die." This particular argument did not involve the Selia we all know, but rather, two other hers. Quite hard to understand, I know. Anyway, this continued for a while. Then, she was interrupted by a holler from Edwin; "So, are we ready to set off? Or do you want to get something from the supply room?"

The remark was obviously meant for Danacia, but it was said rather loudly. Anyway, it brought Selia back to reality, and that's all I really care about. Rellian said something stupid, during which the female Redguard returned to the visible spectrum. "Yes, let's go! Before someone chickens out! Rellian, I'm talking to you!", said the woman, pointing a long almond finger at her fellow Redguard. She laughed and turned to Circe, then said, "We never did talk like you promised! How about we speak on the road? Get better acquainted, you and I! Also, may I ask, what is up with you? Such white teeth... Such perfect eyes... The hood... It is almost as if you are hiding something from me, dear Circe!"

Rekamennos

Account closed
    ooc: sorry if some of the thoughts are in random order, I am tired tonight and am doing my best.

The one flaw about the Mundatke sisters was their apparent oblivious-ness when they became lost in thought. She watched as each of the members of her party began to make their way in and out of the supply room as suggested formerly by the Jarl with new equipment in ending result. Azaelia had a completely new look which suited her. Arith seemed to have the biggest child-like grin on his face for some particular reason that Danacia picked up on his thoughts having to do with mead. This made her smirk to herself at the thought. As Circe the vampire came close to them, she cringed on the inside, and deliberately took a step back entirely disregarding the conversation she had previously with her wolf spirit. Until she got to know the woman better, Danacia regarded her as bad news. She growled from within. As Azaelia came back, Rellian was briefly alone for the moment she was absent. During that time period, Danacia's eyes lingered over him, and they helf a softer expression. It was brief, however, and lasted only until he made his way into the supply room after Azaelia came back out and joined the group surrounding her. She looked down and sighed thinking about the controversy or her, Rellian, and Edwin. She made a promise to herself earlier as leader she would not let it get out of hand, and her advances would only from this point be of a friendly nature.

But, they would be alone with one another, the entire party primarily as whole for at least two months guesstimated by the scholars. There was plenty of time for the two men to continue to pursue her, and for Danacia to forget her promise to herself. She swallowed at the thought as her eyes burned a hole into the ground where she was staring. She was then snapped from her thoughts and brought back to life as she heard Edwin's soothing voice, he said, "So, are we ready to set off? Or do you want to get something from the supply room?" Before answering Danacia found Selia make her way to Circe and begin a conversation with her rather interested. The thought of the eccentric Redguard woman had crossed her mind earlier. For she had not seen her around the others in a while, and all of a sudden she popped back up. Danacia lifted a brow studying over her features as she spoke with the vampire. Two individuals which she definitely knew she would have a hard time "getting to know," and, would have to watch out for. She felt she could really handle whatever the others threw at her. It was just somethig unpredictable about the Redguard, and something personal with the vampire.

Danacia then shook her head, alleviating any lingering thoughts with a obviously irritated sigh. She focused her eyes back into sweet Edwin's, enjoying the stronger green compared to her light lime green, and she smiled warmly. "I have to go pick up some things... just make sure I have absolutely everything I desire. Never can be too prepared, after all." She winked, and left the group as a satisfied rush of calm covered her from having distance between her and the vampire. If she were in beast form she would have her ears bent back and her teeth bared by now. Danacia made her way into the supply room, and she began to rummage through the remaining, yet still quite abundant, supplies and weapons trying to decide if there was anything that stood out she very much needed. Soon, the group would be off, but just for the moment she would take her time. She had some thoughts to finish up of her own.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Tension was building between Danacia and Circe simply due to her presence and the group around the compass were now in a flowing conversation. Almost in unison, Danacia took a step away from the group out of hatred, and Circe did likewise, but this time out of awkwardness. The vampire was in mid step when she heard a voice that brought a smile to her face.

"We never did talk like you promised! How about we speak on the road? Get better acquainted, you and I! Also, may I ask, what is up with you? Such white teeth... Such perfect eyes... The hood... It is almost as if you are hiding something from me, dear Circe!"

"We never did, did we?" Circe grinned revealing the white teeth the Redguard had just mentioned. "Yes, we can talk on the way to the ruins. It looks like it will be a long trek. As far my teeth, and my eyes, I'll tell you a little secret."

Circe moved her head just besides the woman's ear and whispered something to her. "I'm a Vampire." She didn't mind if the woman already knew, if she was simply making a joke about her appearance. Selia was like a child in some ways, Circe liked that and went along with her games. After lingering at her neck in a playful manner, she pulled away and looked at the woman with a wide smile.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    "I have to go pick up some things... just make sure I have absolutely everything I desire. Never can be too prepared, after all." Edwin smiled back at her and nodded, "Indeed, one must always be prepared if they wish to stay alive." He cast a quick glance between Danacia and Circe as Danacia left for the storeroom. The tension between the two was so prevalent anyone standing near them could feel it. Most of the group likely did not know why they were staring each other down so much but Edwin did. Werewolves and Vampires did not mix weil.

