• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

mast3rlinkx

((Oh, boy. It's been a while for me.))

Once again, the door to the Bannered Mare Tavern was pushed open, and one of the most intimidating women you ever saw stepped through. She was built in such a way that one just knew she was the warrior type and not the scholarly type. As she stepped in, a guard leaning next to the door stared at her armor and said, "Is that armor made of dragon bone? Gods, I need a set of that." Her armor wasn't the only thing made of dragon bone. Strapped to her back was a shield made of dragon bone, and hanging off her hip was a waraxe of the same material. Underneath her shield was a bow, also made of dragon bone. Shutting the door behind her, she took her usual seat, which was in the far corner of the tavern. The bones her armor was composed of clunked as she walked, as opposed to the clank of metal armor, and there was quite a noticeable jingle of gold that could be heard throughout the whole tavern. It was obvious that she was quite well off, and it was easy to assume that she's a bounty hunter.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Dremn entered the room slowly, being careful not to attract any attention. It was difficult to find a seat that wasnt surrounded by bustling crowds. Truth be told, dremn hated crowds, but it had been ages since the Bosmer had ad a comfortable bed to sleep in. Dremn made his way to the bar and spoke softly. "Milk please," and sprinkled a few septims on the counter.
    The barmaid eyed him awkwardly, clearly not accustomed to Wood Elves dressed in furs ordering simply milk. Nonetheless, she fulfilled his request an asked politely. "Will there be anything else?"
    "Perhaps later." Mumbled Dremn. He took his milk and starched for a secluded area to sit. I ding none, he resolved to standing in a dusty corner. He casually sipped his milk and fiddled with an arrow as he observed the room.

NinjaStarGod

Shoulik walked into the bannered mare and approached Hulda, asking in a quite tone "Where is he?" Hulda replied with "he's in the back, but wait what are you doing here? Has something happened? Shoulik continued to the back room and before he reached for the door it opened. There sat at the table was a dark brotherhood assassin. "It's been awhile, Silent but im here for a reason for a traveler whom the dark brotherhood seem to want the blood of, his name is...." before he could finish his sentence Silent spoke the words "Nomad, his name is nomad wanted by the leader for a stolen kill several months ago (whispering the pass-phase) that's the pass-phase for the sanctuary which they made near Morthal awhile back, thats it i must go" Shoulik and silent left the inn and Shoulik traveled back to soiltude whilst Silent went back to the Morthal sanctuary

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Nomad exited his room, hoping no dark brotherhood members were around. He had saved his friends life long ago. Several years before Helgen, and he had not killed a Khajiit vampire they had a contract for in time. He was thus being hunted by them after he had escaped from the clutches of they're leader, Astrid.

NinjaStarGod

Noticing he had been followed by Nomad, Shoulik reentered the bannered mare and spoke to Nomad. " so you followed me to the bannered mare? well i can't blame you if you fear for your life . I know where they are and how to get to them, so if you feel like killing some dark brotherhood we can go there

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    A courier entered the Bannered Mare and gave Nomad a letter.
    "Thank you for the offer, but I am afraid I have some business to attend to. Perhaps some other time."
    He said to Shoulik.

Windcutter

Screw the rules, I have money!
    A lone shadowy figure entered the Bannered Mare quietly. Most of her face was obscured by a dark hood as the figure scanned the room before she slipped into the shadows. She sauntered to the counter with an unusual grace, her boots barely making any sound at all. The barmaid, Hulda, stood behind the counter, her back facing the crowd of people. The female Nord flinched a bit when a gloved hand tapped her shoulder lightly. Turning around, she looked into a pair of brilliantly bright, orange eyes.

"Oh dear," Hulda breathed, "You gave me a fright!"

The stranger remained silent. Then she took off her hood that blocked her face revealing an unnaturally pale visage with high cheekbones and sharp features. She was an Imperial. A very pale one at that.

Hulda's eyes wandered, falling to the red-and-black leather armor that looked like it was from eras ago. However, what really drew the eye was the gleam from a strange jewelry item at the stranger's collarbone, though Hulda wasn't so sure what the emblem represented.

"Your skin is as pale as snow, you scared of sunlight or something?" asked Hulda.

Again, the female Imperial chose to remain silent. She handed over a few septims to the innkeeper. "Mead, please." And with that, the Imperial continued to scan the room with expert eyes.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Mead, please" the pale imperial said to the innkeeper.
    "Hulda, bring another mead for this one as well." He turned to the imperial. "Even Cats need drinks, and Jo'kar rather drink blood than water!" Jo'kar smiled at her. "Does this one not agree?" he said lowly, to be sure as few as possible heard him. He put a few Septims on the table for Hulda, once his mead was safely delivered to his furry paws.

Windcutter

The Imperial turned to where the voice had come from. She stared at the beast-man called Jo'kar with a cold, emotionless expression. If she was surprised, she didn't show it. The woman glanced over her shoulder to make sure no one had heard him. A pair of young adventurers at a nearby table spoke in hushed tones while moving their hands across a map in front of them. In the far corner of the tavern, a mixed group of Nords, Redguards, and Argonians drunkenly swayed back and forth to Mikael's performance of "Tale of the Tongues."

Her eyes fell on the Khajiit once again. "Clever man, or should I say kitten," remarked the female Imperial. A trace of a smile played across her lips, exposing a pair of pointed, deadly curves that gleamed faintly in the dim light of the tavern. "Shouldn't you be smuggling skooma somewhere?"

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Shouldn't you be smuggling skooma somewhere?" the woman smiled thinly at him, Jo'kar grinned and revealed a small bag full of Skooma, before quickly closing the bag and putting it back under his Iron Chestplate. "Kitten? Skooma? Jo'kar is no kitten, and he swears he would never touch that vile liquid!" He laughed for a short while and then continued; "This One is as much cat as Jo'kar! Same teeth." He opened his mouth to reveal the sharp fangs inside and then pointed at her mouth as well. "But Jo'kar wonder, what does a bat come to Huldas' inn for?"

Windcutter

The Imperial looked at the Khajiit's bag of Skooma with very little interest. She didn't even laugh at the beast-man's remark. The woman stared at him silently as she downed all the mead down her throat in one healthy draught. Suddenly, loud, raucous laughter erupted from the crowded table of mixed warriors as one of the Argonians spilled his mead all over the floor along with good pieces of bread and fruit. The Imperial turned her head to the Khajiit.

"It is simple, kitten. This." She pulled out a small, brown coin purse from where it was tucked to her belt. The Imperial's eyes raked over his body, drinking in his features and his armor. "As a fellow mercenary, I am sure you'd understand?"

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Dremn had been listening to the Khajiit and woman's conversation for some time. He replace his arrow and drained his milk. He walked over to the bar and handed over his mug, sitting next to the Khajiit. He looked over to the woman and smiled widely, revealing his own set of fangs, though they were much more prominent than hers. They were more like a dog's canines. Awaiting a response, he asked for another mug of milk.

(OOC: sorry for interrupting, I know it may be rude. Feel free to ignore me if you want.)

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Jo'kar was taken aback by her question, he lost his wits for a second.
    Then, as the milk-drinking elf from across the room sat down to his other side and bared a set of fangs as well, he felt his wits return. "Ah, my lady, Jo'kar is but a simple Sellsword and trader, not a housecat to read of the meaning of rusted coins!" He turned to face the new elf seated to his right; "Perhaps your fellow bloodsucker can tell poor Jo'kar what the lady's coin means? Out of the pure good of his heart of course."

(OOC, No problem Diction, it's an open inn, feel free)

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Dremn casually sipped his milk. "Bloodsucker?" He chuckled. "I'm but a simple hunter. Just with a few extra talents." He eyed the Imperial curiously, inspecting her white skin and yellow eyes. 'Vampire, no doubt.' Dremn thought to himself. 'Jo'kar was right about that.' His eyes drifted over to the coin purse. "It appears she wants to hire you, Khajiit."

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "It appears she want to hire you, Khajiit."
    Jo'kar looked back at the woman, "If that is so, one brown coin is not enough for the splendid warrior Jo'kar is. He wants, let's say, five hundred Septims, and Jo'kar will add his sword to your case, woman."
    He smiled and moved closer to the Imperial before continuing; "And she has the promise of the Kitten that he will not use it on her."
    He smiled and turned to face the other newcomling again.
    "Aah, and this one say he is not a bat? But he choose a cat in an inn full of others, this one is lycan then? A dog?"

(OOC, Diction, it's better if you pick a colour for your characters conversations, like I have green and woodcutter blue, also if you want, I'll invite you to our private chat, and we can see if we fancy doing a RP us three?)

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    (OOC: I am posting from my phone. I cannot add color.)

Dremn smiled. "Perhaps. Maybe you'll find out. Maybe not. I suppose it's up to her." He motioned toward the Imperial. "I am much more simple than Jo'kar here. I only want a share of the profits. Say 25%? I'm not in much need of coin. Thrills however, are in short supply at the moment."

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Che'anni walked into The Bannered Mare tired from her long walk from The Reach, she stopped in Riverwood to say hello to an old friend before taking the extra journey to stop in Whiterun for some sleep. She walked over to the bar talking notice of a small group building up, perhaps they are taking up such a task like she once did.
    She sat down on a stool next to the bar, which happened to be next to an elf, as Che'anni had sat down a Redguard woman came up to her, "Would you like anything?" Che'anni looked at the bar-maiden and quickly replied, "You have any hot stew?"
    The Redguard woman smiled politely before saying, "We have potato and beef, or you can take the chicken with carrots," Che'anni returned the smile with a lick to her lips before replying, "Yes bring me some of, hmm, of the beef stew and some mead," With that the bar-maiden returned to what appeared to be the kitchen she had come from and quickly returned with Che'anni's stew and mead in hand and then placed it down on the bar table in front of Che'anni before quickly saying, "That will be fifty septims please."
    Che'anni dug into her purse that was nestled in her left fur coat pocket and then handed the bar-maiden the gold and that she had asked for before quietly eating away at her stew and listening to the conversation going on next to her while the fire crackled on behind her.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    (OOC, replying to your post in the Character Bio thread. I'm interested in joining the RP. Do I wait to be introduced IC'ly or just walk into the tavern IC'ly? Also, here's a link to my character biography: http://skyrimforum.com/threads/character-profiles.4020/page-46#post-467041)
    (OOC, also, if I may choose my own colors for conversation, I would like this shade of red.)

(OOC:Well I am also interested in joining, So simply do as we all did and walk into a bar and play a scene out for yourself. (*IC of course)
    The red I used was only for the NPC, so don't worry about it. But if you would like me to change it for you I would be happy too.

Naturally if i am able to join the Rp I Would use This)

DovahKaal

The Man in the Velvet Mask
    Eustache of Falkreath slowly walked into The Bannered Mare, eyeing the patrons with a questioning gaze.

'No matter,' thought Eustache, 'I need a drink.'

The barkeep was wiping down the bar with a dust rag when Eustache seated himself in front of her.

"I'll have a bottle of Honningbrew Mead," he said, sliding a handful of septims to the barkeep.

"The bottle's only twenty septims," Hulda replied, sliding a few septims back to Eustache.

"I know, I do a fair bit of trading myself," Eustache said, smiling, "Keep the extra coin, you'll need it later."

Hulda arched her eyebrows. "Why's that?" she asked, setting a bottle of Honningbrew on the bar.

"I thought we might share a bottle of Spiced Wine after closing time," said Eustache, grinning.

Hulda blushed, then slid the coins back to Eustache, smiling.

"I'm spoken for," she said, the redness fading from her cheeks.

"Can't blame a Nord for asking," he said, choking the bottle.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts