• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ren

"Well met James." the young Breton then comes and sits at the table next to them. James proceeded to ask who this young man was. (Rathalos, what an interesting name). "So, Rath, what brings a Breton as young as yourself to Skyrim?"

Kalif suddenly thought that he should get some rest before the beginning of his journey with the Argonian tomorrow. He wished James could come along, but it was this Argonian's trip. Kalif did not want to ask her if James could come along, but it might be worth it. (And what of this Breton? Would he make a reliable traveling companion?

Kalif was not clear on what to do because it did indeed seem as if the Argonian had drifted off.

"And yes, it seems you would be correct in saying that this one has fallen asleep. I am to go on a journey with her to Riften tomorrow. I would enjoy the company of one like yourself on this trip, but it is not my place to invite others on anothers journey. I would ask her, if you wish to join us."

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    (this one seems freindly)"it's a.... long story. You said something about traveling to riften? I've never been there whats it like?" (this riften place sounds amazing sounds big and strong riften... hmm sounds like a port too.. so lots of rare items! this must be some giant city full of sights and sounds! i definately want to go there!)

Deondrey

The hood obscured most of her face, and her eyes remained closed beneath it. But her ears were working splendidly. Though there were a few times her mind wandered away from their conversation, it always seemed to come back when she became the subject.

She stirred only slightly, but she was beside herself with mirth at their speculations of her possibly being asleep. She continued to pretend to be zonked out, but her cruel smile stretched from ear to ear. She knew better than to pass out in an inn, a place open to a wild variety of opportunistic strangers and barbarians. Although--now that she thought about it--she, too, probably needed to get some rest.

And as much as she wanted to sit bolt-upright and say "No" to Kalif's offer of extra companionship, she found herself feeling... a little lenient tonight.

Daenin, having just finished selling furs and leathers to the lady blacksmith here in whiterun, felt a little thirsty and decieded to stop at the bannered mare for drink and, if he was lucky a wench, or more lucky some adventure. Approaching the inn he was almost ran into by a breton boy not much older than himself.

where's he in a hurry to?...oh, well.

As Daenin enters the inn he welcomes the spicy scents that assail him. Mead, women, coin.... argonian?
    He sits at the bar and orders a drink keeping his open ears directed to her small group, wondering why she feinted slumber, and knew at that moment of recognision of her guise she had cuaght him....hopefully not, i dont want trouble before i get to drink.

((i dont know when i'll be able to get on next, but if u guys want to roll with my charc, go ahead and throw him back seat for awhile, i'll catch up when i can, u dont have to if u dont want though. if u do just keep him in majority group sided deals, and no loot till i can play(obviously), but i really would like to jump in if its ok))

rockstar14

"Thank you Kalif, I appreciate the offer." James said. "That Breton seemed to be in a hurry, I wonder where he went off too?" James though as he turned to face the Argonian.

"Hello Argonian, Kalif has told me you are traveling to Riften. I would be honored if you would allow me to travel with you. I can offer you my sword as protection, and in these troubled times, you will need all the help you can get. I don't know you very well, but Kalif seems to be a fine man, and if you are anything like who he says he is, I would be proud to travel you."

He looked expectantly at the her once he finished his little speech. He had hoped that he could convince her, but he couldn't tell how she had taken it.

Shear

The Khajiit strode into the mare, pulling off her cowl as she stepped through the doors. The warmth of the hearth fire was all that greeted her, her only friend the canvas satchel hung concealed from her neck. "A glass of Alto Wine if you have it" She muttered to the barmaid. Handing over a septim as she walked towards a free seat her drink at hand. She placed her sword and her mace on the table beside her, her hand gripping the mace's handle while the other put the glass to her lips.