The tension eased slightly when Danacia left but Edwin decided that he wanted to leave the others for a few minuets, after all it was the last chance he was going to get for a while, and he wished to ask the Steward a few questions about their mission anyways. He turned to the others, "Well I guess I will meet you guys outside, I am going to go talk with the steward real quick. See you in a bit." With a smile and a wink he slipped away from the ring of people.

Edwin moved over to were the steward was standing and presented himself to her by immediately asking his question, "Excuse me ma'am, I seek information pertaining to our mission. Were exactly is this newly discovered ruin?" He had forgotten if the Jarl had mentioned it to them, and even though he was sure the Steward had told Danacia he would like to know himself. The Dunmer woman looked towards him, "Why... yes of course. The ruin is positioned near the coast, on one of the steeper cliff faces about half a days walk from here."

Edwin thanked her and moved outside to wait for the others, standing next to the cart of extra supplies the Jarl had spoken off. He reached out and petted the sturdy pack horse that was harnessed to the cart while he waited, smiling as the creature regarded him with its strange oblong pupils.

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
    Edwin explained to Arith that it was a compass. He had never heard of such a thing but Arith knew from Edwin's explanation that it will prove useful in navigating the great Dwemer ruins. Edwin moved outside. Arith decided to join him as well to wait for the others. Arith thought Edwin was quite friendly. He thought he was someone you can have a drink and a laugh with. He thought he was someone you can go have a drunken night out and get into crazy situations. Arith chuckled at that thought. It reminded him of when he was drunk hunting with Elrindir and Anoriath in Whiterun a few years ago. He had witnessed Anoriath shoot his brother in the butt after he had mistaken him for a deer. Arith was on the ground crying with laughter. He thought it was so funny that even to this day he still brings it up with the two brothers.

Arith had reached the cold outdoors of Winterhold. This city used to be prosperous but after the great collapse, the city basically became a ghost town. He see's Edwin and walks up to him, striking a conversation with the friendly breton. Hey Edwin. Don't you just love the outdoors? Arith spread his arms out to bask in the wind and cold. I'm excited for this expedition. It's two months of exploration! Shouted Arith excitedly. So what's your story Edwin? What's your reason for joining the expedition?

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia nodded to let Edwin know she had heard him as she watched the tension between Danacia and Circe. It was almost amusing to see the way Danacia quickly excused herself from their little "party" to go get her own supplies when Circe came a bit closer. Rellian went inside the storage room shortly after she had left, and then joined the group again. Funny how people flock together, she thought to herself as she eavesdropped on Circe and Selia's conversation. Vampire eh? I figured as much with all that weight in her pack and those hammers on her back... She chuckled to herself as she crossed her arms and registered Rellian's comment, "Yes, I'd be glad to leave as soon as possible. My blade thirsts for death."

She kept her thoughts to herself, there was so much she could ask about just that one comment that would reward her with information about Rellian, but she would save those inquiries for another time. He would probably be coy in his responses from his little "adventure" with Danacia earlier, so she would spare him her prying. Azaelia did have a whole two months to learn all about each one of her companions.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia suddenly became quite serious. She had thought of that possibility. It would make sense if Circe were a vampire. Selia was about to reply when she noticed Azaelia nearby, most likely eavesdropping. Selia quickly changed her tune and said, with certain letter punctuated, "Why that surE is interesting, Circe! I Am suRprisEd and BEwIldered! Now, back to business! This Group is quite interesting. I fear that We mAy be plumb-TuCkered by tHE time this expeDition is finished!" She made sure to speak slowly, but still retain an air of insanity to keep Azaelia from noticing anything overly suspicious. The Nord would probably think it was just another quirk of Selia's. The helmed Nord soon became distracted, turning to Rellian.

Selia smiled and looked the bewildered Circe in the eye. She began to whisper in the womans ear, walking around her in circles. "Vampire, eh? I was once a vampire. Only a couple of weeks. I hated not being able to jump around town in the day. I can tell you consider me naive. It is a mistake to underestimate a highly-trained assassin, even one who may seem rather... Mad!" With that last word, the Redguard laughed, then pranced away from Circe, not looking back to see her reaction. She stopped right behind Azaelia.

Selia shot out her hand and grabbed the womans shoulder, turning her around. The Redguard doubted she could've pulled that off without the exact circumstances present at the moment. Azaelia seemed rather cautious, but appeared lost in her thoughts right about then. "What, exactly, did you hear, Little Flower? How long were you listening to our conversation?", whispered Selia, using Azaelia's obviously patronizing nickname. Selia sounded both serious and light-hearted while speaking, something very few people could pull off. The assassin released the Nord and gave her a chance to speak, which was rather odd for her. But, odd is normal for Selia, and normal is odd.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts