That awkward moment when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
That awkward moment when you're talking to the barkeep in the Black-Briar meadary and using the exploit to get the speechcraft bonuses and continually ask about Maven Black-Briar only to see her wander up behind the poor guy and stand there for ages watching the whole conversation repeat itself again and again. I still keep expecting to see the guy in a lake some day.

Wildroses

That awkward moment when you are waiting for Erandur to finish his ritual because he is way better than the staff, and you forget that you have equipped the Marked for Death shout and decided to check your weathersense (mod). It was an accident Erandur, I swear!

That briefly unawkward moment were you sheath your spells and Erandur says he'll let you live this time before turning back to the skull, and you think it's going to be okay...followed after a few minutes of watching him raising his hands reverently in dead silence by that awkward moment were you realise that Erandur has taken that incident so badly he will neither talk to you nor finish his ritual.

Then by that awkward moment were you try to take the staff in an effort to finish the quest but can't (probably because Vaermina has taken me "changing my mind" about killing him badly).

Culminating in that awkward moment were you realise you have to reload an old save if you ever want to get a quest you and you alone have buggered up royally out of your journal.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
That awkward moment when you're talking to the barkeep in the Black-Briar meadary and using the exploit to get the speechcraft bonuses and continually ask about Maven Black-Briar only to see her wander up behind the poor guy and stand there for ages watching the whole conversation repeat itself again and again. I still keep expecting to see the guy in a lake some day.

Happened to me too lol.

That awkward moment when you realize that when you enter the NM's coffin , only to see the creepy face of an old woman , not realizing soon that it was the Night Mother (happened to me).

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
That awkward moment when you decide to join the Companions after slaying Alduin and that the members of the Circle never heard of you, ever.

You jump off the waterfall near Valdheim Towers and realise you're going to die on the rocks you swore weren't there when you looked earlier.

You gradually start sliding down a sheer cliff edge at High Hrothgar because you wanted a better view and can't get back in time.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
That awkward moment when you choose speechcraft to be your first legendary skill and go back to the Black-Briar meadary once again to take advantage of the exploit with asking about Maven Black-Briar and finding that Bethesda Patched it. :sadface:

Elladale_Darkwood

-The awkward moment when Enthir is praising you as the Arch Mage one moment and is all angry the next because you ask him to return Onmund's amulet.

-The awkward moment when one of the Mage College professors casually strolls infront of one of the students who are practicing and screams. "Why are you attacking me. Someone help!" before walking away calmly.

-The awkward moment when Arcadia calls your Dark Elf a hearty Nord.

-The awkward moment when that little girl who's mother owns the inn Whiterun follows you into the Breezehome and is blabbling to you for no reason.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
... when a stray chicken decides to move into the hall of the elements.

...When after watching you kill a brierheart the sibil of Debella sceams "Ah a dead body!"(It's really cute when she does it though)

Elladale_Darkwood

... when a stray chicken decides to move into the hall of the elements.

...When after watching you kill a brierheart the sibil of Debella sceams "Ah a dead body!"(It's really cute when she does it though)
The chicken's impressive since there's like not one for like a 100 miles in that area.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
The chicken's impressive since there's like not one for like a 100 miles in that area.
It just sits there in the dead center of the foyer, been there for months. I think the magic anomalies chased it up the ramp from Winterhold.

Vex

Master Nightblade
That awkward moment where you've been hiking forever towards your own map marker only to discover once you get there that you had forgotten to switch it from your last objective to your present one, thus causing you to run across the world in the complete opposite direction of where you need to be.

I've done this more than once. -___-

Saozig

Hippy
...when your new character spends 3 in-game hours chopping wood by Deadwood Lumber Mill in Falkreath to raise coin for better armor, and then slow-walks his over-encumbered self up to Bolund only to be to reminded that Bolund's a totally worthless jackbutt who doesn't buy firewood like every other lumbermill owner in Skyrim and now you have to slow-walk over to Solaf's shop to sell the damn firewood for less coin.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
When you take the secret exit from the thieve's guild and get welcomed by the sight of a guard talking about the thieve's guild and chomping on a piece of bread(through his helmet) while staring at you coming out of the theive's guild tomb.

Elladale_Darkwood

The awkward moment when your Night Elf thinks she's golfing with her dwarven axe and tees off a wolf, sending it flying off a cliff.

The awkward moment when you run around Markharth's keep, waiting for the Jarl to give you the quest to get your house and you realize after fustrating looking online for a hour that you have to be level 20 before he'll give it to you and you're only 17

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
...when you're sneaking behind an enemy, hit 'em with an arrow, they come charging up to you with their weapon drawn, stop right dead in front of you, turn around, and say, "Hmm... I must have been hearing things..."
Oh yeah! Happens all the time to me. I still say, how on earth can you not see a giant dressed all in black with an arrow 3 inches from your crotch? I mean, just tilt your head slightly down dude (or dudette). You really can't miss me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts