• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Well, I can't help you with a tanning trainer, but what I can suggest is you get out there with a bow and some arrows, and start hunting some game! Once you collect enough hides, you can take them to the tanning stations and transform them in to the leather materials you will need to start creating some of your own armor, if that is what you're looking for. Don't forget to see what other materials you need, and hunt them out! If there is a tanning trainer you should be able to find out their location on the wikia soon enough, if the information isn't already out there.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
The one I know of is just inside the front door to Whiterun, next to the forge that is next to the blacksmith, first house on the right. It looks like the hide of a fox stretched out. Just have to walk up to it and activate it to see what you can make, which will also let you browse what materials you need by highlighting the thing you want to make, then looking at the right side bottom for a list of materials.