With a loud bang the doors of The Bannered Mare were flung open revealing a very large Nord with a massive red beard and long flowing red locks. Placing his hands upon his hips the impressive man surveyed the tavern. A short black haired Breton wearing a thick black cloak slinked in behind the Nord. "You do enjoy causing a scene melord..." Scowling deeply and looking down at his servant, Laird Wingate considered striking the man. Instead he simply replied, "I do no such thing, vanity is beneath a man of my caliber." The Laird then strode up to the bar before demanding loudly, "I require a private room for me and my colleagues. Only Nords and any servants they bring should be allowed entrance. One thousand septims will be yours at the end of the night if you follow my orders exactly." The barkeep, taken aback by the generous proposition, widened his eyes and was left momentarily dumbfounded. Laird Wingate, unused to waiting, demanded again, "Come now barman lead on to the room!" The barkeep got ahold of himself and began leading the Laird to an empty room. Before the Laird entered the room he turned to face the crowded tavern. "Any true Sons of Skyrim who believe in a Nord-controlled land feel free to enter these chambers. To the rest of you (scoffs)." The Laird and his servant entered the chambers and the last comment those in the main room heard from him was: Riffraff, we shall soon see to that lot.

(I hadn't noticed any characters representing the arrogant and racist views of the Stormcloaks. I noticed far more Khajit and Elves in the bar than Nords so I figured a racist would be the best suited villain. Every good story has a villain and I intend to play that role.)

Shear

Jo'Zaree barely glanced at the burly Nord, the boom of his voice was off putting enough for her. Setting her drink aside for the moment, the Khajiit pulled from her satchel a book, Mace Etiquette. The cover was worn and scratched, scratches that could only have come from a sharpened blade. The pages were frayed and the ink blotched at places, as if it had been owned for quite some time. Zaree stared blankly at the pages, waiting. She could have hired mercenaries to help her, but all they want is gold, and there were plenty of easier ways to obtain gold than what she was planning. This job called for a certain type, and this was her test to remove the weeds from the tulips...

Deondrey

The Argonian remained quiet for a moment longer, reveling in her own silence, before looking up to meet Jame's inquiry with her golden glare. She frowned at him, her eyes narrow. "Before I answer your question, I would have you know that I don't need protection. Of any kind. I am quite capable of handling myself in this frozen wasteland. Now, with that said, the Nord here is coming with me only to share in the plunder as we have our fun little frolic down to Riften. I told him any loot we come across is his to keep, but..." she glanced to Kalif, "if he is willing to split his share of the goods, then I suppose you may come along as well."

Any other words that left her scaly lips were drown out by the large, boisterous Nord lord as he entered the inn and began spewing his demands. She merely rolled her eyes beneath her shadowy hood and leaned back in her rickety chair. "If I had a septim for every ethnocentric Nord in this damnable town..." she muttered discontentedly, trailing off in her spiteful musings.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    ((I'm joining this RP))

While the others were sipping their mead, one of them heard the door opening, and a rustle of robes. While they all looked around, they spotted a female Khajiit, wearing mage robes. While they questioned each other, they noticed she was wearing a mask. It looked Nordic, oh how they hated nords.

As they were deciding to move, they noticed a flame emitting from the Khajiits hand...

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    ooc: careful not to script others reactions to your character

Ren

Kalif glanced at the large Nord when he entered the Mare. He then returned his focus to the conversation at his table. "I would gladly share the loot."

Kalif noticed the door open again, this time to reveal a Khajiit. Kalif thought to himself, what a strange crowd.

Again Kalif refocuses on his table. "I look forward to venturing with you both tomorrow. However before rest, I must have another drink." Kalif stood and walked to the bar. "A bottle of honningbrew mead if you will," he says tossing a few coins on the counter.

He sits next to yet another khajiit. She seemed very anxious, as she had a hand on the hilt of a mace. Kalif didn't know what to do. He thought it best to just stay quiet for the moment.

As Daenin pondered the argonian and thought to ask if he could join in their travels- for he always liked traveling with their kind, they always had good stories and greater skills- a type of nord that made him disgusted with his own race walked into the 'mare as if he owned it.

what would happen if i just...
    Before Daenin could finish his thought he noticed a khajiit slide in with magic at the ready.
    He decided fast this was going to be ugly, but always with his misplaced trust, Daenin slid as quickly and silently towards the khajiits flank trying his best to block the flames from others' view.

"Now, now why dont you douse that flame and tell me your troubles friend." Daenin wispered to the kajiit so, hopefully, only she could here him.