Thalmor funding to civilize the Falmer so that they may reclaim Skyrim, why or why not?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fiiralmo

2nd Aldmeri Emissary to Skyrim
Why did this make me all warm and fuzzy inside?
Because you just realized that not all Thalmor are evil, we we protect Elven interests abroad! :)

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Interesting idea, the falmer would almost certainly get used as a pawn by the altmer, who have no love for any race but their own. Whether this would be a net gain or loss to the falmer is unknown. The falmer seem very ready to launch an assault on the surface, unless the Dragonborn slaughtering thousands of them is made cannon. In that case then the years following 4E 201 will have a marked decrease in banditry as well...

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Because you just realized that not all Thalmor are evil, we we protect Elven interests abroad! :)

Yeah, the Thalmor incorporate all of the evil of slavery with the power of imperialism, they don't care about other races, be they beast, man, or mer.

Fiiralmo

I find the restoration of sight an interesting thought. Is there a reason for this? Do we know if the Falmer have developed other senses to compensate for their lack of vision? In my encounters with them, their lack of vision certainly doesn't seem to be a handicap. While I cannot necessarily support your ambitions for Dominion Domination, the possibilities of reintroduction of such a downtrodden people, may very well sway my opinion of you. Is there need of intelligence from the Nord Stormcloaks? For the right fee, I believe I know of those that would be willing to cooperate.
Well that is very helpful to know. Making economic negotiations with Nords is not exactly what I had in mind, and I would have to have it "ok"'d by my superior. To prevent all out war a peace negotiation would be fair for the time being. The Dominion certainly has enough coin to buy land for the Falmer from the Nords. As for sight, it is not necessary to restore. The Falmer can practically see with their noses. Sight, though, is a gift. For the Falmer to be able to see again, it would probably be one of the most symbolic breakthroughs in history!

Fiiralmo

Guess that's why Thalmor have Bosmer slaves. The devs have already said all Thalmor are bad/evil with alien intentions. MK equated them to AIDS.
I have no clue where you got that from. The Bosmer are not our slaves, we live alongside them in peaceful political unity

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well that is very helpful to know. Making economic negotiations with Nords is not exactly what I had in mind, and I would have to have it "ok"'d by my superior. To prevent all out war a peace negotiation would be fair for the time being. The Dominion certainly has enough coin to buy land for the Falmer from the Nords. As for sight, it is not necessary to restore. The Falmer can practically see with their noses. Sight, though, is a gift. For the Falmer to be able to see again, it would probably be one of the most symbolic breakthroughs in history!
You do not need to deal with the Nords directly. I assure you that our interests do not lay with them. They're trust does offer some significant advantages. Perhaps an alliance? As the power lays with the Dominion at the moment, it is our belief that the buttered side should remain up.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Isn't this alittle tedious though? I mean trying to cultivate, or even train Falmor in their present state would take alooooong time to do, if it was even doable. They are Now "Feral Elf type Creatures" that got that way from thousands of years evolving into the state you find them at now. Besides being Savage, they are also somewhat smart... but that just means they "Don't care what you have to say".

I'm thinking the Funds from the Thalmor Treasuries could better be used on more successful projects. A more Successful project than this might even be to "Train All the Goats of Skyrim to rise against the people". That might actually work better.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
I personally believe in the education and civilizing of the Falmer above all. A harmonious relationship with the Nords would be ideal, but I don't believe it would be possible. The Falmer would have to be given lands under the protection of the Dominion

Goals and beliefs are different things, you'd still need to try to go for the harmonious relationship for the sake of the Falmers' return being good news, and in respect to everything they used to stand for. And to finish, this project will remain something to be watched by the other major forces in order to be sure that everything is respected to the letter. The mess with the Talos worship is one thing, saying that a creature like me, even if officially harmless, should be extreminated is another thing, and I don't think I'm actually uglier than a falmer.

Besides, you could even turn that around and get collaborations from these major forces, with the Thalmor establishing the plans.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Goals and beliefs are different things, you'd still need to try to go for the harmonious relationship for the sake of the Falmers' return being good news, and in respect to everything they used to stand for. And to finish, this project will remain something to be watched by the other major forces in order to be sure that everything is respected to the letter. The mess with the Talos worship is one thing, saying that a creature like me, even if officially harmless, should be extreminated is another thing, and I don't think I'm actually uglier than a falmer.
Well.... I wouldn't say you're uglier than a Falmer, but... beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Blackwhite1223

While I don't agree with the Thalmor tactics, I admit that they're one of the few races that would care enoug to re-educate the Falmer. The Nords would be happiest seeing them wiped out, the Empire doesn't give a damn....and on some level, both Altmer and Falmer are kin. I can't stand those of you that hate on Thalmor just because of SOME evil actions. Just because they kill worshippers of one god, doesn't make them evil.

Tyer032392

You can't disagree with what is a known fact. Guess you're new to the ES series and its lore.

Multiple devs have already stated that the Thalmor are evil, alien, AIDS (among many other names) and their only purpose is to be an antagonist. There's no two sides to the Thalmor, sorry.

When you disagree with that, you're disagreeing with MK, not me. And MK>You.

Actually, it is the other way around. As the old saying goes "never bite the hand that feeds" and with us being the consumer and Bethesda being the producer, the consumer has the right to make their own judgement on who is right or wrong. The only thing the producer can do is give the back story and tell the consumer why this certain faction is "evil". In the end, there is so much grey in between both good and evil that we really cannot claim that the Thalmor are evil or not. To some the Thalmor or heroes, while other believe that the Thalmor or the villains.

Tyer032392

No. The Devs make the lore, not the customers. Don't know much about ES canon, eh? The Thalmor are Evil, per the only people that make the lore: The Devs. The Devs>You. Not even Monkey Truth trumps what Devs say.

You just mistook what I said. I was saying that as we buy the license to play this game (not actually own the game), we can make our own assumptions on to who is good and evil. It's like siding with the Empire or Stormcloaks, or Martin and or The Mythic Dawn in Oblivion. Also, while Bethesda makes the lore and has free reign to designate who is evil and good, it is left entirely up to the consumer who decides who is good and evil. Personally, I believe that the Thalmor are evil just for some of the atrocities that they have committed to the other Mer races, but others might see it as "Purification" which is entirely good. Also, the dev's are not greater than the consumer as it is the consumer who buys their goods and pays for their product. If you are a dev and screw the consumer, than you are out of a job.

Two Bears

Actually, it is the other way around. As the old saying goes "never bite the hand that feeds" and with us being the consumer and Bethesda being the producer, the consumer has the right to make their own judgement on who is right or wrong. The only thing the producer can do is give the back story and tell the consumer why this certain faction is "evil". In the end, there is so much grey in between both good and evil that we really cannot claim that the Thalmor are evil or not. To some the Thalmor or heroes, while other believe that the Thalmor or the villains.

I would agree that this is the underlying philosophy behind many of Bethesda's games, Elder Scrolls included.

Tyer032392

Nope. What the Devs say is lore and canon, is lore and canon. Not what the fans say or think.

And if the Developers did not cater to the fans, they would be out of a job. You know, why would Bethesda gives us a side to pick in the civil war of Skyrim if they end up making the Empire/Stormcloaks the good/bad guys which would contradict many players decision. It's just like the same way with the entire Thalmor situation. Also, you claim to be using proof for the Thalmor being evil, but yet you fail to provide said sources. If you provide them, than others will take you far more seriously. To be honest, to claim something without proof of where you got it is just trolling this thread, and while I do believe that the Dev's Might of said the Thalmor are evil, it does not mean I will take your word for it until you provide proof of it.

Two Bears

Er, I stated facts about lore. People responded trying to argue. Not my fault there doesnt seem to be any lore masters on these forums.

But it is your fault that you can't seem to discuss anything without resorting to attacking people. Seriously, why are you so angry? The majority of these posters are a lot younger than you, or I for that matter. Yet, most of them seem a whole lot more in control of themselves. I suspect that we're probably not going to see you much longer around here, but that will be your own doing. Again, it's a shame.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts